I can't take it anymore! Dlink WBR-2310 is crap!

acee

Gawd
As my title says, This wireless router is a piece of crap!! Why? It disconnects/FREEZES me almost 3-5 times a day and I have to restart both my broadband modem and this crap router until I can get it working. I dunno what i'm doing wrong I have looked up solutions to fix it but no luck. Such as having it up to date with its firmware. Closing off w/ Dynamic Speed. I also have called my ISP provider but they say my cable internet is fresh and delivering at max speed. So it leaves me to having this crap router thats causing this problem. I can't wait to get myself a new one especially a linksys as I never had this problem ever when I had one of those(which now is gone as I sold it). I would even spend more money to give me better results then this. So to all who was planning to get this router cuz its cheap $50-$70 range. DON'T its worthless >_<

Also anyone have suggestions on some good LINKSYS wireless routers that can support up to 4 comps+ without freezing and d/c me? I'm looking for one that is around $150-$250 range or more if its good.

Thanks

well after doing some more further research it seems DLINK WBR-2310 is REALLY a DI-624 rev D. How cheap can dlink get by just making a new shell but the stuff inside is the same as their previous crap routers. Anyways I just upgraded the firmware to the up to date DI 624 rev D and it did work.. and im hoping it will stay connected hopefully. Cuz i seriously dont want to constantly d/c over and over again. I have already d/c over 15 times in the past 1 hour and 30 mins.

:rolleyes: :mad:

Good to hear you figured it out but if it starts messing up again try to put a fan on it. I had mine disconnect on me a couple times a day until I gave it more breathing room.
It used to sit behind the couch w/ maybe 1/2 inch of space on each side :eek:

that sux for you, but glad you got it going.

I have had one of the routers (624) for a while and never had any issues. (was running version D)

Even had it maxed, port wise, with 3 computers and an xbox.

Maybe I just got a good one.

well my router is located at a very open wide space on top of my comp with nothing aroun d it.. after running it for a night and day.. There was a big difference in it between my previous firmware to the 624rev.D and it was that it made my internet very very slow to load stuff.. I can still load stuff but it wasnt the same as the previous firmware one where its almost instant. Well I changed back to a higher firmware 1.03 instead of 1.02 which i had problems with.. Now its kinda stable.. im planning to get another router though soon.. very soon -_-

Just posting to nod your problem. Same router, same issues, although no occurring as frequently as yours.

when i got that one mine was doa lol... Just get a D-Link DIR-655 they have the A2 with the blue LEDs now and if you want to get hanged up on call the tech support.

well i took the time to call the tech support as i have 1 year warrenty. Horrible experience with their customer service as i waited 15 mins to get a tech supporter. Than while talking he put me on hold for 3-5mins, while he was still there and on the line! Anyways he told me to fix it this way and I *think* it worked as i havent gotten any d/c or freezing for the past week with multiple comps on in the house.. heres the steps he told me to do

1. Reset the router by getting a pointy thing and push the reset button on the back of the router for 30 secs
2. connect to your dlink setup and go to ADVANCE TAB which is after SETUP and before TOOLS
3. Go to ADVANCED NETWORK on the left menu
4. Once there click OFF Enable UPNP and change the WAN PORT SPEED to 10mbps
5. After that save the settings and let the router restart it self

now i have my firmware updated to the latest one which is 1.03 dunno if that helped it... so that was the way it solved my problem... maybe this will work for other WBR-2310 users out there maybe not. Good Luck!

Back