I cannot abide this battery's lifespan - ordered the big one

RagingSamster

2[H]4U
I can rail against the abysmal battery life as much as I want and it will not make my phone stay on any longer than it's current <5 hours. I use my phone a lot. it is basically a pretty decent netbook replacement ( it plays video better than my netbook)

I ordered two Ebay Chinese 3500ma/h batteries from Hongkong. If I can make it through 1 wakeup-to-bedtime without having to tote a charging cable around with me I will celebrate jubilantly. spending $20.00 ($9.99 per battery w/free shipping) will be no big loss. If they do work, I will deal with the 1/4" extra width.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330470003017

BTW, its a rooted EVO running stock 2.2

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought the 2150 battery from htc for my incredible. 60 bucks but my first charge I got 32 hours. Averaging 36 hours now.

I hope you actually get batteries that have a rated capacity of 3500ma. I haven't heard great things from batteries off ebay from china.

I got an 1800 mAh battery for my Incredible. It's the biggest one that still fits without an extended door. I get just about a full day's use with it (24-28 hours) between charges. I picked up a couple of those 3500 batteries for emergency use (the forthcoming Zombie Apocalypse, for example).

I'm not sure what's available for the Evo, but I would definitely suggest rooting and using an undervolted kernel to help with battery life.

Back