I finished the 9800XT GPU voltmod but..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your logic is idiotic.

You said it looks like nothing was done do it. You think they hook up volt meters to every card and test them?

The fact is, you broke it, you deal with it. People like you, make it harder on honest people. Go on and blab some more about how the fault lies with ATi, and not with you. Say it as many times as you need to, in order to believe it. The fact is, its your fault. I wont be returning to this thread to see any more drivel.

Originally posted by fallguy
Your logic is idiotic.

You said it looks like nothing was done do it. You think they hook up volt meters to every card and test them?

The fact is, you broke it, you deal with it. People like you, make it harder on honest people. Go on and blab some more about how the fault lies with ATi, and not with you. Say it as many times as you need to, in order to believe it. The fact is, its your fault. I wont be returning to this thread to see any more drivel.

Well I'm not sure what you've been reading but I NEVER said that I believe what I'm doing is right.....and I fully realise that it IS my fault.....but again, I'll do what I please with my $700 card and that's that. Stop trying to make it sound like I'm saying that I did nothing wrong, 'cus I've been saying the exact OPPOSITE since the beginning of this thread.

Don't come back, whatever......with replies like that I won't be missing you one bit.

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
Well I'm not sure what you've been reading but I NEVER said that I believe what I'm doing is right.....and I fully realise that it IS my fault.....but again, I'll do what I please with my $700 card and that's that. Stop trying to make it sound like I'm saying that I did nothing wrong, 'cus I've been saying the exact OPPOSITE since the beginning of this thread.

Don't come back, whatever......with replies like that I won't be missing you one bit.

I'm not going to try to make you realize the error of your ways, but please at least admit that you KNOW you are committing fraud and should not have RMA'd.

Don't blame ATi if they can't afford to have some chump spend 8 hours performing an autopsy on your card. They don't catch a lot of fraudulent submissions simply because in the end it's more cost effective to just replace the damn card rather than spend the manpower on investigation work.

As far as "stop trying to make it sound like I'm saying that I did nothing wrong", you did quite clearly try to point the finger at ATi for not screening their RMA's better.

This is exactly why I'm waiting to voltmod my 9800. I don't care to make the expense to replace my card right now, so I'll do it in the summer when I have a lot more disposable cash to work with.

I'm not gonna lecture... don't really see any point in it anymore. People don't seem care to do what's right :| I'm just going to hope that you really do have some redeeming qualities in your life that make up for being an RMA asshole :eek:

At least have the decency to lose a nights sleep over this :mad:

Well thank you for not preaching but no I will not lose any sleep over this, not in the least. I have already said that I DO admit to what I am doing, but believe me (even though those of you who don't know me probly won't) when I say that I'm not generally a dishonest person.

I do admit that I did kind of put the blame on ATI back there but really.....think about what I said. I don't expect everyone to accept and agree with what I'm saying, but it IS the truth, some of this COULD be prevented on their end. As long as I'm not lying to myself and saying that THEY're the only ones to blame I don't really see myself as a bad person just for trying this out. I mean, it's not like I make a habit out of buying shit, screwing it over, and then RMA'ing it.....this is the first time. When I fucked up my MSI Ti4200 I "dealt with it" myself and just moved on. As a result I was stuck with my old 8MB Matrox G100 for a couple weeks until I got a new card. I know full well what it's like to go through this process the "right" and "honest" way.....but I'm making an exception here, and that's my call.....and none of your concern.

:) to those of you who AREN'T slamming me over this..........and :rolleyes: ;) to those of you who are.

I'll make it a point to get my new cards overclocks posted up as soon as/if it gets here, I'm hoping for something nice.....seeing as mine was a pretty early card out on the market.

I'll talk to you all later, I'm off to ship out the XT along with my mobo that I'm selling off.....and get the Lexan put on my side panel so that the Lian-Li can finally be called "finished". Hopefully I can get some picks of the whole thing up and running with the new mobo and finished window in a week or two. :cool:

I have to say that it's pretty shitty of you to put your mistake off on ATI. If you weren't prepared to "eat it", you shouldn't have attempted the mod. You started this thread so we all have a right to respond to it now. Why you attempted this mod is beyond me when you clearly had no idea what you were doing. You even gave people shit in this thread that were trying to help you BEFORE you fucked the card up. It leads me to believe that you said "What the Hell, if I ruin it, I'll just try to RMA it."

This mentality really irks me to no end, and I hope ATI techs find their way to this thread. To fuck over a company and post about it like you have the right to do it because "You paid $700 for it" is pathetic. Really. You were an idiot for paying $700 for the card and a bigger idiot for fucking up a perfectly good 9800XT.

And Fallguy is right, you make it hard for others to get legitmate RMA's through and people like you drive the cost of components up across the board. I used to have to deal with this kind fraud in a former business and I had to tell people like you that I knew exactly what they were trying to do.

Pretty weak bro. I would have never given you grief if you didn't carry yourself in such a cocky, arrogant manner about what you're doing.

I was waiting for SOMEONE to bring it up but.......what are you trying to prove or do by being so outright rude and offensive??? Say what you want but what's done is done.....and nothing you say is going to change my mind. I already said, if they don't RMA it then fine.....whatever, if ATI is actually doing their job then it WON'T get "approved" and replaced, it's as simple as that. However, there are QUITE a few people that DO get new cards sent to 'em after doing voltmods and such so how is it suddenly my fault if ATI isn't doing their job in their own RMA department???

If you ask me, they're costing THEY're the ones costing the company money. I'm paying to ship it to them and if it doesn't go over then fine.....but if it does then there's no reason I should be blamed for their negligence.

This is the dumbest shit I have ever herd. I wish the search wasn't down so I can find out how many times you told people not to RMA their stuff when they broke 'em(not 100% sure if you said it, just a hunch, too bad search is down).

You had that BS all ready to be said even before someone posted anything.

Originally posted by THE JEW (RaVeN)
Well, that sucks. Gonna try a volt mod on the 5200? :eek:

It is unethical, but at the cost of a 9800 XT I understand why he's trying. It doesn't make it right, but I can kinda see where he's coming from.

We pay 500 dollars for a card that cost ATI 48 dollars to make , replace ment costs are builit into the retail price.
PS you could even factor in R and D and it still aroun 200 , then add distribution costs, advertising, you at aroun 250 each. Still alot of headroom and finaly since the consumer , especialy the enthusiast are all fucking beta testers for these companies, they should gladly swap out the relatively few toasted cards that come along

Originally posted by jacuzz1
We pay 500 dollars for a card that cost ATI 48 dollars to make , replace ment costs are builit into the retail price.
PS you could even factor in R and D and it still aroun 200 , then add distribution costs, advertising, you at aroun 250 each. Still alot of headroom and finaly since the consumer , especialy the enthusiast are all fucking beta testers for these companies, they should gladly swap out the relatively few toasted cards that come along

Wow, it seems that one in every three or four people is being SOMEWHAT considerate.....or should I say, not acting like a complete ass.

I have to say that it's pretty shitty of you to put your mistake off on ATI. If you weren't prepared to "eat it", you shouldn't have attempted the mod. You started this thread so we all have a right to respond to it now. Why you attempted this mod is beyond me when you clearly had no idea what you were doing. You even gave people shit in this thread that were trying to help you BEFORE you fucked the card up. It leads me to believe that you said "What the Hell, if I ruin it, I'll just try to RMA it."

I have absolutely nothing to say to you. Slam me all you want but it means absolutely nothing in the end. A response like yours doesn't even deserve to be taken seriously, as you're constantly talking down to me, and insulting me.....definitely not the kinds of things that entice me to keep talking to you.

I can understand your concern but if you are to come in here and slam me to the floor over and over like that, you're nothing above what I (apparently) have become. You talk like you're better then me and you know what's right, but if you're not even decent enough to address something like this with consideration and actually THINKING about how you're effecting the other person you're no different or better then the person you're putting down.....myself in this case.

You're right, you DO have a right to post in this thread, but you DON'T have the right to be taken seriously with talk like that.

This is the dumbest shit I have ever herd. I wish the search wasn't down so I can find out how many times you told people not to RMA their stuff when they broke 'em(not 100% sure if you said it, just a hunch, too bad search is down).

Well I don't really have a whole lot to say about this. I obviously have no way of backing up my previous statements now that I have chosen this route with the XT.....but again, it's just the way things played out. You might say that things tend to look a little different when you're actually IN the position yourself. Take that with as little or as much seriousness as you'd like but it's the truth, I never actually PLANNED to rma the card beforehand or came at things from that point of view, but your decisions are easily altered when it's YOUR card or YOUR motherboard.

Keep posting whatever the hell some of you people want to post.....I really couldn't care less. Again, ever negative comment you make towards me just takes you one step down on the "credibility ladder".....it's hard to listen to what someone is saying if they're doing nothing but insulting you instead of really addressing anything with any amount of consideration.

Corny.. man sorry for the card.. damn!

Note to self: Voltmod is not made for YOU DAMMIT!

you know what..

if he told ATI what he had done to the card... and they choose to RMA it for them..

awesome, i am happy for him..

if not, that sucks for Cornelious.

end of story.

Your hunch is right. Plenty of times he told ppl not to rma their shit for their wrong doings.

I know what you're all thinking right now and going back on things that I have said in the past (over and over) like that is something that makes me feel a hell of a lot worse then actually RMA'ing the card.....as stupid as that might sound.

I don't know how much some of you are going to believe me but I'll say it again, I wasn't bullshitting any of the stuff I had said previous to this, I meant it full out. This was not a "show" that was put on for any reason, or just one big long lie.....but a horrible hypocritical act that I know I can't make up for. After being present on these forums for just a year now I have made quite a few friends, aquaintences, and even a few enemies, but I would hope that those people that HAVE taken time to listen to me in the past would hear what I have to say.

All I can really tell any of you is that I AM sorry for the hypocritical nature of what is going on, I know this wouldn't be NEARLY as big if I hadn't held up the other end of the arguement for so long. I understand now that it IS impossible for me to say from here on in that it's wrong to RMA anything (for whatever reason) but again, I just hope that the people that have kind of..."stuck with me" over the past year would really understand what I'm saying when I tell you/them that I am sorry. If I could go back and change things, knowing how this would make me feel I would have never attempted the mod, but now it's too late.....and I've gotta fess up to my actions.

I do plan on sticking around here for quite some time but I guess we all have to go through our dark times.....it's just not quite what I expected. Once more, I apologize for sounding like I've been lying to any of you.....and I hope this can begin to come to rest, or at least ease a little bit of the tension.

I look forward to seeing all of you around the forums from here on in, 'cus I ain't leavin'. You might say I've kind of grown accustomed to the people around here.....and I'm not about to give that up. :cool:

You obviously have below zero understanding of the overhead in this industry.

For those of us without money and jobs I'd like to say... fuck you all for buying >500 dollar cards.

And dont give me that shit about hard earned money or anything of the sorts. Save for your kid's tuition or if you're a wanker who doesn't give a fuck about his kids... shoot yourself, or save for retirement... either one would be fine.

That is all.

~Adam

[/angst]

Originally posted by CleanSlate
For those of us without money and jobs I'd like to say... fuck you all for buying >500 dollar cards.

And dont give me that shit about hard earned money or anything of the sorts. Save for your kid's tuition or if you're a wanker who doesn't give a fuck about his kids... shoot yourself, or save for retirement... either one would be fine.

That is all.

~Adam

[/angst]

I'm very sorry for the caps lock here but.....WHAT IN GODS NAME WAS THAT FOR?!?!?!?

I'm trying to calm this down by humbling myself and honestly apologizing for my previous comments and actions and you come forward with somthing (fairly) unrelated and HIGHLY negative comment like this? What gives? I mean, nobody even "egged" that on.....it's like it just came out of nowhere. Different people ARE in different situations, and reading what you just said really offended me.....and probably others.

I don't wanna re-start any huge debates in this thread again but I just don't understand why you're coming forth with a comment like that. I'd hope you're not just being "angry" for the sake of keeping the debates/arguements going.

I'm not going to assume anything but I just don't get that post (or it's reasoning) at all. No harm meant but plz explain yourself.....I'd hope there's SOME kind of legitamit reason for "throwing" that in here abruptly like you did.

I know what you're all thinking right now and going back on things that I have said in the past (over and over) like that is something that makes me feel a hell of a lot worse then actually RMA'ing the card.....as stupid as that might sound.

I don't know how much some of you are going to believe me but I'll say it again, I wasn't bullshitting any of the stuff I had said previous to this, I meant it full out. This was not a "show" that was put on for any reason, or just one big long lie.....but a horrible hypocritical act that I know I can't make up for. After being present on these forums for just a year now I have made quite a few friends, aquaintences, and even a few enemies, but I would hope that those people that HAVE taken time to listen to me in the past would hear what I have to say.

All I can really tell any of you is that I AM sorry for the hypocritical nature of what is going on, I know this wouldn't be NEARLY as big if I hadn't held up the other end of the arguement for so long. I understand now that it IS impossible for me to say from here on in that it's wrong to RMA anything (for wh\atever reason) but again, I just hope that the people that have kind of..."stuck with me" over the past year would really understand what I'm saying when I tell you/them that I am sorry. If I could go back and change things, knowing how this would make me feel I would have never attempted the mod, but now it's too late.....and I've gotta fess up to my actions.

I do plan on sticking around here for quite some time but I guess we all have to go through our dark times.....it's just not quite what I expected. Once more, I apologize for sounding like I've been lying to any of you.....and I hope this can begin to come to rest, or at least ease a little bit of the tension.

I look forward to seeing all of you around the forums from here on in, 'cus I ain't leavin'. You might say I've kind of grown accustomed to the people around here.....and I'm not about to give that up. :cool:

I think this is a first time ever that I have seen on any forum where someone lets go, forgives, and forgets....heh.

It all comes down to ethics, bro.
When you get to college(maybe your already in) take an ethics class...Pretty interesting stuff. I will be taking one within the next year. ;)

Originally posted by evilchris
You obviously have below zero understanding of the overhead in this industry.

I was in manufacturing for 10 years and yes these are estimates. I am currently in wireless communications and have intimate knowledge of manufactureing costs in the cell phone industry. Cell phones are very complex devices. The more expensive phones cost the manufacter 50 dollars to make and are sold to me for 275. I have a pretty good undetrstanding of overhead since in I am old enoujght to have spent 10 years in manufacturing , 5 years in mehcanicle engineering and 17 years in retail so pound sand .You were in diapers when i made my first milllion

PS: My spelling always gets bad when I am on a rant and I am not going to change it .........

Originally posted by CleanSlate

That is all.

~Adam

[/angst]

Best post on this thread.................

PS: My kid's colledge is already paid and i will never retire since retiring is the same thing as shooting yourself in the head.

Someone had to bring back the insanity.

No.....no they didn't. You should have the decency to see that if someone is truely sorry and they're trying to bring an end to the thread that you should NOT just jump in there and mix it up again. That last post of yours (honestly) has to be the most inconsiderate thing I've ever seen on these forums, and was done purely for the sake of making trouble. I understand that I did something wrong but what you just did was pretty low.....and it's stuff like THAT I hate seeing around here.

I really hope that this DOES get locked fairly soon, before you manage to piss off a whole new set of people to the point of starting another fight on here.

EDIT: Just PM'ed fugu about the lock, hopefully it won't be long.

You were in diapers when i made my first milllion

ROFL, and I'm Bill Gates. Dude, you aren't a millionaire, sorry. Your intelligence shines through in your posts.

ROFL, and I'm Bill Gates. Dude, you aren't a millionaire, sorry. Your intelligence shines through in your posts.

Please dudes, whether or not this thread is going to get locked.....is it to much to ask for me to please urge you not to get peeved at each other and use my thread to argue???

I realise that THIS doesn't really have anything to do with me, but I'm kind of "supplying the battleground" so I still feel responsible. :(

Predictable

Please dudes, whether or not this thread is going to get locked.....is it to much to ask for me to please urge you not to get peeved at each other and use my thread to argue???

I realise that THIS doesn't really have anything to do with me, but I'm kind of "supplying the battleground" so I still feel responsible. :(

No problem bro, Your not perfect and niether am I. You need to do whats best for you and I applaud your maturity on admiting hipocracy. I feel I have witnessed your maturation process and I am proud of you lad.;)

Oh and Evil Chris ....lighten up or I will use one of my holding companies to buy your place of employment and have you fired..........assuming your employed :p

I feel I have witnessed your maturation process and I am proud of you lad.;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH!!

Get over yourself fool. Aren't you late for 7-11? I want a fucking slurpee so get to work.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH!!

Get over yourself fool. Aren't you late for 7-11? I want a fucking slurpee so get to work.

Ah the intellectualy challenged are so easy to goat.

No.....no they didn't. You should have the decency to see that if someone is truely sorry and they're trying to bring an end to the thread that you should NOT just jump in there and mix it up again. That last post of yours (honestly) has to be the most inconsiderate thing I've ever seen on these forums, and was done purely for the sake of making trouble. I understand that I did something wrong but what you just did was pretty low.....and it's stuff like THAT I hate seeing around here.

I really hope that this DOES get locked fairly soon, before you manage to piss off a whole new set of people to the point of starting another fight on here.

EDIT: Just PM'ed fugu about the lock, hopefully it won't be long.
I only see one person pissed and its you, nobody else. I truly don’t have a problem with somebody rmaing something even though it was their own fault, I don’t like hypocrisy though, and you my friend have a lot of it, its funny how you explain that now that you have the problem its different, its shows you that in life its easier to talk the talk than to walk the walk.

Next time when giving your opinion on something put yourself in those shoes and then give your honest opinion, so that you don’t loose you legitimacy.

I myself wouldn’t do the volt mod, but if I did I would try to rma it too...

There are many types of hypocrites and in this board and in this world there are too many.

I find it hilarious how it’s unethical to damage something and then try to rma it, but its now unethical to take a 9500 and softmod it to 9700, or buy a Barton 2500 and o/c it to hell and back. If at the end this is a game of money, and we know that the 9500 thing cost ati a pretty penny, I mean heck they designed a new part to replace it, surely that ate sales of 9700 cards. Yet it wasn’t unethical or it wasn’t ruining the market, seriously ati had to somehow make that money back.

How about those Bartons? I sometimes wonder why amd fans wonder why the company it’s not doing well economically. Hmmm let see, ohhh wait I know everybody bought 2500 parts @ 90 dollars instead of buying the high-end parts @ 285, no wonder amd isn’t or wasn’t doing that great.

I mean don’t get me wrong if a company whichever company doesn’t look for their own eggs, I certainly wont. But the hypocrites, they just suck, they live their own fantasy life, and what is worst they believe it.

I really hope that they rma it, I doubt it though, since they more than probably have the know how etc, after all the people in that department do that for a living, but if they don’t detect it, and they replace it, Enjoy it.

regards
tlr

Look at his rig:eek: :eek: :eek: Its the rig of a millionaire:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back