I can't belive how much time I wasted over the past 15 years waiting for downloads

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
I went from 56K dial up

to 156k

now I get like 1.2 meg it's usally lower then that but hell that is a lot faster then I was doing.

Used to wait for videos to load or skip them altogether

now I'm downloading Dungeons and Dragons online never tired it before because of the file size and lack of interest It's going to take me 4 hours and I'm done.

I bet I wasted a good 6 months or more of my life just waiting for downloads to finish. I know BF3 once took me a entire week on 156k.

DDO is a great game, try Terra online when you get a chance the 2 best mmorpg I have played and enjoyed thus far, DDO and Terra by a long shot.

Yeah well, 6 months if you stare and watch the download progress bar, which would be stupid. Nothing prevents you from doing something else until the download finishes.

Oh man I remember after 4 excruciatingly long years of slowly working my dad in the late 90's early 2000's to go from 56k to AT&T@Home. I never really got used to 1.5Mbps (that was 10 years ago). I'd just sit there and watch all the downloads download and the buffers buffering. It was amazing lol.

Can't imagine 1.5Mbps now though with all the bandwidth sucking content. Enjoy it and grab all the internetz while you can lol. In another 10 years AT&T's ass might be able to serve you 3Mbps because ain't no cable company going to run a line through the boonies.

When I was forced to use satellite, I admired the possibility to set up your dish anywhere and have Internet and that your dish actually receives and sends. The traffic limit and 1000ms latency made sure, though, that I dumped it in a heartbeat once DSL became available. Although with 156k you're not likely to be the avid online gamer, anyway.

So try to get a reasonable provider with high or no traffic limits and an all-in-one solution - not those phone line upstream links - and satellite is actually pretty usable.

Set up a large local caching proxy so often-visited sites don't go through the uplink every time and you should be golden.

Back