I can get a RTX 3070 for MSRP (actual MSRP) should I ?

ng4ever

2[H]4U
A friend is selling me his RTX 3070 for actual MSRP. A little less of course sense it is used.

I currently have a RTX 2060 super and i7 7700k.

I am just not sure it is worth getting sense I only have a i7 7700k that is all.

Reactions: MrC4
like this
It may be bottlenecked some, but you could upgrade your core system components down the road. It's roughly 2080ti performance -- you will still see some nice FPS gains! :D

You can always upgrade cpu/Mobo /ram later... Or wait an indefinite amount of time for gpus to be in stock somewhere for a reasonable price.

In other words 'bird in the hand' and all that

The card you actually want this gen is the 3080 - the 3070 is a fair bit slower, but with the current supply situation you gotta take what you can get.

Are you a troll or just stupid? Or does MSRP stand for Miner's Suggested Raping Price in this case.

The card you actually want this gen is the 3080 - the 3070 is a fair bit slower, but with the current supply situation you gotta take what you can get.
Well, yeah, faster is better, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he could sell his 2060 for more than 3070 msrp. Then keep eyes open for a 3090 at msrp and sell the 3070 at near the same price.

good luck to you guys helping him troubleshoot the inevitable "problems"....

That exactly what I did.

$480 well spent!

Plus remember, it's not important how 'ancient' your CPU is.
You can always simply move the card to a new build when you decide to upgrade your CPU, motherboard and RAM (and probably PSU).
It will scale with the upgrade quite nicely up to 1440p.

Plus remember, it's not important how 'ancient' your CPU is.
You can always simply move the card to a new build when you decide to upgrade your CPU, motherboard and RAM (and probably PSU).
It will scale with the upgrade quite nicely up to 1440p.

Thankfully I already have a 1000 watt power supply. I know overkill but yeah.

How is this a thread?

I don't know, was wondering the same thing but with all the serious replies in here it's small wonder why GPU's are selling on ebay for the stupid high prices they still sell for :barefoot:

I don't know, was wondering the same thing but with all the serious replies in here it's small wonder why GPU's are selling on ebay for the stupid high prices they still sell for :barefoot:
I don't think that most Ebay buyers are reading these threads. :ROFLMAO:

Back