I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

• Yes

Votes: 74 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 619 89.3%

• Total voters
I've decided to wait it out, I'll rock my 1080ti's for a few months more when hopefully supply catches up to demand. Maybe there will be a 3080ti by then.

Now just does not seem to be a good time to buy any more.

Reactions: noko
like this
The FTW3 Ultra is $1800 really not a big price bump and the ftw3 ultra isnt even binned.
Yah, I haven't really priced out any 3090. Not in my ballpark so seeing the actual invoice/receipt for one is just mind boggling.

EVGA is offering red lip replacements.

o6671mwk1n561.png

Got a surprise from Newegg Canada Tuesday. Placed two compulsive orders for a asus tuf and a evga ftw3 ultra and ... both worked! Arriving today! Still have to decide which one I’ll keep. Any tip? A friend will get the other one.

Got a surprise from Newegg Canada Tuesday. Placed two compulsive orders for a asus tuf and a evga ftw3 ultra and ... both worked! Arriving today! Still have to decide which one I’ll keep. Any tip? A friend will get the other one.
Personally I would keep the EVGA card.

Yeah my XC3 Hybrid is coming in tomorrow. Kinda bummed that it will only do +7% power limit. I guess right now any 3080 is a good 3080.

Yeah my XC3 Hybrid is coming in tomorrow. Kinda bummed that it will only do +7% power limit. I guess right now any 3080 is a good 3080.
My 3090 has 2 bios chips.
The silent bios gives +120% power max.
The overclocked bios gives +107% max.
The reason for the lower max power boost is because it is already overclocked with power set higher. Therefore it cannot be manually boosted much further.
The 2 different bios power % figures equate to the same max power in Watts.

The maximum power your card can use (in Watts) and whether it is already boosted will affect how much further you can boost the power.

Good GOD! $2100 dollars?! For a GPU?! Not even a workstation GPU?! People have lost their ever loving minds!

Congrats on the card.
Thank you for your irrelevant and tactless subjective opinion to someone who purchased a video card they're pumped for and wanted to share with their community. (or anyone else who also happens to own that video card). 👍

Several nights in a row I've tried the whole refresh game on NewEgg. At one point I got an "add to cart" button to be there, I clicked it, and then got some error.

good game. I put my name on EVGA's site for an XC3 3080. I'll just wait for that. I'm over this.

Several nights in a row I've tried the whole refresh game on NewEgg. At one point I got an "add to cart" button to be there, I clicked it, and then got some error.

good game. I put my name on EVGA's site for an XC3 3080. I'll just wait for that. I'm over this.

Good luck on that one. I've been on the XC3 waiting list since 9/18 and never got a notification. Seems like they only put out FTW cards since they are the higher margin cards for them.

Good luck on that one. I've been on the XC3 waiting list since 9/18 and never got a notification. Seems like they only put out FTW cards since they are the higher margin cards for them.
Meh, that's fine too. I'm sucked into World of Warcraft at the moment. max settings and 60fps at 1080. So, I'm fine with it. I won't lie that I am getting caught up in the whole gpu race, but I'm just going to wait.

Biggest turn off was before the drop the other night, NewEgg had a site-wide $40 increase on 3000 cards. I'm mid refreshing and all of a sudden all the cards jumped in price. hell with that. this is stupid.

Meh, that's fine too. I'm sucked into World of Warcraft at the moment. max settings and 60fps at 1080. So, I'm fine with it. I won't lie that I am getting caught up in the whole gpu race, but I'm just going to wait.

Biggest turn off was before the drop the other night, NewEgg had a site-wide $40 increase on 3000 cards. I'm mid refreshing and all of a sudden all the cards jumped in price. hell with that. this is stupid.
Right there with you. I have plenty of games that don't require a new graphics card to play at the settings I want. I may end up just skipping this generation.

So by the time the GPU will be in stock for anybody to just click and buy no problem, there will be a new video card about ready to come out. ;)

Seems to be the case. Luckily I have a Microcenter located right between my work and my home and I've been able to find 3070s and 3080s there pretty easily just waking in. But zero AMD 6000 cards.

But like you said being able to click on a website and pick the very specific brand and model card you want and click accept to buy, with no out of stock issues? I think that's not happening until springtime. I'll go on the record and say come April / May, you'll easily be able to buy a RTX 3000 line card anytime you want.

Now, when is Nvidia releasing the 4000 series? LOL

So to answer (or somewhat answer) a concern from kirbyrj concerning eVGA's retail queue system for the RTX 30 series and where it could be. Kirby, my notification for my GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra was set to September 18th, 2020 at 11:45pm. I got the email from eVGA for my notification to purchase morning of December 2nd. It has been 19 days since then. I would imagine by now at least with the model I got they are into the part of the queue that would've been set for September 19th. Perhaps even the 20th even but...that depends on how much stock they get into their own retail warehouse and how much is going right out to sales from their store. Some models have received more cards and their queue is a little bit more cleared up compared to others. I sense depending on what model you got your notification has to be arriving any time now. I know being patient may be hard but I imagine your patience will pay off much sooner than later. Out!

So to answer (or somewhat answer) a concern from kirbyrj concerning eVGA's retail queue system for the RTX 30 series and where it could be. Kirby, my notification for my GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra was set to September 18th, 2020 at 11:45pm. I got the email from eVGA for my notification to purchase morning of December 2nd. It has been 19 days since then. I would imagine by now at least with the model I got they are into the part of the queue that would've been set for September 19th. Perhaps even the 20th even but...that depends on how much stock they get into their own retail warehouse and how much is going right out to sales from their store. Some models have received more cards and their queue is a little bit more cleared up compared to others. I sense depending on what model you got your notification has to be arriving any time now. I know being patient may be hard but I imagine your patience will pay off much sooner than later. Out!

Well, I didn't get the XC3 Ultra. I put in for the XC3 Gaming ($20 less). My time is 9/18 at 9:32 AM and nothing.

Well, I didn't get the XC3 Ultra. I put in for the XC3 Gaming ($20 less). My time is 9/18 at 9:32 AM and nothing.
Not even sure they shipped any of those. All the ones I've seen from the queue (mine included) were the XC3 Gaming Ultras (and FTW3 Ultras).

Not even sure they shipped any of those. All the ones I've seen from the queue (mine included) were the XC3 Gaming Ultras (and FTW3 Ultras).

Exactly. Unfortunately, I can't go back in time and queue myself up for the Ultra instead. I mean, they're the same card with different boosts programmed into the bios. I figured I'd save $20 and overclock on my own. In hindsight, that means I never get a card from EVGA.

Back