I get free electricity...

Tengis

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm thinking about building a couple rigs and running them. Any recommendations on the best return? What could I realistically expect to mine/make from a system running with no electricity bill? I've done a bit of research but a friend of mine is saying graphics card mining is meh right now 🤷‍♂️

I'm thinking about building a couple rigs and running them. Any recommendations on the best return? What could I realistically expect to mine/make from a system running with no electricity bill? I've done a bit of research but a friend of mine is saying graphics card mining is meh right now 🤷‍♂️
It's "meh" because of the cost of electricity.

It's "meh" because of the cost of electricity.

In theory it looks like they would pay themselves off in a year'ish. I've looked at a couple charts but I don't know if the cost breakdown is still accurate.

Free electric is free electric. Whether you mine and cash out monthly or mine to hold crypto, you cant lose. If you are going to gpu mine, get the most vram you can afford as it will stay relevant the longest. I'd say get whatever system you actually want, and mine on it whenever you aren't using it to start. If you have the capital to do a few high end rigs, go for it.

Reactions: Parja
like this
I suggest giving this thread a read: https://hardforum.com/threads/how-profitable-is-mining-really.1994303/

Generally speaking, if you mine and sell you'll make back the cost of equipment in 1+2+ years, if ever. If you mine and hodl, your risk goes up but you'll be well rewarded if it moons.

To me, if you're buying hardware just to mine, unless you have an iron clad roi under 3 months or so, I'd suggest just buying the crypto instead.

Otherwise, mine with whatever you've got...

Back