I folding with a 5930k and a 2080ti as a space heater this morning and um

Wade88

[H]ard|Gawd
Not overclocked the CPU temp is flitting between 88 and 89C. I'm using a 360mm radiator and a d5 pump, ek waterblock, change the water and biocide out every year. good flow and no dust in the radiator. No overclock. Do you reckon I should re-paste? The last time I pasted it was in May 2019 with thermal grizzly kryonaut.
Fan speeds are blank for some headers because for cleanliness of wiring I use a silverstone 1 to 8 adapter to run the case fans.

Attachments

• spicymeatball.png
    spicymeatball.png
    627.2 KB · Views: 0
There is no reason for those temps at stock clocks. I ran my 5820k @ 4.5Ghz for years with a 240mm AIO (Corsair H100i GTX) and temps never got that hot until a pinhole leak caused most of the coolant to evaporate. When I turned my 5820k system into my backup computer, I downgraded to a CoolerMaster 212 Evo (with 2 high CFM fans in push-pull) because I didn't want to deal with water cooling for a secondary/backup rig. Now I get temps in the high 80's at full load also, but that is with the CPU still overclocked and with a much smaller air cooler. I do use aggressive fan profiles, but still, at stock clocks a 360mm radiator should be borderline overkill.

I've never had a system where changing the paste made more than a trivial difference. Even a bad paste job should not be causing your CPU to overheat like that at stock clocks.

When you feel the radiator, how hot is it?

Barely lukewarm to the touch. It exhausts through the radiator in push/pull, intakes from the bottom and back, slotted pcie slot covers plus the holes below the pcie slots on a 800D.

for your gpu to be 55c something is wrong with your flow rate or your room/water temp is high. my 2080ti ran around 40-45c pulling way more power then 237w

You could try to clean your waterblocks out if you have had them installed for over a year. Make sure you have adequate pump speed also. It could also be that folding@home is using an instruction set that really heats up your cpu; i remember running p95 on a stock 4770k and it running in the upper 90s.

Back