I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

• Yes

Votes: 74 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 619 89.3%

• Total voters
MSI Suprim in a box. Not my photo obviously.

6jbfhy1ytfx51.jpg

Is nVidia even making more 3080 founder edition cards? I refresh Bestbuy around 40 times a day still and I haven't seen a hint of any more cards...

Is nVidia even making more 3080 founder edition cards? I refresh Bestbuy around 40 times a day still and I haven't seen a hint of any more cards...
They've been dropping about every 1.5-2 weeks on Best Buy's website.

Must be nice I have yet to get anywhere near any new card. Good to see many of you getting them though.

FYI, seems like Best Buy is doing some restocks on all cards. They are going through the same Please Wait queue system but give it a go for those who are still looking. Search for RTX 3080 then click See Details, click add to cart, wait...

Tried for 2 hours + today on BB and got screwed at the last checkout step 5 different times on different cards - FE, EVGA, Asus, Gigabyte and PNY. I am so over this.

Tried for 2 hours + today on BB and got screwed at the last checkout step 5 different times on different cards - FE, EVGA, Asus, Gigabyte and PNY. I am so over this.
You will be able to pick up 3080 for a bargain in Jan :whistle:

Where my 3080 FE bois who got it today??!?!?

Got my order in at 10:03AM. Lucky AF. Just kept spamming my cart.

I think that's one of the things I see in this post a little more now: forum users here getting their 1st RTX 30 card, somehow getting their hands on a 2nd card and then sharing the wealth by giving the 1st or 2nd card to a friend or family member. It just always gives me a good feeling when I see that generosity. Just thought I'd share this little bit. Out!

Of course it was yesterday. The one day this week I was away from home and busy most of the day.... Guess i will check back in another 2 weeks...

So my name just came up for the EVGA 3080 FTW3 version with the metal backplate. I had really decided to go with a 6800XT this time and still think I want to go that way when I can get a Nitro or Red Devil. But I couldn't just turn down the 3080 who knows when I will actually get the 6800XT. If that takes a couple months do people think that I will be able to get my money back on it still? I wouldn't scalp it but I also don't really want to lose money on the whole thing. If I knew I was getting the 6800XT next week I would have passed but with the shortage it seemed fairly low risk. It's a lot of money for me to just throw on a credit card and I am pretty risk averse. BTW Kuods to EVGA doing the queue system, I was in the queue for 5 weeks but still I did not have to do anything to get one, and didn't have to pay a scalper price although the list price of the card is $809. Funny thing because I am in California ground is the fastest way for it to be shipped.

So my name just came up for the EVGA 3080 FTW3 version with the metal backplate. I had really decided to go with a 6800XT this time and still think I want to go that way when I can get a Nitro or Red Devil. But I couldn't just turn down the 3080 who knows when I will actually get the 6800XT. If that takes a couple months do people think that I will be able to get my money back on it still? I wouldn't scalp it but I also don't really want to lose money on the whole thing. If I knew I was getting the 6800XT next week I would have passed but with the shortage it seemed fairly low risk. It's a lot of money for me to just throw on a credit card and I am pretty risk averse. BTW Kuods to EVGA doing the queue system, I was in the queue for 5 weeks but still I did not have to do anything to get one, and didn't have to pay a scalper price although the list price of the card is $809. Funny thing because I am in California ground is the fastest way for it to be shipped.
Maybe, maybe not. New variable that may be introduced in a couple months is the 3080 Ti. Might impact resale value of the regular 3080, especially if stock becomes available somewhat more often.

EVGA finally got to my notify time slot on the 3080 FTW3 Ultra today. So that's on overnight for tomorrow! Finally. What a crazy ride this has been.

man you guys are gonna wish you didn't snag a 3080 when the 3080 Ti cards come out in January...:D

If the Ti is over $1000? No I won't. I'll be just fine. Or, I'll pay the EVGA step up. Whatever. but I won't be waiting in line with NO video card anymore. And the odds of a mythical 3080 Ti not being out of stock for 2-3 months after release? That January release is going to look more like April-May. ;)

Now that photo from TaintedSquirrel is a welcome sight. Also to polonyc2, I only game at 1440p Ultra so I think I'll be alright with just the 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB I've picked out from the eVGA Step-Up Program. Thanks. Out!

Hydros and Hybrids are available for notify queue.

https://twitter.com/evga_jacobf/status/1327298202177990656?s=21
Couple questions, if I may.

I'm not seeing where I can get on the auto-notify list for the hybrid models. Also, I currently have a 3080 XC3 Ultra. Do you think it would be possible to step-up to the hybrid model? My ultimate goal is to get a hybrid 3080 Ti. Wonder if I could step-up more than once, from XC3 to 3080 hybrid, to 3080 Ti hybrid. Maybe it would be better to keep the XC3 until the 3080 Ti hybrid arrives, hoping I'm still in the step-up window.

I'm not seeing where I can get on the auto-notify list for the hybrid models. Also, I currently have a 3080 XC3 Ultra. Do you think it would be possible to step-up to the hybrid model? My ultimate goal is to get a hybrid 3080 Ti. Wonder if I could step-up more than once, from XC3 to 3080 hybrid, to 3080 Ti hybrid. Maybe it would be better to keep the XC3 until the 3080 Ti hybrid arrives, hoping I'm still in the step-up window.
You can't get on the notify list because they already filled all the slots and took it down.

Do you think it would be possible to step-up to the hybrid model?
-- No one knows yet what EVGA will offer. Possible? Yes.

Wonder if I could step-up more than once,
-- Nope. 1 time only.

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=400-HY-1978-B1

You can get the cooler itself for a little over $100. You'll probably get it a lot quicker too.

Is it worth it? You have to answer that yourself.

And no, you cannot step up more than once with EVGA.

So people can wait 3 months and not be able to get one of those, either. :LOL:

I predict a major selloff of Ampere cards when the 3080 Ti hits...same way people sold their 2080 Ti's in record numbers after the official Ampere announcement

Back