I finally ordered a RTX 4080 Founders card from Nvidia.

Airbrushkid

2[H]4U
Ever since the launch of the RTX 4090 I tried to get one. No one ever had one in stock. I got tired of Nvidia and their crap. But I am still a fan boy. I saw used 4090's and did not trust people when it comes anything over $1000.00. So I finally decided to get a RTX 4080. And the partners price for very little over clock where way to high. So I Founders RTX 4080 is what I decided on. Runs cooler and I know I can overclock it. And power is not bad. I am happy. And really old and was afraid I would die before I could get a 4090.

No it is for real. Been running w7 for about 8 to 9 years now. I watch a video days ago, where it was said the w7 share on market is 18%. Right now I Got a new CPU, Memory, SSD, Motherboard and now a Video card coming. Still got to get a new case, Power supply and hard drives. Plus a AIO water cooler for CPU.

No it is for real. Been running w7 for about 8 to 9 years now. I watch a video days ago, where it was said the w7 share on market is 18%. Right now I Got a new CPU, Memory, SSD, Motherboard and now a Video card coming. Still got to get a new case, Power supply and hard drives. Plus a AIO water cooler for CPU.
I thought there weren't 4xxx drivers for windows 7 anyway? Windows 7 marketshare is far below 18 percent by the way. Upgrade to win10 or 11, it's free and will unchain your new rig, as well as being much more secure.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5201 Yep, no drivers for Win7.

Last edited:
Enjoy :) Should be one hell of an upgrade!

My mistake. I didn't say I was using W7 on new rig. I'm going to try W11 Pro. And I'll see how it go's. I HATE microsoft. All they do is FK with you and try to make money of your private info!! The old pc I am going to try W10 Pro. I never s witch because microsoft said my hardware back then was not compatible.

I was in the same boat. Wanted a 4090 but didn’t want to grovel like a little bitch to NVIDIA’s idiotic supply drip feeding. I got a 4080 and it’s been fine for everything I throw at it in 4K. Paying extra for 4090 is FOMO unless you really need that extra ram for something serious IMO

I was in the same boat. Wanted a 4090 but didn’t want to grovel like a little bitch to NVIDIA’s idiotic supply drip feeding. I got a 4080 and it’s been fine for everything I throw at it in 4K. Paying extra for 4090 is FOMO unless you really need that extra ram for something serious IMO
The 4090 is actually better "value" than the 4080. I'd say you fell into the FOMO trap by getting the 4080.

The 4090 is actually better "value" than the 4080. I'd say you fell into the FOMO trap by getting the 4080.
I “value” my time more than clicking refresh on Best Buy all day or paying for pricing bots. I would have liked a 4090 but it feels like the same shitty buying experience as paying adjusted dealer markup on a new vehicle.

That was not my point. That was your assumption.

My mistake. I didn't say I was using W7 on new rig. I'm going to try W11 Pro. And I'll see how it go's. I HATE microsoft. All they do is FK with you and try to make money of your private info!! The old pc I am going to try W10 Pro. I never s witch because microsoft said my hardware back then was not compatible.

With an RTX 4080? That was his point.

Eh... Microsoft ended Windows 7 security updates on 1/14/2020. HUGE security risk.
Googling says you can activate Windows 11 with a Windows 7 key.

I am still running W7 and have been for 9 years. Risk nope. Never had a problem yet!!! And NO I will not put W11 on this computer!!! Go on little sheep. Funny part you never read my posts.

Eh... Microsoft ended Windows 7 security updates on 1/14/2020. HUGE security risk.
Googling says you can activate Windows 11 with a Windows 7 key.

I am still running W7 and have been for 9 years. Risk nope. Never had a problem yet!!! And NO I will not put W11 on this computer!!! Go on little sheep. Funny part you never read my posts.
He is correct and was just trying to be helpful, no need for hysterics.

I did read the posts, but I should clarify.
You should migrate to W10 on your old/current PC.
Once the new rig is built use the key for W11 - Assuming you don't need / parting out the old PC.
Either way it sounds like W10 or W11 will be used soon so that's good.

Back