I cant play games!

Thunder

Weaksauce
My card is a fairly new 9600XT. Playing battlefield 2, on medium settings has things disappearing and textures appearing on and off as well as this weirdness:

screen000.jpg

Any ideas?

Sounds like an overheating video card to me.

Tell use more about your computer please.

I think it has to do with the fact that he is using an old card to play a buggy game.

naaaaaaaaa my friend has a 9600 xt and he playes battlefield 2 at max settings just the lighting is in med mode its not a good reson maybe the driver try to put the 5.8

Yes, I would agree with the overheating issue. I had similar problems with my 5900XT that I would desperately overclock.

Sounds like a personal problem to me. Ha Ha Ha Ha! :p Seriously I don't know a whole lot but when my vid cards overheat they look all wonky like that too. Does your case have enough cooling?

Catalyst 5.8 fixes some missing textures/geometry problem with Battlefield 2, so make sure you have these latest drivers installed.

brent is right its a driver issue. use driver cleaner and install 5.8 and problem will be solved.

ok I did a format, installed the newest driver, and it plays fine (albeit looks like shit) on medium settings, I cant up anything without it getting very choppy. And I notice my screen the text gets bolder in some areas (two vertical sections on the monitor, always same spot.) never did that before.

The comptuer is a new Intel 3.0e, Asus P4P800 (also newer than card), 1 gig PC3200, stock settings (no OC). I do get times when PC wont boot and I get black screen and memory error bios beeps (video memory), its only on cold starts and not everytime, just waiting and keep trying to boot fixes it. If I where to RMA the 9600XT, and get a different card in the meantime (and when the 9600 gets back throw it in a folding only rig), What would you all suggest be the CHEAPEST graphics card to play this game on max settings. I LOVE the game and if it looked sweet id pay some more for a good graphics card (I dont game at all except this game, so not gonna get some [H]ardcore gfx card that I have to take a loan out on...) I hear Thanks

John

Thunder said:
ok I did a format, installed the newest driver, and it plays fine (albeit looks like shit) on medium settings, I cant up anything without it getting very choppy. And I notice my screen the text gets bolder in some areas (two vertical sections on the monitor, always same spot.) never did that before.

What would you all suggest be the CHEAPEST to play this game on max settings.

John

I'm not sure what you're asking.

You can't expect a 9600xt to do too well. You'd have to have a really nice system backing it up to really see it perform like you'd like it to.

Back