i can't recover a windows 10 product key because literally nothing will open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master_shake_

Fully [H]
what the fuck do i do now?

i can't use any of the ways i have read about to recover it.

the computer loads in to windows and that's it.

i can't open services i can't run cmd prompt as an administrator what do you want from me windows 10?

any other suggestions?

have you tried creating a Windows install that you can boot and run off of a USB drive? https://www.techspot.com/article/1751-windows-to-go/

you may can get it by booting a linux live os and running sudo strings /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/MSDM | tail -1 in a terminal window

Depending on the type of license you have it may not even show your actual product key. If it is a digital license the product key it shows will be a generic one that is useless.

it's not even my computer.

i have no idea what the key was from or is from or even if it's legit.

you can pull the drive, connect it you your system and use magic jelly bean (pointed at the drive) to try and get the key.

edit: no safe mode either?

Can you get anything like RKill to run (as admin) to try to flush out anything running in the background long enough to run other programs?

why do you need the product key. If you are reinstalling Windows 10, the computer should activate with a digital license based on the hardware configuration from the OEM.

If this is a retail copy, well whoever's computer it is, should have that.

If they have a microsoft account, the records may be listed under their account.

I've never needed to retreive a license key for Windows 10 in order to reinstall it. Even if you have Windows 7 or 8, you can install Windows 10 and use the product key from Win 7 or 8 and it will activate just fine as well.

If you are trying to get the computer functional again, have you tried system restore? Hold down Shift when rebooting the computer, you'll get the list of troubleshooting options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back