I don't understand the appeal of the XBox 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.

masona3

Limp Gawd
It's an XBox with better graphics.

I just don't understand why people are jumping on the bandwagon.

Is there something I'm missing? I've played several 360 versions of games that are also out on the XBox. Other than graphics, they feel the same. (Black, Fight Night Round III, King Kong, Call of Duty II, etc.)

I'm not flaming... I just don't understand. What do people like about the 360 OTHER than the graphics?

1. xbox live integration. all games have it in some form or another. be it the gamerscore (bragging rights), co-op play or head to head play, i can interact with my friends in the game easier than i ever could before. the box makes it SUPER easy to invite a friend to a game and chat with your friends when you're not playing.

2. xbox live arcade. the $5-20 games are awesome! there's a little something for everyone in there. geometry wars, marble blast, joust and others are really fun, quick games when you just need a little fix of gaming heroin.

3. it does everything. i wanna watch movies, its there. i wanna listen to music, its there. i wanna show friends some pictures i just took, its there.

4. GRAW, Fight Night Round 3, Dead or Alive 3 and PGR

5. My xbox-compatible VGA cable

6. my wireless controller

These are the reasons i love my Xbox 360.

I don't think call of duty 2 is on xbox (its a call of duty game, but not 2), and black isn't on the 360.

masona3 said:
What do people like about the 360 OTHER than the graphics?
Nothing. Hardware is for graphics. Software is for innovative gameplay.

Let's not forget all forms of media in your living room, streaming from a MCE 2005 PC, surround sound, original titles such as Halo 3 and DOA, and the ergonomic controller ;)

Whats the point of these stupid new video cards and processors? I mean who the heck wants higher framerates?!? I just don't understand the appeal.

I come from a PC gaming background.

I've hosted LAN parties for about 12 years - I had my first LAN party in 1994. I hosted a local community LAN party for mid missouri area for about 3 years -(quarterly) called the WCCF (wooldridge community club fragfest)

I love PC gaming

I tell you all that to tell you this

Xbox 360 games just work, no patching, no fanagling, no cracking/hacking/ - multiplayer is easy and more fun(think hotseat games/everybody on the same couch punching each other when they lose -etc.

I HATE fps's on the xbox and xbox 360, but arcade fighting games, and party games like fuzion frenzy, kung fu chaos and such are second to none on the consoles.

Archaea said:
Xbox 360 games just work, no patching, no fanagling, no cracking/hacking/ - multiplayer is easy and more fun(think hotseat games/everybody on the same couch punching each other when they lose -etc.

I HATE fps's on the xbox and xbox 360, but arcade fighting games, and party games like fuzion frenzy, kung fu chaos and such are second to none on the consoles.

Q
F
T

I was just bitching the other day that every PC game I have bought in the last year requires patches/troubleshooting/config changes to take care of out of the box issues that a myriad of people experience.

I'm with you, its pushing me away from PC gaming. I just bought Splinter Cell II tonight and plan to play I and III when I'm done and forget gaming on the ol rig for a while.

paranoia4422 said:
we might as well not buy ps3 then, cause god knows its gonna be just ps1 with better graphics :rolleyes:

get out your gameboys!!! and NES! and sega's! i mean since you dont need these new graphics.

PC / Console what ever - the games are ALL the same cause ALL games have been done to death - look @ all the FPS for PC - same crap - get a gun and kill ? OH zombies or police or something else!

Ok first off guys, lets try to seriously show our opinons without crapping the thread up.

Second of all I would like to add that this is the new generation. You are going to see great differences when the exclusives and next gen hardware fully gets into swing.

Remember this is WAY early in the round. Let the ps3 and Rev hit and then you'll really start to see why the 360 (and others) are worth it.

I also must agree the hardware is only a MEANS for the software to innovate, very great point.

Rich, honestly, I think this thread was crap since it's arrival....how many times has this issue been talked about/beat down/shot down/ killed, etc? It's getting old.

To the OP: research. No one's opinion can make YOU like something. Everything you need to know is EVERYWHERE around here, other sites, and everywhere on the 'net. I think now it's time to figure it out yourself.

Rich Tate said:
Q
F
T

I was just bitching the other day that every PC game I have bought in the last year requires patches/troubleshooting/config changes to take care of out of the box issues that a myriad of people experience.

I'm with you, its pushing me away from PC gaming. I just bought Splinter Cell II tonight and plan to play I and III when I'm done and forget gaming on the ol rig for a while.

Yup, this is why i'm really no longer playing PC games. The ease of just being able to pop in a disc and play is just amazing. No need to troubleshoot anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back