I bought the cheapest new graphics card on Amazon.com and overclocked the crap out of it

erek

[H]F Junkie
He was able to push this GT710 to almost double the performance of stock clocks!

"I decided to buy the cheapest graphics card on Amazon to see if it's any good. I then overclocked the living crap out of it."

Pretty cool video. Would have been cool to see him go all the way with it, but its still impressive that he got the results he did. It almost made the CS: Go benchmark playable, which is a feat considering how crap that card is. Also, I like this guy's delivery definitely going to have to watch more of his stuff.

Wow, GT710? that's pretty amazing. A number of months ago I upgraded to a RTX 2080, but before that I was running 3x GTX680 in 3-way SLI. A 680 is the same as a 770. I only did it because when I upgraded to a X99 motherboard + CPU, I did so at the height of the cryptocurrency boom, so prices were stupid inflated. I had already been running 2x GTX680 before that, so instead of buying an expensive new card, I simply bought a 3rd used 680 for cheap. It actually turned out to be a pretty good solution for a year or two, given that all of the games I actually cared about thankfully all supported at least 3-way SLI.

In many cases, "old" cards are still better than new "cheap" new cards, so I'm happy to see what a previous generation can still do.

Back