I get placed into SILVER 1v1? SILVER?! (starcraft 2)

lobski2

Gawd
At the beginning, I didn't play 1v1. Nor did I care for it. In my 5 placement matches, I thought I'd just dick around and try workers rushes. Needless to say, I lost most, and I got placed into bronze.

Few weeks later, I thought I'd take it more seriously. I played and prevailed:

1v1.jpg

This picture is a bit old, but what you CANNOT see from the picture:

I had one more win after this, making it a 10-streak win.

Many of these players were high ranked plat and gold.

I did lose on what would've been my 11th streak. But after I this, I beat two more. They were BOTH diamonds at rank 92 and at rank 29.

I got promoted after my 13th, but it placed me in silver. I was expecting at LEAST a gold, any idea why I got silver instead of gold? Am I being too greedy? :confused:

After I got past my noobness and learned how the game works, I lost interest in the strategies involved when getting high in levels. I would run worker or reaper rushes and be done by five minutes with some decent micros... but after you get to that point it gets very boring. IMO a real match should last at least 15 minutes with both parties going balls out, but that doesn't happen the SC2. Still a great game, but how rushes are setup is what turns it off for me.

The system gets more accurate the more you play. So in the end you'll end up in the right place even if you just throw some games and go on big streaks at other times.

I was copper when I first started and now I'm 1200points diamond.

Division ranking and league doesn't really matter. Keep playing and you'll get into Diamond.

I was originally placed in Bronze and just recently made it into Platinum. I only play about 1-2 games per day so I'll likely make it to Diamond in a couple of weeks. It's been fun to make my way through the ladders. Even though it's fairly meaningless, getting to first in your division and then being promoted to a new league is quite exciting.

dont complain, after playing MP SC2 my placement screen said, dont even bother trying again.

It isnt always right. I am 1v1 plat, 2v2 plat (rank 7), 3v3 diamond and the system put me in 4v4 bronze..lol. It was because I kept getting bad teammates.

After rolling a ton of people I get into silver. I move up to rank 8 in silver. i am at rank 8 in silver for awhile. It finally promotes me to gold at rank 10! usually you get promoted and you get put into a high rank division and have to move up but since I was clearly not where I belong, it put me high rank in gold.

Play more and the system will work itself out. just be happy you can get some wins ! The hidden ranking is what picks who you are going to play. Just because you are in silver, doesnt mean you wont play diamond people.

Back