I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

• Yes

Votes: 74 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 619 89.3%

• Total voters
More quality watercooling DIY.

4geou6lp7vz51.jpg

Not interested in hunting, I'm on the EVGA wait-list for the 3070, how long have people been waiting? Since implementation?
The 3070 restocks often on Newegg. I'm noticing a bunch of restocks on weekdays starting at 4PM PST. They are usually the bundled deals but you can snag it and then return the 2nd item you don't want. You have to pay return shipping and forfeit whatever bundle discount it came with but it's better than scalper pricing. If you have IOS, even better. Setup Apple Pay and download the Newegg app. Follow some twitter or discord channels for drops and when it's game time, go to the App (make sure to log in by then) add to cart, apple pay with your face to avoid typing and BOOM, you might have just beaten scripts and bots due to them not having a face!

This was how I managed to sniped a 3080 Vision OC bundle (Returned the PSU) and just yesterday, a 5900x with the Asus board (Might return the board since it doesn't have wifi). Will need to go through the next set of struggle of it actually shipping but that's another battle.

I don't have a bot so I have to be the bot, lol.

The 3070 restocks often on Newegg. I'm noticing a bunch of restocks on weekdays starting at 4PM PST. They are usually the bundled deals but you can snag it and then return the 2nd item you don't want. You have to pay return shipping and forfeit whatever bundle discount it came with but it's better than scalper pricing. If you have IOS, even better. Setup Apple Pay and download the Newegg app. Follow some twitter or discord channels for drops and when it's game time, go to the App (make sure to log in by then) add to cart, apple pay with your face to avoid typing and BOOM, you might have just beaten scripts and bots due to them not having a face!

This was how I managed to sniped a 3080 Vision OC bundle (Returned the PSU) and just yesterday, a 5900x with the Asus board (Might return the board since it doesn't have wifi). Will need to go through the next set of struggle of it actually shipping but that's another battle.

I don't have a bot so I have to be the bot, lol.
As an FYI, it's happening right now (for the past hour). If you all are still looking.

My FTW3 was running at 1800-1900 rpm on quiet mode and 2000-2100 rpm in OC mode. So yes, whether it was bum or not at least it was exceeding my patience for noise.

This TUF doesn’t break 63 C and I can never hear it.
I’m not doubting your experience with your card but I was expecting this XC3 to be loud and hot after reading your post and I was happy to find out that it was silent and only hit 73-74C. It’s possible our environments are different as well. I have 3 PCs in the same room plus the TV is always going in the next room over.

I’m assuming my FTW3 will run around 64-67C and be just as quiet based on that experience and my experience with the 2070 Super FTW3 which won’t go over 64C.

I’m not anti Asus at all. My last 3-4 cards have been Asus. I decided to roll with eVGA this time after having to deal with Asus RMA on a motherboard recently. I ended up buying a new board and reselling what they sent me back because it takes them so long to do anything. I’ll still buy Asus boards and cards I’m just rolling with EVGA this time. If I could get a hold of a Strix I’d probably bite if I could get it before my FTW3 comes. Either way enjoy your 3080 I’m enjoying this one.

Man, I almost miss my 2080 ti FTW3. My room PC area is now hot as hell with the 3080 in and temps are only at 58.

Last edited:
Just got confirmation that the ETA of my 3080 has actually been moved up from November 30th to November 25th.

LOL, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Q3 Financials lol
  • Gaming: Third-quarter revenue was a record $2.27 billion, up 37 percent from the previous quarter and up 37 percent from a year earlier.

Who has received an email from EVGA on their que? I entered the que system on 10/6/2020 and still havent received an email yet. Just curious who has and what they're que date was initially.

Who has received an email from EVGA on their que? I entered the que system on 10/6/2020 and still havent received an email yet. Just curious who has and what they're que date was initially.
Are you an evga member? If the email you entered doesn’t match an account you weren’t actually put in a queue.

Are you an evga member? If the email you entered doesn’t match an account you weren’t actually put in a queue.
Yeah it matches and it shows that I have entered the queue system just haven't received anything yet and am curious how far down I am.

I got my card through the notify que. I had signed up on the morning of for the FTW3 and it was ~ 2 weeks later ish? supposely other models have not been happening as fast ast FTW3 ultra

I signed up for two on 09/17 at 5:21am and haven't received any notifications.

I had an Aus Tuff RTX 3700 in my cart today from Amazon Prime and could have had it at my door tomorrow but 869.00 for a 3700 when I am in Que for a 3800 for 809.00? I just could not bring myself to do it no matter what the wait that I have ahead of me.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Waited 14 hrs in line for a 6800 XT, was about 6 people to far back to get one but got a Gigabyte OC Gaming 3080. After watching today's reviews kind of glad ended up with a 3080 but not really the board I wanted. Someone ahead of me got the only Tuff. At least I finally have something.

I think most of the suckers already got scalped. Doubt many will pay scalper prices any more.
A lot of people are desperate. You can't get a 2080ti new anymore, unless you're willing to pay absurd prices. So it's either you pay absurd 2080ti prices, or pay 3080 absurd prices. I'm glad I stuck with my 2080ti from over two years ago at this point.

The fact that I was able to get a 2080ti within the first few weeks of launch without even trying, and I still can't find a 3080 is very telling of the situation.

A lot of people are desperate. You can't get a 2080ti new anymore, unless you're willing to pay absurd prices. So it's either you pay absurd 2080ti prices, or pay 3080 absurd prices. I'm glad I stuck with my 2080ti from over two years ago at this point.

The fact that I was able to get a 2080ti within the first few weeks of launch without even trying, and I still can't find a 3080 is very telling of the situation.
ie, suckers.

I mean, sure, they're suckers. However, if I were in a similar situation and still on my 1080ti, i'm not sure I wouldn't pay the scalpers price w/ AC Valhalla now being out, and Cyberpunk a month away. I'd want that level of performance @ 4k that only a 2080ti/3080/6800xt could deliver.

Can someone please tell me if in their newegg order it shows Call Of Duty & GeForce NOW membership along with their GPU? I think newegg may have not included it in my order that I just placed...

Error: Unfortunately you have exceeded the 8 hour time frame allotted to your notify order and your purchase option has expired. If you feel you are seeing this message in error, please email [email protected]

What the absolute fuq.. I was working like an absolute maniac today and not watching my personal email. I'm a DB engineer that does all the clinical terminology for the Veterans Administration, and with the new vaccines being available soon, I had to get all this terminology done..

I missed it by a half hour. God damnit.

Error: Unfortunately you have exceeded the 8 hour time frame allotted to your notify order and your purchase option has expired. If you feel you are seeing this message in error, please email [email protected]

What the absolute fuq.. I was working like an absolute maniac today and not watching my personal email. I'm a DB engineer that does all the clinical terminology for the Veterans Administration, and with the new vaccines being available soon, I had to get all this terminology done..

I missed it by a half hour. God damnit.
Email them or tweet at Jacob from EVGA. Apparently they have been sending new links to people who may have missed the initial email.

I didn't get a 3080 but I got my email from evga for the 3070 ftw3 ultra card yesterday and bought that. I signed up the day of within 5 minutes after launch for the 3070 and just got that email yesterday.
I jumped on it and when I get the card I'll wait for my last week before I can register for the step up program and see if the new 3070ti or 3080ti has launched and register to step up to that. At least I have a current card to use

I didn't get a 3080 but I got my email from evga for the 3070 ftw3 ultra card yesterday and bought that. I signed up the day of within 5 minutes after launch for the 3070 and just got that email yesterday.
I jumped on it and when I get the card I'll wait for my last week before I can register for the step up program and see if the new 3070ti or 3080ti has launched and register to step up to that. At least I have a current card to use
Nice update and game plan for next steps. Who knows, the 3070 might just be good enough for you.

Nice update and game plan for next steps. Who knows, the 3070 might just be good enough for you.
I wish it was enough. This big ole 34 inch 3440x1440 monitor is gonna tear this card up on newer games.

That's not true, I had a 3080 XC3 notification on an email I hadn't created an account with. You have the option to create a new account or change the email on your existing account to match the notification.

The elusive beast is now installed. About 1 hour in in Control. Running 3440x1440 all maxed with full RTX and DLSS (both those things are new to me).

So far so good. Peaked at 74C with default fan curve. I prefer a more aggressive curve (basically step 1 idle/browsing step 2 light gaming/retro/menus and step 3 balls to the wall) so we'll see how much it helps. I'd be very happy with 70.

Here it is next to the MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti it's replacing. Somehow feels much smaller in the case (I can tell right away when I close the side panel). PS: Yes, it's my drying machine. Only white surface I could find to take a shot 😅

And fitted inside the Nano S.

Attachments

• 20201119_193019.jpg
    20201119_193019.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20201120_094057.jpg
    20201120_094057.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 0
I picked up a Ryzen 5800X today so I can finally start my new Zen 3 build next week but the chances of picking up a 3080 are looking slim...I'd honestly prefer the 3080 Ti or maybe even a 3070 Ti so maybe the wait will be worth it

The elusive beast is now installed. About 1 hour in in Control. Running 3440x1440 all maxed with full RTX and DLSS (both those things are new to me).

So far so good. Peaked at 74C with default fan curve. I prefer a more aggressive curve (basically step 1 idle/browsing step 2 light gaming/retro/menus and step 3 balls to the wall) so we'll see how much it helps. I'd be very happy with 70.

Here it is next to the MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti it's replacing. Somehow feels much smaller in the case (I can tell right away when I close the side panel). PS: Yes, it's my drying machine. Only white surface I could find to take a shot 😅

And fitted inside the Nano S.
I’ll be completely honest. I prefer the XC3 looks-wise over the FTW3. And the performance difference between the two at stock is probably imperceivable. FTW3 is only worth it if you want the option to have the card to eat 100w more power for a ~3-5% performance gain at best. Might be worth it to some, but not to me.

I picked up a Ryzen 5800X today so I can finally start my new Zen 3 build next week but the chances of picking up a 3080 are looking slim...I'd honestly prefer the 3080 Ti or maybe even a 3070 Ti so maybe the wait will be worth it
Congrats! 1 rare parts down, 1 more to go, lol. What board did you decide on?

I've had most of the other parts for a few weeks now just sitting around...I bought the MSI X570 Tomahawk
Whoa, you're really going for the rare parts build 2020 aren't you? I was looking for that board ever since all the reviews drop and stock for it is mythical. Now I see them for $350...lol

Back