I don't suppose... (Razer BlackWidow Q)

Ronco

[H]ard|Gawd
... there's a way to get it with browns, is there?

Or asking the question another way, is there a brown with backlight from anyone?

From what I understand the X-Armor isn't very good quality. I know the Black Widow isn't.

the blackwidow is fine i dont know why so many people think its bad

Those of us who have used better quality mechanical keyboards think it's a piece of shit. The reason? Because it is. The keys do not feel right. This is due to the cheap key caps. They are simply terrible. They feel too soft compared to say a Filco or a Das Keyboard. The Black Widow is almost mushy for a Cherry MX Blue based board. I've got one and it doesn't compare favorably to my Das Keyboard Professional.

i have used high quality mechanical boards before and yes there far better, but theres nothing wrong with it in my opinion thats all. the blackwidow is good but something like a das or filco is amazing.

From what I understand the X-Armor isn't very good quality. I know the Black Widow isn't.

Yep, it's a bit lacking compared to a Das/Filco/Deck, but there very few that offer brown (for those that like it) and backlighting (actually I can't think of any other than x-armor).

If I remember right, they just rebrand some model that's made in Korea.

It's still quite a bit better than most gaming keyboards out there.

Never heard of XArmor. I'll have to find out who imports them here, thanks.

I have a few Filcos and I want something that's backlit.

Never heard of XArmor. I'll have to find out who imports them here, thanks.

I have a few Filcos and I want something that's backlit.

If you want a quality back lit keyboard, then I'd go with the Deck Frost / Ice Legend. They come with Cherry MX Clears which are slightly softer browns if I'm not mistaken. I'd rate the quality of Deck's construction and key caps higher than the Das Keyboard. I'm only using the Das Keyboard because I prefer Cherry MX Blues. But they show wear and tear a lot more than the Deck keyboards do. My Deck is 2 years old and looks practically brand new. There is a little wear on the space bar but that's it. My Das is a little over a year old I think and shows a glossy sheen on almost all the keys.

Those of us who have used better quality mechanical keyboards think it's a piece of shit. The reason? Because it is. The keys do not feel right. This is due to the cheap key caps. They are simply terrible. They feel too soft compared to say a Filco or a Das Keyboard. The Black Widow is almost mushy for a Cherry MX Blue based board. I've got one and it doesn't compare favorably to my Das Keyboard Professional.

I have a DAS Pro. Deck and the BWU. I am one of those who have used better and don't think it is a POS. The keycaps are not on par with the DAS I agree...But POS? Nah.

For a 110 dollar back lit mechanical keyboard, I think it is damn good.

My dream keyboard: Backlit Filco MX Brown tenkeyless. :D

I know, I know... keep dreaming.

Last edited:
If you want a quality back lit keyboard, then I'd go with the Deck Frost / Ice Legend. They come with Cherry MX Clears which are slightly softer browns if I'm not mistaken. I'd rate the quality of Deck's construction and key caps higher than the Das Keyboard. I'm only using the Das Keyboard because I prefer Cherry MX Blues. But they show wear and tear a lot more than the Deck keyboards do. My Deck is 2 years old and looks practically brand new. There is a little wear on the space bar but that's it. My Das is a little over a year old I think and shows a glossy sheen on almost all the keys.

MX Clears actually require a bit more actuation force than the browns.

To OP, I found something else to consider - Ducky DK9008 Shine.
Seems like OCN will have these for sale in August.

http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/1067887-ducky-shine-info.html

I may also bite since I prefer browns over clears.

Back