I forgot what Windows CD goes to what system - does it matter?

Murkon

Limp Gawd
Ok here's the situation.

Right now I have a desktop system and a laptop. Both are running OEM copies of XP Professional.

Problem is that I'm selling my laptop and I forgot what XP CD goes to what system.

Does it matter? If so, how can I figure out what CD goes to what system?

All information/advice is appreciated, thanks!

no it doesnt matter which goes where. just make sure you give him the right CD-Key!!!

As long as they're proper OEM CD's you won't have a problem however, some manufacturers, such as Dell, have been known to put out OEM CDs that look for something to identify the machine as the correct machine (a BIOS string, probably).

Originally posted by ameoba
As long as they're proper OEM CD's you won't have a problem however, some manufacturers, such as Dell, have been known to put out OEM CDs that look for something to identify the machine as the correct machine (a BIOS string, probably).
i have a dell oem winxp cd and it worked fine on my friends computer, it was never activated there but the "evaluation" time or whatever worked without a problem

If you know which CD Key's are associated with each CD you can lookup the CD Key of Windows installed on a computer with

Key Finder

Good Luck.

Back