I desperately need help. I have no idea what's going on here...

I agree with the PSU quality. Way too many people choose a PSU based solely on the wattage rating and the price. The cheapest PSUs with the highest wattage ratings are just that - craptastic. The "800W" rating on that Apevia PSU is a peak rating, not a continuous rating. Realistically, it cannot handle more than about 300W to 350W in terms of continuous power handling - and then, it has little to no overload protection.

I don't have that. And i don't know why it would matter at this point. I mean if nothing works and i am getting no video signal and I've tried literally everything then a couple beeps isn't going to make it work.

Idk. I'm just frustrated.

If you don't have a PC speaker, you can usually use a power LED to make a visual speaker. You can count beeps (if any), and tell if they're long or short, but not distinguish the pitch. Power LEDs are often set up with single leads so it's easy to make work.

Reactions: Nobu
like this
If you don't have a PC speaker, you can usually use a power LED to make a visual speaker. You can count beeps (if any), and tell if they're long or short, but not distinguish the pitch. Power LEDs are often set up with single leads so it's easy to make work.
Problem is already solved. I think the old motherboard was just not updated to support the processor I was trying to use. New motherboard worked fine.

Problem is already solved. I think the old motherboard was just not updated to support the processor I was trying to use. New motherboard worked fine.

You should still get a better power supply.

Your placing your entire system at risk using what you have.

Nice job, [H] community with the troubleshooting assist. I was going to ask the OP his proximity to the Bermuda Triangle or a Native American burial ground. Probably not helpful but it looked like we were running out of options. Glad the issue was resolved.

Back