I give up. Can't save to my storage drive anymore

ZeqOBpf6

Gawd
If you have a system dual booting on one drive and a second drive for storage and you can't write to the storage drive all of the sudden, but you can read from it, try this

sudo umount /dev/mapper/veracrypt4
sudo mount -t ntfs -o umask=000 /dev/mapper/veracrypt4 /media/veracrypt4

If you get the error

The disk contains an unclean file system (0, 0).
Metadata kept in Windows cache, refused to mount.
Falling back to read-only mount because the NTFS partition is in an
unsafe state. Please resume and shutdown Windows fully (no hibernation
or fast restarting.)

Just go completely turn off hibernation in Win 10, there should be no hidden or protected hiberfile.sys in the C: drive at all.

Last edited:
Well it's bricked now, so whatever. One of the suggestions was do some NTFS command,so I did and it actually seemed like it was working but it needed to reboot, now it just hangs at the Mint boot screen forever, even with the storage drive removed and I get

Couldn't get size, and then it gives me a bunch of suggestions that don't do anything.

It's highly unlike permissions just changed, are you certain the drive isn't actually failing?

EDIT: Are you trying to share an NTFS partition from a Linux box? In my experience this doesn't work as you can't get permissions right, NTFS isn't a native file system under Linux. Create an Ext4 partition and transfer all of your files to an Ext4 partition for sharing and you should be fine.

Try avoiding veracrypt until you have the share up and running.

Last edited:
I had everything working flawlessly for months until yesterday. I'm really not trying to do any sharing, not intentionally anyways. I've had that storage drive Veracrypted before I installed either this current W10 or Linux. I realize it's sort of an obstacle but it doesn't seem to be the issue for now.

When I originally installed Linux I was pretty surprised but all my files on my storage drive were immediately recognized and I had zero issues playing, accessing, deleting, or creating anything without any specific intervention from myself. I assume the drive was originally an NTFS system because that drive has been with me for some time.

I really don't want to wipe the drive or risk any kind of file loss. As it stands I'm on the W10 boot and everything is working fine. When I was in Linux last it said the filesystem was Fuse which is a term I've never heard or noticed before.

Perhaps check the SMART status of the drive, it may be failing?

Although there have been a number of updates to SMB under all operating systems since WannaCry which may be contributing to your issues.

dW9zhey.png

Never used this before but I'm guessing this is fine.
Can still read-write on this drive in Win10 all day

View attachment 126188

Never used this before but I'm guessing this is fine.
Can still read-write on this drive in Win10 all day

So, let me get my head around this. Is this a drive you're sharing from a Windows machine to a Linux machine or is this some form of removable disk that works on the Windows machine but not on the Linux machine? Or are you dual booting and sharing an NTFS formatted drive between operating systems?

Because in your fstab I'm seeing a valid boot drive, an efi partition and then what looks like some odd form of swap partition. I'm not really seeing anything else, nor should I as you should be able to see the NTFS drive in file manager and it should automount as soon as you double click on it, you shouldn't have to add it to fstab.

Last edited:
So as I understand this... you have 2 HDDs. One has a windows and a Linux mint part, which you dual boot from. One is an NTFS "storage" drive... that you created under windows but have been reading and writing to from Linux ?

That normally works just fine... as long as windows isn't doing anything stupid like saving fast boot state hyberfiles or the like to the drive. In general I would say don't read your actual windows part from Linux unless you know what your doing. (in general if you turn things like hyberfil off ect you can read windows parts no issues but you do have a chance of messing up your windows part as MS does some stupid things and likes to make changes that effect such things.. and turn things back on ect when they update windows)

It would help to know any error messages you are seeing ect... to better understand what the issue is. If its a NTFS part is in an unsafe state error or some other sillyness.

It sounds like your linux isn't booting at all now though ? Perhaps try to boot linux to a terminal instead of graphical mode. When you see your grub menu... hit the "e" key to edit your boot options. Find the line that says something like;
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.0.0-12-generic root=UUID=8d535868-a72d-4b53-93da-9e83e1d8b7f3 ro quiet splash
Add a "3" to the end of the line and remove quite and splash so you get information about your boot for troubleshooting if it still won't boot.
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.0.0-12-generic root=UUID=8d535868-a72d-4b53-93da-9e83e1d8b7f3 ro 3
Hit F10 to boot with your changes.

This should boot you to a terminal prompt. (no GUI)
You can log in here... and get a working terminal hopefully.

Once you get to a prompt;

sudo fdisk -l
and / or
df -h

Make sure you see all your physical drives and parts.
It should list your drives Linux mounts drives as
/dev/sda1/ /dev/sda2 ect
df- h should tell you where parts are mounted as well

With a bit more info we may be able to offer a more specific fix. (also just a FYI... FUSE is a method unix like systems use to mount file systems not supported by their kernel. Most novice facing distros such come with NTFS-3G preinstalled)
It sounds like the issue comes from the windows backup... windows likely changed something on the drive. However if you get to a linux prompt it probably doesn't hurt to ensure NTFS-3G is / still installed. I would assume in Mint that would be;
sudo apt-get install NTFS-3G

If you get to a command prompt ... and you see your storage drive you can always try to mount it by hand to see if its a mount issue.

sudo mkdir -p /mnt/win_storage
sudo ntfs-3g /dev/sda2 /mnt/win_storage
(replace /dev/sda2 with the correct drive of course)

Last edited:
from the errors in the commands you provided it looks like maybe its mounting as read only. did you happen to run mount when you were in the command line, and was it rw or ro? looks like this is a fairly coming problem when sharing a filesystem between windows and linux, you might need to do a 'chkdsk' in windows on it.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Unfortunately I was able to try almost nothing for one reason or another.

It sounds like your linux isn't booting at all now though ? Perhaps try to boot linux to a terminal instead of graphical mode. When you see your grub menu... hit the "e" key to edit your boot options. Find the line that says something like;
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.0.0-12-generic root=UUID=8d535868-a72d-4b53-93da-9e83e1d8b7f3 ro quiet splash
Add a "3" to the end of the line and remove quite and splash so you get information about your boot for troubleshooting if it still won't boot.
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.0.0-12-generic root=UUID=8d535868-a72d-4b53-93da-9e83e1d8b7f3 ro 3
Hit F10 to boot with your changes.

This should boot you to a terminal prompt. (no GUI)
You can log in here... and get a working terminal hopefully.

My version had "quiet splash $vt\ _handoff" I took a shot and deleted all of it and replaced it with a 3.

It kinda just went crazy and then I was at a command line without typing in my password. I hit enter and I was in root. So whatever that means

Once you get to a prompt;

sudo fdisk -l
and / or
df -h

Make sure you see all your physical drives and parts.
It should list your drives Linux mounts drives as
/dev/sda1/ /dev/sda2 ect
df- h should tell you where parts are mounted as well

With a bit more info we may be able to offer a more specific fix. (also just a FYI... FUSE is a method unix like systems use to mount file systems not supported by their kernel. Most novice facing distros such come with NTFS-3G preinstalled)
It sounds like the issue comes from the windows backup... windows likely changed something on the drive. However if you get to a linux prompt it probably doesn't hurt to ensure NTFS-3G is / still installed. I would assume in Mint that would be;
sudo apt-get install NTFS-3G

If you get to a command prompt ... and you see your storage drive you can always try to mount it by hand to see if its a mount issue.

sudo mkdir -p /mnt/win_storage
sudo ntfs-3g /dev/sda2 /mnt/win_storage
(replace /dev/sda2 with the correct drive of course)

I'm supposed to write those one line, hit enter, then the next line, hit enter, right?
sudo fdisk -l ENTER
and / or ENTER
df -h ENTER

First one showed a seemingly infinite amount of information. But I did see my 12TB drive, and it was in fact called /dev/sda2, so at least that was as expected

and / or

lol. Command not found, I can install it with apt-get install and

apt-get install and

unable to install, not found, maybe try apt-get update or --fix (or whatever)
doesn't matter, neither helped.

Tried a few other things and decided I didn't want to further mess stuff up. I definitely did something with the NTFS-3g, it's hard to remember what. I did take a picture in all the madness though. I did see Linux call the 12TB a basic Windows storage or something.
Back in Windows everything still working fine fwiw.

I ran chkdsk /F D: and after unmounting the drive I got seven
Correcting total allocated size in attribute record
errors, but other than that nothing else showed any kind of error.

Attachments

• IMG_20181209_201749.jpg
    IMG_20181209_201749.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oh yeah, it's putting me in emergency mode.
Ctrl+D to continue just brings me the same prompt, enter just throws me at the command prompt.

I tried

linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.0.0-12-generic root=UUID=8d535868-a72d-4b53-93da-9e83e1d8b7f3 ro 3 $vt\ _handoff
(leaving the vt handoff in)

and it seemed to change nothing.

Googling around more "the problem" whatever that even is at this point, has to do with something called fstab.

Apparently I'm the only person alive where that is not enough information because I found two separate threads that concluded with "check your fstab" and "I realized it was my fstab, thanks so much."

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    627.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Interesting...

Well $vt\ _handoff ... isn't a big deal leave it or remove it when booting to run mode 3. Its a Ubuntu thing... I believe it keeps contents of boot msg on terminal 7 or something like that. Mint is based on Ubuntu.

Looking through your boot msgs... I have to ask do you have an Nvidia video card. Its possible this isn't related to your hard drive at all.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Fstab

/etc/fstab is where Linux keeps its auto mount infos. You can edit the fstab config file to mount drives to the file system. You will notice Linux doesn't use silly drive letters. Everything is mounted somewhere. Via Fstab you can control what is mounted where and how. Its how you set mount points. So for instance you could mount a different physical drive as your /home ect.

it seems like its not finding /swapfile, you might try commenting that out in your /etc/fstab and reboot.

it seems like its not finding /swapfile, you might try commenting that out in your /etc/fstab and reboot.

yea i dont have the slightest idea how to do that, or what commenting out even means

Reading through that fstab bible is it
sudo nano -Bw /etc/fstab /dev/mapper/veracrypt4/swapfile

Don't want to just start mashing in commands since that's what got me in this emergency mode situation in the first place

Literally know idea how anyone has this stuff figured it out, absolutely baffling how you guys know what commands and flags and options to use. Thanks though!

EDIT: Yes it's an NV 980ti

you put a # sign at the start of that line, which means when the config is read it will not use that line, it will treat it like those other comments. i see in your post #10 during bootup your system is having problems using the /swapfile. so if you put a # at the start of that line, it wont be used, if it doesn't help, then you can take the # away from the start of the line and go back to the way things were.

Well its a long shot but might be worth a shot... in the past ubuntu with encrypted drives and some nvidia drivers caused issues. (not sure if you remember Mint updating Nvidia drivers recently or anything)

Anyway if you get to a prompt you can try purging your nv drivers and installing the latest. (not likely what needs done but worth trying perhaps)

sudo apt-get purge nvidia* [ENTER] (This will remove what you got)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers [ENTER] (this will add a personal package archive containing the latest NV drivers for reference https://launchpad.net/~graphics-drivers/+archive/ubuntu/ppa)
sudo apt-get update [ENTER] (this will update your package list... including new NV packages from the PPA you just added)
sudo apt-get install nvidia-410 [ENTER] (this will install the latest NV driver)

Reboot (might want to try a standard boot and see if issue is gone... although I wouldn't bet on that.) If not reboot with runmode 3 again... and see if you are still seeing signiture not signed with trusted key errors. (this Error in general means some bit of hardware isn't signed for use with secure boot or some such... which is why it made me think it might be in fact a GPU driver error... Nvidia Closed sourced drivers are bolted onto the kernel using a system called DKMS from what I gather over the last few years some people have run into issues with some drivers not being signed properly and it causing them odd mounting issues.) anyway worth a shot as its not to involved... and worse case if that isn't it when you get back up you got the latest NV drivers.

I'll try it now. Rebooting takes about 4 minutes. I swapped over to onboard gfx snd removed the card first though and no luck

Ok
Sudo add-apt-repository ppa: graphics-drivers

Unable to init server: could not connect: connection refused
Cannot add ppa: https connection pools(host='launchpad.net', port =443
Max retries exceeds with url: /API/1.0/~graphics-drivers/+archive/ppa (caused by newconnectionerror('<urllib3.connection.verifiedhttpconnection object at 0x7f16a7d32f60>: failed to establish a new connection errno -2 name or service not found

Feeling cocky and thinking maybe God didn't hate me and this was just related to not have any graphics card plugged in I went ahead and tried
Sudo apt-get update
Just to see
Could not resolve
Could not resolve
Could not resolve
13 times in a row

Last edited:
networking will not be enabled in rescue mode. you would have to bring up the interface manually if you want to use apt.

but to me it still looks like you have filesystems that aren't mounting on boot.

Bring up what interface?

I added a # to the front of that swapfile line in fstab. I think. It looked just like that picture I posted earlier. Anyways, the line turned blue which I know means it turned it in to a comment.

Rebooted and still had to wait 4 minutes of timing out to find out that the system is unable to boot.
This is getting super frustrating.

It looks like the swapfile's encrypted? Which is kind of how it looks in fstab also?

I've seen this before in Mint. Where something that's formatted Windows filesystem, then I bring it over to Mint and I can't save anything to it. But, I can see the files just fine. Based on you original explanation, it sounds very much like what I experienced.
Try this. This is what I did to solve mine.
Code:
sudo mount -o remount,rw /partition/identifier /mount/point

I've seen this before in Mint. Where something that's formatted Windows filesystem, then I bring it over to Mint and I can't save anything to it. But, I can see the files just fine. Based on you original explanation, it sounds very much like what I experienced.
Try this. This is what I did to solve mine.
Code:
sudo mount -o remount,rw /partition/identifier /mount/point
NTFS fuse is mounted read only by default to prevent users from messing up their Windows installations. And linux should never be installed on an NTFS drive to begin with. If the swap file is located on an NTFS partition, that's a major mistake.

I believe at this point he has 2 separate issues:
- the original issue of being unable to write to his ntfs shared disk partition.
- box is not properly booting because there are partitions not mounting, such as the swap file. it seems odd to me that he has both a /swapfile and a /dev/mapper/cryptswap

anyways at this point it seems like he has to get past problem 2 so the box is correctly booting to get back to fixing problem 1, which i agree is probably as simple as being mounted as read only which is why i had asked about the output of mount.

The NTFS support in NTFS-3G is not 100% compatible so they actually warn to avoid making the drives writeable. If the OP doesn't absolutely need to write to the NTFS partitions, it's better not to.

NTFS fuse is mounted read only by default to prevent users from messing up their Windows installations. And linux should never be installed on an NTFS drive to begin with. If the swap file is located on an NTFS partition, that's a major mistake.
Okay. I'm not sure what about my statement made you jump to the conclusion that I installed Linux to NTFS. My situation was the same as OP. Trying to mount a drive read-write so that I can move files to it. By default, it's mounted read-only. As you said. So, I'm not sure where the rest came from.

Either way, ZeqOBpf6 please try what I posted in my last comment before this thread goes off-track too far.

The NTFS support in NTFS-3G is not 100% compatible so they actually warn to avoid making the drives writeable. If the OP doesn't absolutely need to write to the NTFS partitions, it's better not to.
Read the OP! He wants to write and save files to the drive.

God DAMN Linux rescure squad in here! <3

Boot stuff looks promising? There are fewer errors here than the first goaround. The fileswap errors are completely gone.

It still times out on boot waiting for something which makes this quite a bit more tedious as it adds 2 minutes to the boot every single time. I should also add that after testing it, doing a first command without sudo changes nothing. I have yet to get asked for my password once since it first starting going in to emergency mode. Also, thinking back, I seem to recall something about Linux not wanting to see a storage drive that was originally built in Windows if you did a shut down of Windows, and rebooting instead was required, had something to do with hibernation. I'm just rebooting in Windows but there was a big update to W10 recently..

The remount suggestion... I wasn't really sure what to set things as but I tried a few different times and got an error every time. Though looking at the error suggests I'm just writing the command wrong. I can also say that I am 99% sure that the entire emergency mode issue happened after doing

sudo apt-get install ntfs-config ntfs-3g

when installed, in the dash, type in and run: ntfs-config enter your password when prompted, and then you can enjoy read/write support for ntfs file systems.

I'm sure the stuff I did after that had no impact on this whatsoever /s
____

Damn that text is hard to read

I tried
sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/sda /media/veracrypt4
sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/sda1 /media/veracrypt4
sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/sda2 /media/veracrypt4

And then all 3 again without the /veracrypt4

One other thing: At this point, if the storage drive was writable, how would I even know?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
God DAMN Linux rescure squad in here! <3

Boot stuff looks promising? There are fewer errors here than the first goaround. The fileswap errors are completely gone.

It still times out on boot waiting for something which makes this quite a bit more tedious as it adds 2 minutes to the boot every single time. I should also add that after testing it, doing a first command without sudo changes nothing. I have yet to get asked for my password once since it first starting going in to emergency mode. Also, thinking back, I seem to recall something about Linux not wanting to see a storage drive that was originally built in Windows if you did a shut down of Windows, and rebooting instead was required, had something to do with hibernation. I'm just rebooting in Windows but there was a big update to W10 recently..

The remount suggestion... I wasn't really sure what to set things as but I tried a few different times and got an error every time. Though looking at the error suggests I'm just writing the command wrong. I can also say that I am 99% sure that the entire emergency mode issue happened after doing

sudo apt-get install ntfs-config ntfs-3g

when installed, in the dash, type in and run: ntfs-config enter your password when prompted, and then you can enjoy read/write support for ntfs file systems.

I'm sure the stuff I did after that had no impact on this whatsoever /s
____

Damn that text is hard to read

I tried
sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/sda /media/veracrypt4
sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/sda1 /media/veracrypt4
sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/sda2 /media/veracrypt4

And then all 3 again without the /veracrypt4

One other thing: At this point, if the storage drive was writable, how would I even know?
It's failing on some dependencies.

For the mount read-write, try doing
Code:
mkdir /media/veracrypt4
first. Then, do the commands again. You only want to mount sda1 or sda2. Not both. sda2 is your 11TB partition, so I'm going to say to try and mount that one read-write.

It appears to be failing to mount on boot for some reason. This may or may not help. But, post the results.
Also, since you're already root, you can drop the "sudo".
To check if a drive is writable, try to "touch" a file that doesn't exist.

Edit: looking back at your most recent pictures, a dependency isn't able to load in order to mount those drives. Addressing that will be first priority. You may need to boot off a live cd of Mint and mount the drives and run fsck or an update/upgrade. I can only throw those two suggestions out right now. I'll be able to help more later. But, I'm sure some Google results for those dependency missing messages you're seeing would help get to the bottom of it.

Last edited:
EDIT: Just saw your edit, will start looking at that stuff

touch a file like
cd /media/veracrypt4/fakefolder
fakefile.txt

and see what it says? I'll try the mkdir now.

Seems pretty relevant.

Still getting mount point not mounted or bad option with the mount command though

EDIT: On boot it hangs on "scanning for BTRFS filesystem"
and then, "A start job is running for dev-disk-by\x2duuid-E02234239804FA.device

Attachments

• IMG_20181210_113421.jpg
    IMG_20181210_113421.jpg
    640.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

touch a file like
fakefile.txt

and see what it says? I'll try the mkdir now.

Seems pretty relevant.

Still getting mount point not mounted or bad option with the mount command though

EDIT: On boot it hangs on "scanning for BTRFS filesystem"
and then, "A start job is running for dev-disk-by\x2duuid-E02234239804FA.device
Hmmm so it seems to mount something to the veracrypt4 directory successfully. Which is why it came back with "file exists".
Yeah. The very next thing below the "A start job is running for dev-disk-by\x2duuid-E02234239804FA.device" message is what you want to search for. Which are dependency failures. I'll poke my head back in tonight to see where you've gotten.

touch a file like
fakefile.txt

"touch" is a linux command to create a file.

"touch file.txt" will create an empty file called "file.txt" . It is an easy way to test write capability/permissions.

Am I supposed to be able to do stuff from the liveCD?

I got in, under "Computer" I see my 12TB but it can't be mounted, my Windows partition is there.

I navigate to etc/fstab and try and comment out the cryptswap and the regular swapfile to see if that helps. But I can't save it? Not sure how to update or upgrade anything and I see no options to log in to that drive anywhere.

I tried a few other things but ultimately wasn't able to do anything but look at stuff.

Then I went back in to command and tried
ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid

Which spat out a whole bunch of stuff. I feel like I have three more NVME partitions than I used to have. Anyways, is sda4 always the swapfile? The thing I read seemed to imply that, and my SDA4 also had the longest UUID by a huge margin, and so did his example.

umount /dev/nvme0n1p5
fsck -y /dev/nvme0n1p5
poweroff

Didn't help.

Do I have a swap file? It seems like I don't. Just these swapfile and cryptswap on veracrypt4 but nothing on the SSD? Can I just make one?

Attachments

• IMG_20181210_134025.jpg
    IMG_20181210_134025.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 0
The storage drive? It was NTFS, Linux calls it Fuse. I think I have unmounted and remounted it, yeah.

Can't get in to Linux at all now though so it's kind of a moot point.

So there is a lot of confusion going on because you are getting a lot of advice from different angles of the problem. So just a few quick notes from glances I had at the screenshots:

In the latest, if you are logged on a LiveCD, you likely aren't in root and therefore cannot change the permissions on the system. It will give you errors when trying to save a file on the primary system without root permissions.

In the previous one showing your mount issues, it seems likely you are trying to mount to points that already have mounts or are not valid.
- To fix this, you can create a totally new mount point: "sudo mkdir /media/temp"
- Then try the mount command "sudo mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sda2 /media/temp"
- Then try "sudo touch file.txt /media/temp/"

That looks helpful but are any of those solutions to my problems? It's not a case of a forgotten password, or being removed from a group. Would the update failure one help? It's not like I got a bad update, but maybe it just does like a fresh install? apt upgrade sounds promising as hell. Not sure why I have to do all that mounting stuff first though.

Also, there seems to be some conflict about whether stuff gets mounted in /media or /mnt. I have everything going to media, so when they say mnt should I use mnt like they recommend or media like my Linux setup seems to do?

I also know where my root partition is, but it does feel like that changed. I really don't think it was ever nvme0n1p5, that just seems off to me for some reason.

I am going to try
sudo fdisk -l /dev/nvme

Because it still seems like I should have a swap file on the nvme drive somewhere, right? I have seen in other help guides people posting stuff and it didn't show a swapfile there either.

That looks helpful but are any of those solutions to my problems? It's not a case of a forgotten password, or being removed from a group. Would the update failure one help? It's not like I got a bad update, but maybe it just does like a fresh install? apt upgrade sounds promising as hell. Not sure why I have to do all that mounting stuff first though.

Also, there seems to be some conflict about whether stuff gets mounted in /media or /mnt. I have everything going to media, so when they say mnt should I use mnt like they recommend or media like my Linux setup seems to do?

I also know where my root partition is, but it does feel like that changed. I really don't think it was ever nvme0n1p5, that just seems off to me for some reason.

I am going to try
sudo fdisk -l /dev/nvme

Because it still seems like I should have a swap file on the nvme drive somewhere, right? I have seen in other help guides people posting stuff and it didn't show a swapfile there either.
You're not going to have a swap partition, or your sda2 partition. Both are failing due to missing dependency. Refer to the image you posted of the boot failures. Both partitions fail.

On another note, don't rush through this. You could cause data loss by "jumping the gun". With as frequent as your posts are becoming, I'm getting the feeling you aren't taking the time to read and interpret the information. It's okay to ask questions. I just want to be sure you aren't getting hasty and punching in irrelevant or potentially catastrophic commands.

Yes, your filesystem can, and likely will be, different from the examples. Only you know your filesystem. Please take time to research the related links and understand them before running anything else. Please also search for the dependency issue that I previously pointed out. If you did, you should have already landed on the link that was provided to you. Or, landed on something close.

Please do your research. Please don't rush. No need to lose your data forever.

After doing your research, please link the guides for us that you found. Either you did the steps or weren't sure about it. But, having the guide will help us help you. And, continue to include any relevant pictures.

I have an EFI partition, 3 windows partitions (lol) and one linux filesystem.

I have tried adding a swapfile before but no luck. Does it have to be from unpartitioned space or can I shrink my linux partition and do it that way?

EDIT: ok

Back