I can't take it ><

Zxcs

[H]ard|Gawd
Just watching my X2 sit there crunching WUs at stock speeds is killing me. If I go any longer without OCing it I'll start having nightmares. Will post back later with results. :D

have fun. you have all that power and are just folding, i would definatly encode/decode randome stuff just for kicks, not that i have anyhting against folding.

Yes, find something for that sucker to do.. I know, cut it in half and give me one core. I'll make use of it. :D

Zxcs - I hope you post that thing in my thread @ the multiprocessing forum, along with how you feel it compares (so far) to your Dual Opteron 250 system.

That should help us figure out if that SMP benchmark I've been dragging around this whole time is worth much anymore since the views at the source code behind it have produced nothing but huge frowns so far.

Anyways nice systems you have going there. Have fun this weekend :D

Tim_axe said:
Zxcs - I hope you post that thing in my thread @ the multiprocessing forum, along with how you feel it compares (so far) to your Dual Opteron 250 system.

That should help us figure out if that SMP benchmark I've been dragging around this whole time is worth much anymore since the views at the source code behind it have produced nothing but huge frowns so far.

Anyways nice systems you have going there. Have fun this weekend :D
hehe will do, hopefully I'll get some good results. I'll also run some stress tests to see how stable it is, which will hopefully show how stable s939 boards are compared to workstation-grade s940.

Well this sucks. I was doing a fresh winstall when I got a phone call from my co-location host, telling me that they were only accepting new computers untill wednesday, and after that it'd be two weeks before I could co-located my computer (they were moving premesis to a bigger datacenter).

Anyways, I didn't have time to OC at all (busy with RL things) and instead had to rebuild it into a case and package it ready for shipping. Sending it off in a few hours and I doubt I'll ever get a chance to OC it.

:(

just overclock in small steps, spread out over a large amount of time if you're really busy ;)

(cf)Eclipse said:
:(

just overclock in small steps, spread out over a large amount of time if you're really busy ;)
No way I can do it for a while, just shipped the system off for co-location as a gameserver, so I have no physical access to it.

Back