I got a PSP for cheap

Defective

[H]ard|Gawd
What are some good games for it? I haven't really been paying attention.

Gamestop was going to give this guy peanuts for it, I gave him $100 and the thing is new. I got the box and all. I got Tony Hawk SP8 with it too.

megaman powered up
megaman maverick hunter x
ridge racer
lumines
lumines 2
metal gear solid portable ops
burnout
marvel: UA
wipeout pure
syphon filter
socom FTB
socom FTB 2
killzone liberation
loco roco
GTA: LCS
Daxter
GTA: VCS
Tekken: DR
etc.

normally you should just get the sequels on most of these games, but I put the orginals there too because you can probably find them for cheaper than the newer ones.

What games are you into? I can get a better idea of what you might like.

Anything but sports games, really. Metal Gear would probably be a good place to start for me. I'll pick that up. How's Daxter?

Defective said:
Anything but sports games, really. Metal Gear would probably be a good place to start for me. I'll pick that up. How's Daxter?
Daxter is really good. If you pick up MGS:pO, hopefully you have played MGS3/MGS2 to get a better understanding of whats going on.

some more you should probably check out

Ace Combat
ultimate ghost n goblins (although kinda hard)
virtua tennis
gripshift
miami vice (though kinda short)
ssx on tour
kingdom of paradise
street fighter alpha max
def jam: fight for ny (though, pretty much same as the console version)
gradius collection
gun showdown
field commander

all these I'd rate pretty good games

Yea, I just read about Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins last night. Its good to hear its good. I'll buy that. I love games like that.

Defective said:
Yea, I just read about Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins last night. Its good to hear its good. I'll buy that. I love games like that.
Yeah, took me a while to beat it, but I felt pretty good when I did. :p

Need for Speed: Carbon
Race Driver 2006
WRC: FIA World Rally Championship

What firmware version is it running?

Its running something before 2.81 (I think). I don't have it in front of me.

Check out Field Commander if you're into turn base strategy (such as Advance Wars on GBA).

acascianelli said:
Anything under 2.80 is homebrew capable.
DOWNGRADE IT!!!!!! UPGRADE TO 3.02OE CUSTOM FIRMWARE!! :eek:

Sorry about that....
I say get Daxter for your first game, I think that is still my fav. PSP game out-to-date.

dj_2004 said:
DOWNGRADE IT!!!!!! UPGRADE TO 3.02OE CUSTOM FIRMWARE!! :eek:

Sorry about that....
I say get Daxter for your first game, I think that is still my fav. PSP game out-to-date.

There is no downgrader for 2.80 yet, but it will be possible very soon.

Defective said:

It's an awesome game. If you liked the old ones, you can't go wrong.

Here are some more(a few from my personal collection)........

Mercury
Mercury Meltdown
Puzzle Bobble Pocket
Ultra Puzzle Bobble Pocket
Bubble Bobble Evolution
Every Extend Extra
Gunpey
Sengoku Cannon
Sonic Rivals
Powerstone Collection

I got Ultimate Ghosts & Goblins . . . the evil bastard that made that game hates all of mankind and probably rapes puppies . . . but its good. Damn that game is hard.

Defective said:
I got Ultimate Ghosts & Goblins . . . the evil bastard that made that game hates all of mankind and probably rapes puppies . . . but its good. Damn that game is hard.
:p Yup.

Any ideas for your next game?

Well, if I don't spike the PSP playing one of these UG&G levels, I'll probably get Daxter or Portable Ops.

I got one for Xmas with MGS Portable Ops, Syphon Filter Dark something, Tekken Resurrection, and Lumines. Having not paid any attention to the thing before I didn't know much about the PSP. I downloaded the 3.03 update for it.

Now all I read about is that it's best to have a lower version for the "fun" part of having a PSP. :(

Now all I read about is that it's best to have a lower version for the "fun" part of having a PSP.

yeah man that's a bummer, the full speed Playstation 1 emulator was just released yesterday by Dark_Alex. Talk about a sweet christmas present! I've been switching play time between Castlevania SOTN, Xenogears, and Twisted Metal 2 on my psp, all the old classics playable in the palms of my hands, oh the nostalgia! :)

Grahf said:
yeah man that's a bummer, the full speed Playstation 1 emulator was just released yesterday by Dark_Alex. Talk about a sweet christmas present! I've been switching play time between Castlevania SOTN, Xenogears, and Twisted Metal 2 on my psp, all the old classics playable in the palms of my hands, oh the nostalgia! :)

Yea, I havent upgraded the firmware in mine yet. I'm currently researching the emulation stuff. I have SOTN for the console but I would really love to play it on the PSP. That and Azure Dreams (if it works).

Yea, I havent upgraded the firmware in mine yet. I'm currently researching the emulation stuff. I have SOTN for the console but I would really love to play it on the PSP. That and Azure Dreams (if it works).

Yeah, Azure Dreams (NTSC) works. Pretty much all psx games are compatable as long as they are NTSC.

BTW, what firmware are you running? I can help get you up and running if you have any questions, lemme know.

Defective said:
I'm running 2.81. I sent you a PM. Thanks for any help!
IIRC, 2.81 cannot be downgraded as of yet. I would still not update though.

Cool, a guy at work says he has an older PSP. I'm talking to him about swapping. He's never going to hack his.

so far Ace Combat X is the best one I've played so far, I'm going for MGS Portable Ops next.

It's listed in the thread, but Killzone: Liberation is the game that made me realize the PSP is a viable gaming system (it had been living in a drawer until late last year).

I want Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony, but I'm a huge DS fan (have played DS1 and 2 over and over).

Check out Lumines if you're into puzzle games, its addicting as hell and should be pretty cheap now.

Back