I Bought RTX 2070 Super and it got worse

VisoGuy

n00b
Hey everyone.
I've upgraded recently (yesterday) from GTX 1060 to RTX 2070 Super Advanced with a SPU 850W.
Since then im having trouble with the games i have, GTA V stutters and i get low fps as 30.
Some other games crash upon start or some times screen just freezes and the pc not responding to anything which make me need to reboot.
Same with Software i have like Adobe after effects - lightroom etc.. which runs slow and freezes.

I did over clocked my GPU after some of the problems acquired and im not sure if it got worse or better, but it still bad.

*Must say one benchmark test i did was super good couple hours latter did the same test and it was the lowest i could ever get like the GPU not even running.

This is my hardware:
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 super: Asus(1043 8728) ≥ 4GB
CLim: 2295 MHz, MLim: 3700 MHz, Ram: 8GB, Driver: 456.71

Samsung 750 EVO 250GB

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 C14 2x8GB:
2 of 4 slots used
16GB DIMM DDR4 clocked @ 2133 MHz

Intel Core i7-7700: LGA1151, 1 CPU, 4 cores, 8 threads
Base clock 3.6 GHz, turbo 4 GHz

PSU 850W (cant remember the company)

Does my CPU not enough ? Maybe do i have a bottleneck ?

im lost.

Try using DDU, it's possible the drivers got corrupted. Your CPU and PSU should be fine.

I would also check the RAM and CPU, sometimes adding a very small amount of voltage can improve stability.

Somethine else causing that for sure. As stated, DDU then reinstall the card. If this continues then it's something else going on entirely. Just reinstall your system from scratch before assuming anything else. You've got to rule out all software issues. After that then yeah, maybe it's a bad card.

Also, if you have a 7700 that's a bit of an older system. Make sure your BIOS is current on the motherboard it could affect compatibility with newer cards. Maybe do that first.

Is that PSU a multi-rail PSU? You need to split the power between the rails if so. Do not use one cable for the video card that has multiple PCIe connectors either.

Is that PSU a multi-rail PSU? You need to split the power between the rails if so. Do not use one cable for the video card that has multiple PCIe connectors either.
The PSU i use is Asus ROG-STRIX Modular 850W GOLD which i connected with 2 cables to the GPU.

Try using DDU, it's possible the drivers got corrupted. Your CPU and PSU should be fine.

I would also check the RAM and CPU, sometimes adding a very small amount of voltage can improve stability.
Somethine else causing that for sure. As stated, DDU then reinstall the card. If this continues then it's something else going on entirely. Just reinstall your system from scratch before assuming anything else. You've got to rule out all software issues. After that then yeah, maybe it's a bad card.

Also, if you have a 7700 that's a bit of an older system. Make sure your BIOS is current on the motherboard it could affect compatibility with newer cards. Maybe do that first.
I'll try what you both said about the DDU.

Btw, an un update, i cancelled my overclock profile and managed to play 2 different games on Ultra settings with out any crashing this time and they worked smooth.
I think the overclock had something to do with most of my issues, possible ? ( I did it as recommended from tutorials i found, which they suggested taking the core and the memory to the point there are visible glitches / crash on benchmark test and then take the scales a bit lower till it stay's stable )

(Sorry for any misspelling )

The PSU i use is Asus ROG-STRIX Modular 850W GOLD which i connected with 2 cables to the GPU.

Btw, an un update, i cancelled my overclock profile and managed to play 2 different games on Ultra settings with out any crashing this time and they worked smooth.
I think the overclock had something to do with most of my issues, possible ? ( I did it as recommended from tutorials i found, which they suggested taking the core and the memory to the point there are visible glitches / crash on benchmark test and then take the scales a bit lower till it stay's stable )

Whenever you have problems the first thing you do is take everything back to stock speeds to rule out the OC. Then you do DDU to rule out driver problems, sometimes also rolling back to a known-good driver.

I haven't had much luck with overclocking on the 20-series.

Some times it would work in one game and not the other. Best to use stock if you want stability.

I haven't had much luck with overclocking on the 20-series.

Some times it would work in one game and not the other. Best to use stock if you want stability.

There's not much overclocking left in any silicon these days. Everyone is pushing things to the limit.

You wont get visible glitches normally from raising core speed. If games are crashing back too desktop or out right crashing your computer means it is too high. Visible glitches are normally from memory OC being to high. Dial back your OC to stock and use DDU and reinstall your drivers. Then run it at stock speed to validate everything is stable. Then slowly raise your OC slowly doing ether memory or core one at a time.

Update, i did the DDU uninstaller and reinstalled the last drivers.
So far so good seems like stuff became stable again,
I removed the overclock, i dont trust it at this point maybe ill try to redo it in some other time.
Benchmark test are better then ever, and im happy about it.

Ty for all the suggestions and support.

Before things started to get worse (full crashes, etc), did you notice your mouse stuttering, especially hearing devices (USB) reconnect?

Before things started to get worse (full crashes, etc), did you notice your mouse stuttering, especially hearing devices (USB) reconnect?
I actually had thise issue before i upgraded the GPU, some times screen will go black and back for like 3 sec and im pretty sure i had couple of times of the reconnecting usb sound as u said but it was rare.
But the black screen was happening once a day some times even twice

Back