I can't believe what I just found.

GP40X

Limp Gawd
Was doing a little spring cleaning today and I found two sealed unopened copies of Windows XP SP2b (one Home and one Professional). Looks like I have a couple of collectors items LOL.

If it makes you feel older I have some Windows ME, 98 SE and 96 along with office 95 somewhere around here

If it makes you feel older I have some Windows ME, 98 SE and 96 along with office 95 somewhere around here

I need to take photos of the 3.5" gray floppy collection I have for Win3.1 ...that would be a cool thread for GenMay.

Think I also still have the 5" floppies for Apache Gunship Simulator and the box for that.

Was doing a little spring cleaning today and I found two sealed unopened copies of Windows XP SP2b (one Home and one Professional).

I can walk outside and find a pile of dog poop in my yard, and I will have found something more useful.

...but maybe one day some fool will be willing to pay money for your XP copies and put them in a glass case somewhere for nostalgia sake. I'd like to hope nobody is interested in the dog poop in my yard for nostalgia sake.

i have, somewhere, an unopened copy of DOS 6.2 on floppy. Also, found an unopened 3Com Ethernet card from the early 90's..

Well I also have DOS 6.22 and Episode I of Doom shareware on 3.5 sitting in a plastic case on my software shelf and a copy of Windows 3.0 on 5 & a 1/4 floppies somewhere (wife may have thrown those away).

At work I have a few sealed copies of Win 3.11 and OS2 warp on my bookshelf. The win3.11 boxes come with mice. At some point I have to dispose of these..

Nice. I have a copy of Windows 3.11 upgrade, sealed. Also, an older SCO Unix manual that has MS copyright information, and logos. Apparently, they partnered up in the past...

I also have IBM DOS 5.00 in a box. Just sitting on the Win3.11 upgrade. Cool. :)

Also have Vista somewhere. That's pretty exciting, right? *crickets*

I bet you could get 100 bucks on it if it's unopened and has a key inside that's not visible without tearing the box.

Companies who want to stay legal and don't have MS Select probably look for this stuff when they deploy a new machine.

I have original Win95 and Win98SE CDs, along with my old Celeron 300A CPU and Abit BH6 mobo with 64Mb of SDRAM. I keep them around thinking one day I'll be overcome by a feeling of nostalgia for Quake, Interstate '76 and Redneck Rampage.

I actually have a win98se OEM CD somewhere. I almost feel like installing it on an old computer for nostalgia.

I actually have a win98se OEM CD somewhere. I almost feel like installing it on an old computer for nostalgia.

I tried that a while back. A lot of good memories, but I guess you forget the shit stuff (or you realize how great things have gotten). Plug and play wasn't that great, it's slow (even on somewhat modern hardware). NT based OS's (2000, XP, etc) really changed the game.

It was fun back then, but after playing with it, I was glad that things moved on. :D

I tried that a while back. A lot of good memories, but I guess you forget the shit stuff (or you realize how great things have gotten). Plug and play wasn't that great, it's slow (even on somewhat modern hardware). NT based OS's (2000, XP, etc) really changed the game.

It was fun back then, but after playing with it, I was glad that things moved on. :D

Yeah for sure. I remember spending hours just installing drivers. Worse was when people brought me their PCs and they did not have any driver discs. I could spend a full day or even more just trying to find drivers on the internet. Man, I don't miss those days. Heck, even USB sticks needed drivers lol.

And yeah plug and play was more plug and pray. :p

I wonder how well Win9x would run in a VM. Anyone tried it?

I still have diskettes for Windows NT 3.1 heh I also found a box of Lantastic diskettes along with the token ring terminators.

Last edited:
I have a opened but complete box of Windows 3.11 on 3.5" floppies in my basement. I think there's a copy of Windows 95 down there too somewhere.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice..

I also have DOS 5.0 wrapped in a box, with a 5.02 floppy somewhere too.

I have SCO Unix on ~40 floppies as well. I can remember installing it ages ago and like floppy # 32 is unreadable. :p

And yes, Descent was an awesome game. Pretty sure I still have the floppies, along with an early version of Netscape, After Dark (toaster screensaver) Doom1, 2, Star Wars chess and all sorts of other stuff I used back in the day.

Now get off my lawn! :)

Anyone living near Sunnyvale, California has probably been to Weird Stuff
http://www.weirdstuff.com/

They have all kinds of goofy legacy software, usually unopened. I live about 10 minutes from it, so I guess all the "I have old software wheee" posts don't really do much for me.

Back