I can't get subwoofer to work with my pc/receiver

thenewrick

Limp Gawd
I've got GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L motherboard with optical audio out. I used optical cable and plugged it into my Pioneer 5.1-Channel A/V Receiver VSX-519V-K, I plugged my Polk Audio PSW10 Black 10-inch subwoofer into the receiver's presub out using a subwoofer cable, and a RCA to 3.5mm, neither worked. The woofer just hums as though nothing is happening. I also tried plugging in my 12 inch polk woofer with the subwoofer cable using its lfe unfiltered line in, and it also isn't working. Is my software to blame, or receiver? I hope I didn't somehow break the subwoofer out jack on my receiver but it seems so :( HELP!

in windows it doesnt recognise the sub with my optical out, and my receiver doesn't see my subs with any cable any how. Even when im doing manual speaker setup settings it wont give me a SW tone... I think my receivers busted, and brand new =/

Have you tried to run Radio on the receiver to see if the Sub works at all?

Did you check to make sure the subwoofer out is turned on? My old Pioneer receiver it wasn't on by default... I was annoyed until I found the setting.

Using optical out to my amp will not enable the sub at all, never has done. Maybe your optical source/destination doesn't support *.1?

Does your receiver have an on-screen setup? I think I had to go in and enable the sub for my Yamaha receiver. I use optical only and haven't had a problem with my sub.

When I go into the receivers speaker setup menu, and go to speaker configuration, when I scroll through speaker types and land on subwoofer, it says yes, I cannot manually even change it to no. I'm thinking of trying the method where i use stereo wire from receiver to my woofer, then from woofer to my fronts, but.. uhg why won't it work!

Well I used an alternate method. I went stereo wire from receiver front outs to subwoofer front in, sw front out to my speakers and it works. My main concern is proper 5.1 speaker/sound configuration when I upgrade to 5.1 by adding a center and 2 surrounds. Any ideas on how the 5.1 would work out with my method? I'm considering buying the RC-52 center from klipsch, and RB 61 front bookshelves for my fronts. Anyone have thoughts on these speakers, and setup? Thanks audiophiles!

With the way you have it setup you can still add the center and rears but I would look into a new receiver personally.

Back