I finally figured out how to make a custom myspace profile!

laxmiddi44

Gawd
www.myspace.com/laxmiddi44

I have gotten a lot of emails of people who want me to make them profiles. Obviously im not gonna make 100 profiles for free, so here is the pricing:

-Use my layout with just different colors and text: $10
-Make a completely custom layout to exactly what you want:$40, depending also on what exactly you want

How to make a Custom Myspace:

IF YOU MESS UP YOUR MYSPACE ITS NOT MY FAULT AND IM NOT FIXING IT!
Digg This!

DO ALL THE FOLLOWING UNDER SAFE MODE!

Under About Me:
<style type="text/css">
body {
background-color: 333333;
}
table, td {
background-color: 333333;}
.main {
position: absolute;
left: 50%;
top: 130px;
width: 800px;
height: 1300px;
margin-left: -400px;
}
.orangetext15,redbtext,btext {
visibility: hidden;
}
..hider {
height: 60px;
overflow: hidden;
border: 0px;
</style>

Now this code is the color of your background and the width and height. I recommend when you make your layout in photoshop you make it 800x1300 like i did, that way it covers everything perfectly. The background color you can change right now it is set at 333333, but you can make it whatever you want.

Under I'd like to meet:

<div class="main">

<!-- anything you want goes here. Remember, Myspace does not allow image mapping,
so you are gonna have to splice up the entire thing! -->

<div id="hider">

Under Interests:
<style type="text/css">
td.text td.text table table table, td.text td.text table br, td.text td.text table .orangetext15, td.text td.text .redlink, td.text td.text span.btext {display:none;}
td.text td.text table {background-color:transparent;}
td.text td.text table td, td.text td.text table {height:0;padding:0;border:0;}
td.text td.text table table td {padding:3;}
td.text td.text table table br {display:inline;}
</style>

Under Music:

<style>td.text td.text td td a, .redlink, td.text td.text td b a {visibility:visible!important;}
td.text td.text td a {visibility:hidden;}</style><b style=position:absolute;left:0;top:0;font-family:verdana;font-size:8pt;></i><a href="">..</a></b>

u R s0 c00l d00d

i think youre in the wrong forum and probably the wrong website.

Actually, I think it's the perfect place :) Myspace has become more than just a "kiddies" gathering place. It's an effective marketing tool. Incidentally, I just added you to my AIM, hope you don't mind, as I would like to know more about how you generated the custom information.

Wow, a myspace that doesn't look like a$$. Way to go. Damn, I might actually have to get one of those now.

general said:
Wow, a myspace that doesn't look like a$$

Seriously, Myspace has become to 2000s what Geocities/Angelfire were to the 90s. Everyone and their mother has a page with a god awful background, some crappy music in the background, and as many animated icons as they can find.

wow - though i had different expectations, that thing came out pretty damn nice

BBowermaster said:
Everyone and their mother has a page with a god awful background, some crappy music in the background, and as many animated icons as they can find.

No kidding, those pages with a crapload of animated icons and movies tend to lock up my Safari window for like a solid minute. Not many people tend to keep it a simple page.

Suggestions towards good instructions on how to make simple clean custom pages would be wonderful. I'd even take suggestions as to what to do to my site.

Cowcaster88 said:
Suggestions towards good instructions on how to make simple clean custom pages would be wonderful. I'd even take suggestions as to what to do to my site.

Its easy if you know CSS. All you need to do is find out the style tags for the different div layers and then set the styles in the different sections. For instance, the top part that has the myspace logo is a div with an id of "tipDiv", so in one of your boxes, like about me, you'd put:
#tipDiv{

}
and redifine the styles between the brackets. Want to remove it all together? set height to 0px, then set #tipDiv img {height:0px }. Now that entire part should disappear. Don't know if there is a style to target flash ads, I have all ads on myspace blocked with Firefox, so I don't know what they use up there.

Weazmeister said:
Nice work, I need a bit of help on getting friends section working like yours though...
http://www.myspace.com/nvdistribution

EDIT: ie, get the Friends section in the left hand skyscraper box?
His friends section is self coded, not the standard friends section of myspace.

That's really cool, and I've never said that about anyone's myspace page. No shitty song! beautiful. If I have to hear one more godawful numetal song on a myspace page I'm gonna throw myself out a window.

So the code you gave was basically to set the background and whatnot? I think I'm going to teach myself CSS this summer...not hardly like it wouldn't come in handy.

Weazmeister said:
Actually, I think it's the perfect place :) Myspace has become more than just a "kiddies" gathering place. It's an effective marketing tool.
:wtf: ............

no it hasn't

It depends on what you're marketing and who you're marketing to...

Remember, the original intent of the site was for bands to promote themselves.

ameoba said:
It depends on what you're marketing and who you're marketing to...

Remember, the original intent of the site was for bands to promote themselves.

thats news to me, i thought it was a Networking site for PPL in general.

though NOW thats exactly what its become if u have a business or a Band etc.. perfect way to communicate/network.

jizzypop said:
:wtf: ............

no it hasn't

Just because that's your scope of view doesn't make it everyone's. There are tons of bands on there "marketing" their music to the masses. It's a marketing tool, if you know how to use it to your advantage.

Back