i didnt ddr3 was going to be out?

i found this picture somewhere. it felt like we were barely with ddr2 on fourth to ddr3?

ddr3_1.jpg

Now is DDR3 going to be 240 pin like the picture shows? If so, will it work in DDR2 boards?

DDR3 is going to be terrible when it comes out. Its gonna cost a lot and its plagued with poor performance. So who really cares. Is there something wrong with DDR2 we have now? Its freaking memory. It isnt a CPU heh.

Now is DDR3 going to be 240 pin like the picture shows? If so, will it work in DDR2 boards?

yes and no. it won't physically fit, key is in a different spot. even if you managed to get it to fit, it's not pin compatible anyway

heh, you know why they cost that much? nobody that i know of is mass producing ddr3 yet, so they're probably all production samples.. which obviously cost a lot more than normal chips.

i promise you the actual price of ddr3 will be much lower. much much lower. otherwise nobody will ever buy it

Yeah im sure. However, prices are always high upon initial releases. They are always "gouging" prices. This is why you never ever buy new stuff right after it was released.

Yeah, I'd expect them to drop dramatically sooner or later. I can't imagine paying that much for ram. I wonder if they're really that much faster.

Yeah, I'd expect them to drop dramatically sooner or later. I can't imagine paying that much for ram. I wonder if they're really that much faster.

There are some benchmarks over at XS forum. But no, id doubt it. Definitely not worth THAT price difference. Ill take slower DDR2 for $100 thank you. :)

it'll be the same thing as ddr2 when it first came out. thus why i said sometime in '08 ;)

Back