I Bought an RTX 3060 Ti Today!

3060 Ti Survey

• I Bought a RTX 360 Ti Today!

Votes: 20 7.3%
  • I Tried to buy an RTX 3060 Ti but it was OOS.

Votes: 65 23.8%
  • I was Going to buy an RTX 3060 Ti but it was too much over MSRP.

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • I did not try to buy an RTX 3060 Ti

Votes: 181 66.3%

• Total voters
MemoryExpress here in Canada all sold out...if they had any actual inventory....

Too rich for my blood, and my rx 480 still does well enough for the games I have. I might upgrade when the prices come down or I see a AAA game that interests me. Haven't been gaming too much recently, though–need to change that.

Gone everywhere instantly. I got on a 9 AM for newegg, couldn't even click on a link.

Got it into my cart in best buy, went to check out but it any store I select isn't available, they have an internal system error or some other BS...

I had it in my cart but couldn't have it shipped to my local best buy. Needed to travel 80 miles to another best buy to be picked up.

I've had one in my Best Buy cart for an hour and a half but it either won't let me select the store or when it does then it will say the store doesn't have stock select another store and just go in a loop over and over.

I also had one get into my cart on NewEgg but was gone after I hit check out.

And I just want to get one to trade someone for a lesser card with some money to offset the huge increase people are asking for their used old cards now. A year ago you could get a 1080 TI for $300, now people are asking over $400 for them. It's just ridiculous.

I had the FE in my bestbuy cart, but errored out after that. Had a chance to grab a gigabyte model of newegg as soon as they dropped, but didn't want to pay over MSRP.

Best Buy might drop the gigabyte models soon I think. It sucks their I couldn’t get to continue to payment screen after an hour of trying. May be next time. Haha

I've had one in my Best Buy cart for an hour and a half but it either won't let me select the store or when it does then it will say the store doesn't have stock select another store and just go in a loop over and over.

Exactly the same issue for me. I tried every one of the available cards from 3060ti to 3090. Everything was exactly the same.

With that, I’m done. I’m on the EVGA waiting list. Aside from that, I’m over trying to get one of these cards. I’ve waisted too much time hitting F5, and it’s clear that they won’t be accessible for a long time to come.

Exactly the same issue for me. I tried every one of the available cards from 3060ti to 3090. Everything was exactly the same.

With that, I’m done. I’m on the EVGA waiting list. Aside from that, I’m over trying to get one of these cards. I’ve waisted too much time hitting F5, and it’s clear that they won’t be accessible for a long time to come.
Same issues here; on EVGA wait list too, but who knows how long that'll take. Interesting thing is Best Buy has been making a lot of their items pick up only like the 5600X.

Exact situation. Select a store. Check out. That store is not eligible for pick up. Select a store. Check out. That store is not eligible for pick up. Select a store. Oops out of stock now. Goddammit.

I got about an hour drive to get to micro center but it looks like they still have some.

Hit up columbus Microcenter at 1030am and all the sale vouchers were gone and there was a line about 50 people deep.

Ran over to Bestbuy and they didn’t know what a 3060Ti was.

Apparently a buddy of mine is on his way to the downtown CC because they still had a few in stock.

Edit: in Montréal

Edit 2: they have 1 left (he got the second last one).

Edit 3: They had 15 total for the downtown Canada Computers in MTL.

Last edited:
Had it in my cart, but had trouble selecting store location pickup.

MemoryExpress here in Canada all sold out...if they had any actual inventory....
I picked one up from ME online in Canada at 6:03am (PST). Grabbed an MSI for $599. There's actually still a bit of inventory left in the stores almost 5 hours later.

Microcenter site still says 3 left in mayfield heights but the sales guy said they sold out two hours ago. I watched the numbers drop 1-2 at a time for the 45 minutes then stop with those three left. Either people are taking forever going through the store or they are hiding some for employees.

Anyone else feel like this whole RTX scalper saga is best summoned up by Linkin Parks In The End?

I decided it wasn't worth bothering trying to get a card until next year, I'm just glad I didn't buy the 2080Ti. That aside, back in the day, Hybrid Theory was one of those CDs I'd play on my Alpine/MB Quart car stereo so much I had to burn multiple CD copies because the CDs had a limited play lifetime in the car. However, I don't think I've ever seen the music video until now. I'm kind of realizing that 20 years ago I didn't watch TV at all.

MSI Gaming X Trio. Too bad (or is it?) the 3080 is installed it would have made a funny picture. That 3060 Ti dwarfs it.

Attachments

• 20201202_143022.jpg
    20201202_143022.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 0
MSI Gaming X Trio. Too bad (or is it?) the 3080 is installed it would have made a funny picture. That 3060 Ti dwarfs it.
Let me guess, you live near Microcenter!!! Hoping EVGA notifies pull it out for me. I signed up around 10 AM on 12/1.

To my knowledge there is not a single MC in the whole country lol but I do live kind of near downtown Montreal as does my buddy whose card this is. He bought it in store past 1 PM.

BB was a crapshoot. Tried getting one for my bro in law and no dice on my end. Kept wanting to do a local pickup, when selecting, it told me to try a different store. Did that for an hour until it really went OOS. Tried the phone app, via Paypal checkout, same difference. At least I made it to cart this time, ha

Got my founders edition on Best Buy site. Forced local pick up, but it actually went fairly smoothly. I got this one for my brother and went back and waited to get one for myself, but it was limited to one per customer. Had that second one ready for check out but it wouldn't let me finish. The wait for a 3080 continues.

Does Microcenter actually do mail order? There was once a Microcenter not far from me, maybe a half-hour drive, but they closed up years ago. I ain't exactly going to drive 400 miles from my house to a store near LA. :wtf:

Got mine from Zotac website at launch. Went through updating address, paypal verification, removing a 3080 from my bucket and still got one. My LAN PC will get the 3060 ti and the 2070S will go to the wife.

Gonna vote for OOS. Tried to buy one from Best Buy, had it in the cart even, and they required me to select a store. Selected my store and got “not available at any store within 250 miles”. There’s was no option to ship it to my house.

They're already selling for $700+ on Ebay (completed sale). Why on earth would anyone pay nearly double MSRP for a 3060ti? Idiots.
I vote we continue to blame miners for this.
Prices never recovered after the previous boom. Looks like we might be in the third coming off Bitcoin madness

Does Microcenter actually do mail order? There was once a Microcenter not far from me, maybe a half-hour drive, but they closed up years ago. I ain't exactly going to drive 400 miles from my house to a store near LA. :wtf:
Not for the new releases; from what I can tell, it's all in store purchases only. When I checked their site around noon, my local MC was still showing to have 3060's in stock, so they either got a large delivery, or people just didn't jump on that particular location for the cards.

Not for the new releases; from what I can tell, it's all in store purchases only. When I checked their site around noon, my local MC was still showing to have 3060's in stock, so they either got a large delivery, or people just didn't jump on that particular location for the cards.
I got there when the site said they had four left. The guy said they sold out two hours earlier with 150 people there at opening. Said the site lags behind real stock. Continued to say three in stock for hours. I personally think they hid them for employees.

I got there when the site said they had four left. The guy said they sold out two hours earlier with 150 people there at opening. Said the site lags behind real stock. Continued to say three in stock for hours. I personally think they hid them for employees.
Employee hiding isn't really a thing there. MC website stock status is meaningless. If you actually want a GPU you have to go down there and line up. 4AM? 5AM? You might get a voucher at 9AM. Some people line up in the afternoon the day before. The first X number of people in line when store opens get vouchers. Those vouchers set aside a GPU and has to be redeemed either by 10AM or 3PM (it seems to change). Sometimes those vouchers expire and the person never buys the card, all leading to "but the website sez itz in stock" confusion. The unclaimed GPU's get released to people lucky to be right place, right time.

Went same as other launches, was able to get to checkout but no best buy in my area (southeast virginia) available for pickup.

I kept getting this error on this and the Gigabyte card that had the Add to Cart button enabled.

evga-3060ti.jpg

Back