I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

edvb, thanks! .. but I really meant a zoom-in on the edge of the window to see the quality of the cut (I believe you used a CNC machine to do it, right?)

+1, I wanna get something similar done. Is this something you have plans for or a place we can send it?

dsc0080r.jpg

dsc0082x.jpg

dsc0077kc.jpg

That thing looks fantastic! it is stock Lian Li? I thought about taking the scrap that I have left over from the side panel window and somehow making my own cover.

Last edited:
Its a T-balancer miniNG. Provides automatic fan control with user configurable temperature curves :) It is used to control the power supply fan (replaced Enermax stock fan with Noctua), and the GPU fans.

http://www.t-balancer.com/english/produkt_tban_mini.htm

Please excuse the dust ._. I have had this case for a while now...

Wow, that's pretty nifty. I can see that being used for WC system, as an adaptive fan system.

This case looks awesome. How does this case even work? How do the stock fans do with core i7 build? If you change the fans does it make it louder? This case looks so funky. How do you guys make the light shine out like that? How do you position your heatsink with push pull config? There are so many versions of this case. Whats the latest or best?

@some1x - How did you get the grill to stick, epoxy? That looks like a very nice low profile way to place the grill. My grill is on it's way so i'm looking at different ways to place it on my case.

Second question, i'm thinking of using it as a vent with no fans. will this work to remove all the heat trapped or do i need the fans?

How much do temps improve with the blowhole? What do you guys use to cut the top? anything that is non power tool able to work and how? Tools required? I really want to get this case but I dont want to buy a power tool for a one time use project.

Good looking cases guys!

elo408

Just check thu this thread, I know its alot to read but you'll find alot of information on the blowholes..LOL :D

@some1x - How did you get the grill to stick, epoxy? That looks like a very nice low profile way to place the grill. My grill is on it's way so i'm looking at different ways to place it on my case.

Second question, i'm thinking of using it as a vent with no fans. will this work to remove all the heat trapped or do i need the fans?

I actually used clear double sided tape :) Never got around to ordering nice screws, and it doesn't look bad this way.

Heat doesn't get trapped because the video card fans are actually blowing upwards. I can feel warm air escaping the vents when the video card is under load.

Here are the stats.

- LIAN LI PC-A05NB
- CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX
- CORSAIR DOMINATOR-GT 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000)
- Foxconn BloodRage GTI LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
- Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W
- COOLER MASTER R4-L2R-20CR-GP 120mm Red LED Case Fan
- Xigmatek Intel Core i7 compatible THOR'S HAMMER HDT-S126384

Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks

You guys keep way to little stuff in your cases. Load them up. I want to see all those drive bays and card slots full!!

Stats:

EVGA P55 FTW
i7 860
Corsair Hydro H50
8GB GSkill DDR3-1600
EVGA 9600GT
Asus XonarD1
Avermedia M780
Intel Pro/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter
Western Digital 3000GLFS
Western Digital WD6401AALS
Seagate ST3250824AS-Q
LG GGC-H20L
Samsung SH-S223Q
Seasonic SS-700HM
3.5" card reader Can't remember brand.
4 x Schthe SFF21E @ 900RPM

Running at 26C as shown by the board LED.
I don't have a window, so I don't care about all the wires everywhere.

Well, there is a picture here, but my Endian firewall took a shit all over itself. :(

i7comp.jpg

Last edited:
You guys keep way to little stuff in your cases. Load them up. I want to see all those drive bays and card slots full!!

LOL, speak for yourself! ;)

6_800x640.jpg

Haven't checked this thread in a while. It's cool seeing others still discovering this little chassis.

heres my updated a05b. got a 3rd 6400aaks for some ballin' raid 0 action. also got a new graphics card. old one was an asus dark knight 4870 with 512mb. new one is a sapphire 4870 1gb card. I actually made $10 upgrading to 1gb.

img0315dj.jpg

img0319bf.jpg

i got a 3.5 to 5.25 bay adapter for the 3rd hdd as i wanted to keep exhaust space open and also because i have a fan controller in the 3.5 bay.

edit: also got a new hdtv... its a 37inch olevia that i got from Microcenter for $320 as they were clearing them out.

img0316wo.jpg

need a new tv stand though so i will probably pick this up off craigslist tomorrow for $30

lcdstand.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the stats.

- LIAN LI PC-A05NB
- CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX
- CORSAIR DOMINATOR-GT 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000)
- Foxconn BloodRage GTI LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
- Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W
- COOLER MASTER R4-L2R-20CR-GP 120mm Red LED Case Fan
- Xigmatek Intel Core i7 compatible THOR'S HAMMER HDT-S126384

Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks

SKiZZ....We need pictures...and be Quick about it :D

I was contemplating ordering that setup and wanted feedback. Sorry for the confusion. I just wondering if their was any glaring errors like heatsink wont fit or something. I have an ATI 4890 already to put in it.

I was contemplating ordering that setup and wanted feedback. Sorry for the confusion. I just wondering if their was any glaring errors like heatsink wont fit or something. I have an ATI 4890 already to put in it.

Instead of Thor's Hammer, just get a TRUE or a Cogage TRUE Spirit. Cheaper and performs better. Dominators are pricey as well, but hey that's more of a personal preference ;)

Instead of Thor's Hammer, just get a TRUE or a Cogage TRUE Spirit. Cheaper and performs better. Dominators are pricey as well, but hey that's more of a personal preference ;)

The reason I went with the Xigma was for a future mod, but you may of changed my mind. I was wanting to mod the LED fan so that the LED's throb like a heart in the middle of the heatsink.

Well,I wanted for the red so I didn't have to powdercoat or anodize them.

hahaha sorry 10 degrees. I only have the single fan blowing, I'll switch on the second fan once i get the cable wrapped.

Hey guys. I finally got a dremel, and am partially through realizing my desire to mod my PCA05B. I posted in the main case mod forum in hopes of getting a quicker response, but in case there are a few subscribed fans of this thread....
I'm trying to mod my mobo tray to be like that of the PCA05BN (Or whichever the one is that has the holes for wiring in the mobo tray. Some pics online of the a05bn show it without the holes. I suspect they may have just posted pics of the a05b)
I can't find any good pictures clear enough to be fully confident in cutting without measurements.
Thread is here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1462129

If you'd be willing to post measurements for the wiring cutouts, their distance from the edges of the case and from each other, it would be a tremendous help.

@one swell foop are you talking about the holes on the tray to access the screws for the cpu mounts? I seen a few people that cut out the area and it give you room if you needed to remount your cpu. Look for it, i don't remember what page. I beleive it is the a05nb not bn?

SKiZZ

I have been busy getting ready for winter but here are a couple of pictures of the cutout.
I hope that is what you were looking for.

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

edvb, did you do the window yourself or had someone do it for you (esp. the cut)? I'm asking b/c I'm interested in getting very much the same window (just smaller radius in the corners).

edvb, did you do the window yourself or had someone do it for you (esp. the cut)? I'm asking b/c I'm interested in getting very much the same window (just smaller radius in the corners).

I got my case also..and your cut is OutStanding..please let us know if we can have that information please..pmed of course :)

Hi Guys

It was cut by a CNC machine.

I should of made the window bigger but once in a while I take off the side to check things out and really like how everything fits inside.

I still hit all the forums but for the performance and size I still like what I built the best.

He would probably do a run of 5 minimum for a pretty good price shipped from WI.

It really makes what you wanted from this case in the first place.

Back