I Bought an RTX 3060 Ti Today!

3060 Ti Survey

• I Bought a RTX 360 Ti Today!

Votes: 20 7.3%
  • I Tried to buy an RTX 3060 Ti but it was OOS.

Votes: 65 23.8%
  • I was Going to buy an RTX 3060 Ti but it was too much over MSRP.

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • I did not try to buy an RTX 3060 Ti

Votes: 181 66.3%

• Total voters
Up at 830am est and was ready on Newegg... no luck. Then waited for 2 hours on Best Buy for it to appear... gave up and then literally 10 minutes after I gave up it was released on Best Buy. Literally the most infuriating experience.

Card looks nice but it is not worth it to upgrade from RTX 2070

I'm still paying off the 2070s I bought this summer. And I've only recently upgraded to a 1440p monitor.

I was at Micro Center yesterday mid-afternoon returning a few items I'd picked up last weekend. They had the MSI Gaming Trio and I was tempted. A little bump over my 2070S which I could have probably sold making it a cheap "upgrade". But I've been doing this so long....just didn't have it in me to mess with all that. I should probably be hanging out on [O]ld Forum or [T]ired Forum. I do hope to pick up at least a 3070 or 6800 in 2021.

Didn't try yesterday but bought one today since it was in stock (MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING X TRIO ). Also my 5900X shipped yesterday.

Where was it in stock? Microcenter?
I live in Finland so it doesn't really matter but anyway... it was Jimm's PC-Store. When I bought it there were >25 cards available (they only show amounts up to 25). They probably got close to 50 today but they still did sell out rather quickly though.

I just got a 3060 ti ventus on newegg through one of their dumb combo things. You can return the extra item for free and get a refund, so I'm just doing it. I'll be without the 60 bucks or whatever for a couple weeks it's not the end of the world.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Bunch of 3060Ti were available this morning on best buy
I've managed to snatch 3070FE for $50 more.
What time on Best Buy? Which time zone?

I'm asking because at 2 am Pacific time, two 3060 versions were "Coming Soon" on the BB site. Next time I checked, at 10 am, they were "Sold Out." :wtf:

I'm asking because at 2 am Pacific time, two 3060 versions were "Coming Soon" on the BB site. Next time I checked, at 10 am, they were "Sold Out." :wtf:
I was able to buy a 3070 and a 5800X today at 8am PST. They were gone an hour later.

Around 9:40am eastern I saw a bunch of alerts started popping up on the telegram channel about 6900XT in stock at AMD.com, went there to check, but the site was dead, then saw more alerts for BB, went there to see that card going out of stock pretty much immediately. Just for lulz searched for 3070 and OMG it was actually in stock. Tried to add to cart, got a notice that I need to wait a bit, waited for about 10-15 minutes, then was able to add it to the cart and check out. Submitted the order at around 10:35am.

My friend managed to snatch both 3060ti and 6800 around the same time.

I've been trying to snag one for the GF since release day, no dice so far :mad:

I might have to start thinking of something else to get her for Christmas if this continues...

I just put myself on the waitlist on EVGA's site. I'm not going to waste any more time chasing this thing.

This just paid off today. 2 days ago, EVGA put a new model number on their website along with the auto notify queue button. I signed up for that one within an hour or so of the product appearing on the site. I just received my e-mail to order 08G-P5-3665-KR and did so. Should be here Monday.

Around 9:40am eastern I saw a bunch of alerts started popping up on the telegram channel about 6900XT in stock at AMD.com, went there to check, but the site was dead, then saw more alerts for BB, went there to see that card going out of stock pretty much immediately. Just for lulz searched for 3070 and OMG it was actually in stock. Tried to add to cart, got a notice that I need to wait a bit, waited for about 10-15 minutes, then was able to add it to the cart and check out. Submitted the order at around 10:35am.

My friend managed to snatch both 3060ti and 6800 around the same time.
I didn't check the 3070 or 3060Ti cards at Best Buy, but around 10am I noticed a few 3080 and 3090 models being available. I wasn't quite quick enough to grab a 3080, but got an EVGA 3090 at about 10:30am central time. The button turned yellow on a couple of Gigabyte 3080s I was watching, but they came up OOS/not added to cart when I clicked it. Before that I was too busy fighting with amd.com trying to get a 6900XT or a 6800XT. This pretty much fits with what I read in a couple articles about how Best Buy handles launch days. They like to wait a bit after other places start selling, then release inventory in small batches.

Walked into Microcenter Columbus yesterday about 10Am to pickup some client equipment and went and checked the GPU display. They have everything.. 3060TI, 3070, 3080 and 3090... So I bought another 3070 (EVGA) so I could sell my 5700 XT. Worked out well.

Both times I got 3070s were Thursday mornings if that helps anyone.

Walked into Microcenter Columbus yesterday about 10Am to pickup some client equipment and went and checked the GPU display. They have everything.. 3060TI, 3070, 3080 and 3090... So I bought another 3070 (EVGA) so I could sell my 5700 XT. Worked out well.

Any idea if the website showed if they were in stock?

My MC has everything I want for a new rig listed in stock except the 3060 Ti.

The website never updates in time - and seems many have had luck (if /r/Microcenter is to be believed) by just walking in at random times of the day.
But those are the lucky ones, I'm guessing most (95%) would go in and come out with nothing. So unless you actually have something worth shopping for, I don't think I'd make that trip.

Pretty crazy. Still lines at both MC's here in GA everyday even on days they don't typically get shipments. Was 21st in line this morning was trying to get a 3060 ti and got the last gpu, a 3060 ti but it was the damn Strix and price jacked to $599 for the damn thing.

Pretty crazy. Still lines at both MC's here in GA everyday even on days they don't typically get shipments. Was 21st in line this morning was trying to get a 3060 ti and got the last gpu, a 3060 ti but it was the damn Strix and price jacked to $599 for the damn thing.
That's way too much for that card.

So are you going to continue to wait in line for more GPUs?

That's way too much for that card.
That is way to damn much before the tariff hike. I would of just held out for a 3070 over that. Before the hike the tuf cards were well priced and great performers but the strix cards are just a damn rip off.

Just got the email from EVGA for the 3060Ti. 2 fans model. We ultimately found one in store on release day so I don't need it but they are sending emails for the queue.

Yes, just curious where EVGA is on their 3663 queue, eg, 08G-P5-3755-KR 12/29/20 2:14:37 PM PT

My local MC got nothing except full of scalpers and yeah, their web is pretty crappy that hasn't been updated for 20 years or so..

It's hard to shake off the scammy feel, even through Best Buy. Today's example:

1. Tracker beeps. FE 3060 Ti is in stock at Best Buy. I'm all set with all my data saved on the phone and the card saved.
2. Open BB app on the phone. Tap "Move to cart". BB tells you they're releasing inventory every few minutes:
1615569839748.png

3. OK, stay glued to the phone. ONE minute later, the screen changes to:
1615569872975.png

4. Uh... so where did the new inventory go? Because I tapped on "Move to Cart" within ~5 seconds of the tracker beeping. Clearly there was stock when I tapped it... And I know, I know, I guess there's thousands of people who did the same (as the phone + Apple pay is the fastest way to complete a purchase) so many of those got the orders instead of me, but... it's really hard to not feel somehow scammed out of a card, yet again.
5. Acceptance stage. Will keep trying to get a FE3060 Ti... until the EVGA 3060 12GB queue materializes, and then will have to decide in a few hours: get a meh card that's still a pretty good upgrade from my 1060 3GB despite not being great value, or keep waiting until I score a Ti?
6. Realization this is idiotic, and I'm done for the day. Going for a walk is healthier for my body, heart, mind and soul.

It's hard to shake off the scammy feel, even through Best Buy. Today's example:

1. Tracker beeps. FE 3060 Ti is in stock at Best Buy. I'm all set with all my data saved on the phone and the card saved.
2. Open BB app on the phone. Tap "Move to cart". BB tells you they're releasing inventory every few minutes:
View attachment 338291
3. OK, stay glued to the phone. ONE minute later, the screen changes to:
View attachment 338292
4. Uh... so where did the new inventory go? Because I tapped on "Move to Cart" within ~5 seconds of the tracker beeping. Clearly there was stock when I tapped it... And I know, I know, I guess there's thousands of people who did the same (as the phone + Apple pay is the fastest way to complete a purchase) so many of those got the orders instead of me, but... it's really hard to not feel somehow scammed out of a card, yet again.
5. Acceptance stage. Will keep trying to get a FE3060 Ti... until the EVGA 3060 12GB queue materializes, and then will have to decide in a few hours: get a meh card that's still a pretty good upgrade from my 1060 3GB despite not being great value, or keep waiting until I score a Ti?
6. Realization this is idiotic, and I'm done for the day. Going for a walk is healthier for my body, heart, mind and soul.
Best buy sucks, I got my 3060 ti via new egg, and I had to mail a set of ram back to them and wait for a refund on it. Is what it is but it's basically the only way to get a card these days (I also got ordered it RIGHT when it went up).

Back