I down sized to RAIJINTEK STYX with Ryzen 1600

crazycrave

[H]ard|Gawd
I down sized my case as Newegg had a sale of $59 shipped for mATX RAIJINTEK STYX and Best Buy had the Corsair CX650M on sale for $59 to add to the build for power and heat sink is Deep Blue GAMMAXX 300R ..

case https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA66Z38G2791

Mother Board is MSI Gaming Pro 350B with Ryzen 5 1600 with G SKill Rip Jaw V Black 3200Mhz kit and drives are 256Mb INWIN SSD and 1TB Seagate Barracuda

Video card is Power Color Red Dragon RX 580 8Gb with driver 19.2.1 and using Watt Man I made a fan profile to tame those fans … MSI Command Center runs the cpu and case fans as to ramp as needed and has a cooler button to hit if you need the workload .

I only have 2 case fans as one upper intake and rear lower provided by Raijntek and Deep Blue pointing at rear fan . power supply = not running dvd drive I turn power supply fan that side as maybe half inch gap and every thing is up and running as it was a rip out and rebuild it as not having a dvd drive on a working system that had one before it did not like that shit .

So far I love this case as it's real Aluminum panel's and well built as I had plans to add 240mm cpu cooler but I am very pleased with air cooling it has provided those far in 72F room as temps look nice while in gaming load as I will upload a video with temps if anyone is interested in these type cases as the build was $700 and worth every penny.

It is in stock form as I am testing memory speeds as this is 3200Mhz http://www.3dmark.com/fs/18359211 in that case as Radeon Chill and Enhanced Sync with frame cap of 75fps help with keeping the RX 580 kind of your ears .

Last edited:
The 1600 seems to be at home in the case but the RX 580 is hard to tame as I see a 2nd intake fan will be needed or downclock it and volt it like a RX 570 is my thinking , but some gaming in the case

Last edited:
Bump...I had the blue version of this case and it was good. A little cramped, but I got everything inside.

I need to find a way to add 2 more fans as the Mobo only had 2 case fan hook ups if anyone has idea or would I need rgb controller?

Also I am having very good luck so far with the MSI bios Memory (Lets try it) at it's running 3466Mhz memory as the Rip Jaws posted at 1.4v with 16 -18-18-18 like it was made to run it .

Last edited:
After the review of Radeon VII here and the findings about DX 11 being faster I switched and it's running 3Gb textures as why the scaling is being played with as I don't want to drop below 60fps … 1600 is in stock form with DDR 4 @ 3333Mhz .

I have the ITX version of this case (Metis plus) and I really like it. The little window fits a bit better with the smaller form factor. Kind of wish they'd update the Styx with either a larger window or solid aluminum.

I have the ITX version of this case (Metis plus) and I really like it. The little window fits a bit better with the smaller form factor. Kind of wish they'd update the Styx with either a larger window or solid aluminum.

I want to build a small power package using my 2200g as I like to go camping and I have a 120v 1000 watt pure inverter on my Prius for extra stuff like microwave / coffee pot / house fans and Hotspot as Boost gives me 30Gb a month free .. if I want to game on the road but the dam ITX boards cost so much for the ITX version .

On the window I though about moving it to the in side of panel and maybe add spacers to set it off panel as extra vent opening of 1/4 inch .

Last edited:
Back