I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

If I understand correctly, negative airflow is better than postive. If so, that would mean it's better to have more air exhausting than intake? So would a 120x38mm fit in the front of A05NB while 120x25 in the back?

Dying to replace my Antec case that I've used since 2006. :eek:

Negative or positive doesn't matter if your airflow pattern is not good. It depends on your setup, especially with this case. I stopped using it because setting up a good airflow pattern was not working for me. The most important thing was a blowhole at the top otherwise pockets of dead air and heat build up there. Then you have to deal with the reverse airflow design and how the PSU and front fan is suffocated behind that panel. I couldn't take it anymore without major case modding.

Nomatter how I set up the front and rear fans, adding the blowhole dropped temps by over 10° C. Again, nomatter how I set up the front and rear fans, removing the front panel (so the PSU and front fan was not suffocated), temps dropped by over 10°. Those were inherent flaws that were hard to fix.

If you have the new edition though, it's a lot better. Blowhole is built in (you need to get the grill and fan though) and the arrangement is much friendlier to multi-videocard setups.

Alright, I can report CPU only Temps now. 700D had the rad on the top and exhuasted the air out the top. It was sucking warm air from other components, so it was not the best setup. Now I have the Rad sitting outside of the case (next to it actually) mounted to a Phobya T-Stand.

i5 2500K @ 5.0Ghz/1.48v
IBT was used for load. Maximum Preset.

700D
Idle: 34c
Load: 87c

A05FNB
Idle: 29c
Load: 77c

General system temps are also lower, ~5-7c.

I suspect the V700 will get gpu temps similar to the A05 series. What does a 580 do temp wise? The V750 adds a second 140mm intake vs the V700 single 140mm... But is a hair bigger.

NEW PICS! Everything done except for some more wiring. It gets REAL hard to hide wires when the HDD Cage is out and if you have a POS non-modular PSU....

P3053247.jpg

P3053248.jpg

And one of my shinning a UV light into the case. I'm thinking of adding a window to the case. I'm unsure how I'm going to get nice clean cut lines though...

P3053249.jpg

Not enough room and I think that makes it look fugly anyways. I also, if I do that, then it would put more strain on the pump since i it will have to pump the water up.

Not enough room and I think that makes it look fugly anyways. I also, if I do that, then it would put more strain on the pump since i it will have to pump the water up.

I thought in a close loops, gravity was irrelevant (well 99%). This is due to the fact that when the loop is filled, the pump pushs water and 1 direction, while the negative force behind the pump pulls the water to neutralize itself.

Don't really like how I worded that, but I believe, but I believe the consent is right.

I thought in a close loops, gravity was irrelevant (well 99%). This is due to the fact that when the loop is filled, the pump pushs water and 1 direction, while the negative force behind the pump pulls the water to neutralize itself.

Don't really like how I worded that, but I believe, but I believe the consent is right.

You're on the right track there. There is such a thing as hydraulic head, which is more applicable on larger scale when priming up to a pump or pushing water up a significant elevation. But on this scale it's negligible to the point where it's irrelevant.

Finally got a PC-A05NB :)

54a55a9c_DSC00118-rs.jpeg

a8059178_DSC00122-rs.jpeg

20b0ca6f_DSC00128-rs.jpeg

I would like to Thank everyone in this thread, a lot of useful tips and tricks.

Internal Radiator is for Lanparty only use, external connections are for a Mora 2 Pro ;)
Specs :
i7-970 with Heatkiller 3.0
GTX 580 with GPU-X³ Nickel Hole Edition and EK Nickel Backplate
Rampage III Gene with Liquid Extasy Nickel Plexi Kühler for NB + Mosfet
Dominator GT 2000Cl8
WD Scorpio Blue 1T, WD Scorpio Black 500GB, Crucial M4 128GB (in 5.25" bay)

Phobya G-Changer 280
Noisblocker PK2
BitsPower Rad Grille
Laing Pro DDC-t with Alphacool top
EK Res X2 150 Advanced
Bitspower 10barbs ,Tygon, DP-Ultra red, Koolance VLN3
Aquacomputer Aquaero 4.0 LT, flowmeter and inline Temp Sensor.

Did some cutting :
blendemontiert_2x5206.jpg

Board with waterblocks :
r3gq6de5.jpg

First version of the loop without Res but T-Line (pita to bleed the air out)
loop-compete2f1c6v.jpg

Rebuild with Res X2
agb-neu0zlpn.jpg

Actually I´ve added a distance piece between the "fangrille" outlet and the res to move the Pump off the rear wall of the case.

Plans... WEll maybe a AE5, New Psu (corsair Ax650) is allready at home and waiting for mdpcx parts

Well this is the second time I have this case- this one I bought used of wonSR4 and credit goes to him for the top blowholes- the rest I added :)

I love this case- compact, looks cool and cools really well.

Wiring is much better in person then it appears to be in the pictures.

dsc01064mm.jpg

dsc01065nl.jpg

dsc01066ih.jpg

dsc0107001.jpg

dsc01072t.jpg

dsc01073c.jpg

dsc01074p.jpg

I see those 2 top fans are set up as exhaust right?
I ask this because i'm going to use my gtx260 sc for my upcoming amd fx build (workstation) If i'm correct the gtx260 uses an intake fan to cool the card...
So does the 2 top exhaust fans and the intake fan from the gpu (correct me if i'm wrong)
have a conflict with each other? Meaning the air needed for the gpu is taken away by the 2 top fans. I could use the 2 top fans as intake but then again this means more dust build up...Are there people who have the top fans as exhaust please tell me your findings in temps...

Thanks in advance

I see those 2 top fans are set up as exhaust right?
I ask this because i'm going to use my gtx260 sc for my upcoming amd fx build (workstation) If i'm correct the gtx260 uses an intake fan to cool the card...
So does the 2 top exhaust fans and the intake fan from the gpu (correct me if i'm wrong)
have a conflict with each other? Meaning the air needed for the gpu is taken away by the 2 top fans. I could use the 2 top fans as intake but then again this means more dust build up...Are there people who have the top fans as exhaust please tell me your findings in temps...

Yes the two top fans are exhaust which is a must with this case and a high end system- you want the hot air exhausted as hot air rises- otherwise it gets trapped up top and causes high temps....

In that picture I was using an ATI 5850 which sucks air in and blows it out through the back of the card- never any issues with it...There is air coming in from the front of the case (120mm fan in hdd cage) so you should be fine.

Yes the two top fans are exhaust which is a must with this case and a high end system- you want the hot air exhausted as hot air rises- otherwise it gets trapped up top and causes high temps....

In that picture I was using an ATI 5850 which sucks air in and blows it out through the back of the card- never any issues with it...There is air coming in from the front of the case (120mm fan in hdd cage) so you should be fine.

Thanks man for the reply.

Ok il just use them as exhaust and check the temps will be using 2 noiseblocker black 140mm with 90cfm. I forgot to mention il be using an corsair H80 cpu cooler i hope this shouldnt be a problem since it will blow warm air into the case.
In either case seen others with a similar concept 2 top exhaust fans but most often with an air cpu cooler. I can always switch to intake for the 2 top fans.

Last edited:
Internal Radiator is for Lanparty only use, external connections are for a Mora 2 Pro ;)
Specs :
i7-970 with Heatkiller 3.0
GTX 580 with GPU-X³ Nickel Hole Edition and EK Nickel Backplate
Rampage III Gene with Liquid Extasy Nickel Plexi Kühler for NB + Mosfet
Dominator GT 2000Cl8
WD Scorpio Blue 1T, WD Scorpio Black 500GB, Crucial M4 128GB (in 5.25" bay)

Phobya G-Changer 280
Noisblocker PK2
BitsPower Rad Grille
Laing Pro DDC-t with Alphacool top
EK Res X2 150 Advanced
Bitspower 10barbs ,Tygon, DP-Ultra red, Koolance VLN3
Aquacomputer Aquaero 4.0 LT, flowmeter and inline Temp Sensor.

Did some cutting :

Board with waterblocks :

First version of the loop without Res but T-Line (pita to bleed the air out)

Rebuild with Res X2

Actually I´ve added a distance piece between the "fangrille" outlet and the res to move the Pump off the rear wall of the case.

Plans... WEll maybe a AE5, New Psu (corsair Ax650) is allready at home and waiting for mdpcx parts

What tubing did you use, was it 3/8 5/8 Tygon Clear?

Last edited:
Got my A05FN yesterday and i must say its a awesome case!
I had a bit of problems with temps of my gfx so had to improvise(pic below).
The gfx temp went down by about 15°C during load and cpu about 5°C drop.
Tomorrow i am going to focus on getting the sound deadening cut out before i install the new psu coming monday.

pics are taken with a phone so dont expect to much quality :(

Used those rubber mounting things you get with some fans to mount them with instead of screws(pulled them through the holes in the pci port cover).
2012-03-31211506.jpg

So much dust in my gfx card and i got it this xmas.:(
SSD got mounted behind the the motherboard tray later.
2012-03-31160234.jpg

My new psu cant come fast enough all these wires are making me crazy. Used up all my computer cash so cant buy sleeve for the other cables untill next month.
The rubber rings for HDDs that came with the chassi was a bit hard imo so i used the old that i had in my old antec chassi. HDD mounted backwards so i could hide the cables better.
2012-03-30235354.jpg

Sound deadening! love it and more is coming! Missing the fan in the top but its coming monday.
2012-03-31215609.jpg

Might need to make a fan hole in the bottom but wont know untill the top fan is installed.
Removing the 80mm would be good as its a random zalman fan i found in one of my computer parts boxes is loud even at 5v/7v.
the following 2 pics are not to do with the chassi it just has with the components and the tight clearance between memory and cpu cooler.
http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz345/Mussan/Dator/2012-02-24173015.jpg
http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz345/Mussan/Dator/2012-02-24171456.jpg

is there a way to make the surface more finger print resistance? thinking of something like car wax ect.

Just finished a new build for my uncle, I think I did a fairly good job. Yes, that heatsink is fanless, running at around 37 degrees. Been spoiled by modular PSU's :(, non modular PSU's are a PITA.

r0026720.jpg

r0026721.jpg

Brendan

Last edited:
Update: Just got my HDD enclosures, this little box is stating to get heavy :p oh and I also got some brushed aluminum case feet!
Now if only I could decide what colors I want to sleeve my PSU in :eek:
_MG_0311U.png

What enclosures are these?

Just thought I'd add this: I have my airflow reversed (blows from the front to the rear) and stuck in a piece of cardboard to direct the PSU's exhaust directly out to the sides to the intake fan on top of the exhaust doesn't suck in the warm air.

I think even if the PSU fits length-wise, the mobo will block some of the modular connectors.

Here is mine. Built three weeks ago. So far very happy. I just added a drive rack with another 500GB HD in the lower external drive bay.

I have both case fans blowing in and controlled down to about 600rpm using the two Zalman controllers that I had. I added a 140mm Cougar fan to the top panel blowing out at about 900rpm. Almost silent and the temps are great. I added a baffle to the front faceplate to separate PS exhaust air from the case fan intake. Much quieter than my old CM Scout with the stock fans. Still needs some work on the cabling.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Is it possible, to use in this case, a 170mm PSU? Or it will be hard to mount motherboard?

Hi guys. Is it possible, to use in this case, a 170mm PSU? Or it will be hard to mount motherboard?

You could run in to clearance issues, yes. It often depends if the PSU is modular and if so, how the modular sockets on it are placed.

I know that recemended lenght of PSU is 160mm. My PSU is XFX Core 650W and its not modular.

If the non modular cables gets in the way, you can always flip over the PSU. The case's PSU bracket support both sides.

Back