I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

• Yes

Votes: 74 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 619 89.3%

• Total voters
Ladies and Gentlemen (because I think we have both here), you all might want to catch this video from Moore's Law Is Dead:

Dude revealed potential numbers of RTX 3080s, RTX 3090s and RTX 3070s that will hit the market at the end of this month that nVIDIA is shipping...right this minute. Also, here's the Madden Short Summary of the shipping numbers:

300,000+ RTX 3080s = "BOOM!"
30,000+ RTX 3090s = "POW"
"A boatload of" RTX 3070s = "WHAP ZOWIE!"

Don't believe me? Watch the video. Also, let's see the scalpers buy up at least 90% of those numbers all by themselves...out!

Ladies and Gentlemen (because I think we have both here), you all might want to catch this video from Moore's Law Is Dead:

Dude revealed potential numbers of RTX 3080s, RTX 3090s and RTX 3070s that will hit the market at the end of this month that nVIDIA is shipping...right this minute. Also, here's the Madden Short Summary of the shipping numbers:

300,000+ RTX 3080s = "BOOM!"
30,000+ RTX 3090s = "POW"
"A boatload of" RTX 3070s = "WHAP ZOWIE!"

Don't believe me? Watch the video. Also, let's see the scalpers buy up at least 90% of those numbers all by themselves...out!

If I want to know I will ask people in engineering, software og logistics....I will not use a youtube "influencer" with no engineering background.
I guess I don't care for the "drama", I just want numbers, facts and stats.

Some muppet trying to make "tabloid" like videos for hits...nah.

EDIT:
Take shite like "ray-tracing traversal coprocessor"...that is why I don't waste my time with people like that.
People only remember their vauge "hits"....but "ray-tracing traversal coprocessor"...forgotten fast because it doesn't suit the agenda...

EDIT:
Take shite like "ray-tracing traversal coprocessor"...that is why I don't waste my time with people like that.
People only remember their vauge "hits"....but "ray-tracing traversal coprocessor"...forgotten fast because it doesn't suit the agenda...
Think you got the wrong guy. That was Coreteks. If you are going to slag folks, might want to get that right.

MLID has been very much on point for most of his forward-looking coverage.

If I want to know I will ask people in engineering, software og logistics....I will not use a youtube "influencer" with no engineering background.

How is MLID an "influencer?" He is exactly the apposite of an influencer IMO. He is giving numbers, stats, and facts to the best of his ability. So when have you ever gotten numbers, facts, and stats about products outside of GPU specs from NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel? Not sure of what you want, just what you don't want....

Think you got the wrong guy. That was Coreteks. If you are going to slag folks, might want to get that right.

MLID has been very much on point for most of his forward-looking coverage.

He perputated the false rumor...and he also had the "Tensor core memory compression" FUD and DLSSS 3.0 (always forced on).
I am sure he has had more misses...but I don't watch him, I only observe the "fallout" on forums when he "speculates"

How is MLID an "influencer?" He is exactly the apposite of an influencer IMO. He is giving numbers, stats, and facts to the best of his ability. So when have you ever gotten numbers, facts, and stats about products outside of GPU specs from NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel? Not sure of what you want, just what you don't want....
He is not a reviewer.
He is not an engineer.
He posts "rumors" that makes no sense...except for click-bait.

I guess he just belongs to a breed I don't care for.

EDIT:
The traversal coprocessor name actually came from a Nvidia document, their patent application. Nvidia smartly renamed it to RT core. Their patent allows or covers both internal or external design for this, he/Coreteks was very clear that it was his speculation and not any sort of leak as well.

As for Tom at MLID, yes, he is actually an Engineer, worked in the automotive field, graduated from Michigan Tech.

Last edited:
He is not a reviewer.
He is not an engineer.
He posts "rumors" that makes no sense...except for click-bait.

I guess he just belongs to a breed I don't care for.
You know, if you are going to attack a person, fine. But at least do it in the context of what is posted in the thread. You remind me of that guy that called me a fraud for what one of my editors fucked up on, which was corrected, but it is literally 20 years later and that is the only argument you can bring.

If you are going to target a man, at least target him and argue with him for the ideas he puts forth, and not the fact that you don't like him.

Their patent allows or covers both internal or external design for this

No it doesn’t. The patent clearly shows the interface between an SM and the RT core. It says nothing about an interface between two chips. The rumor was stupid on multiple levels. Just let it die.

Tom from MLID is actually a Mechanical Engineer, graduating from Michigan Tech with a degree, worked in the automotive industry.

Actually it does allow it, we discussed this before. Beyond scope of this thread in any case.

https://hardforum.com/threads/rtx-3xxx-performance-speculation.1987972/post-1044625394

Actually, no it doesn't. Repeating an incorrect statement doesn't make it true. You seem to think that "not limited thereto" means that we can invent whole chips using our imagination.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20200050451A1/en

Systems and methods for an efficient and robust multiprocessor-coprocessor interface that may be used between a streaming multiprocessor and an acceleration coprocessor in a GPU are provided.

Actually, no it doesn't. Repeating an incorrect statement doesn't make it true. You seem to think that "not limited thereto" means that we can invent whole chips using our imagination.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20200050451A1/en
Not understanding the patent scope does not restrict possible configurations. I took the info straight from the patent with the diagram separating the SM and Coprocessor using a communication bus. That means it could be hooked up by any means Nvidia wants, internal or external. Corteks did not just make things up. Anyways that is it, folks can look, if they even care about this. Not important for this thread.

I would really like to grab RTX 3070 FE. It will be mpre than enough. Ampere overall design looks fantastic.

I really like the work Gamers Nexus does but holy shit does Stephen just drone on and on and on... his voice puts me to sleep every time. The guy's like an energy vampire or something.

He should have someone edit a TLDR of his videos.

Anyway, this is the card I have my eye on, hopefully we'll see stock soon.

https://www.caseking.de/blog/detail/sCategory/376/blogArticle/3734

Dear Caseking Community,

We are happy about the many NVIDIA GeForce RTX30 orders that you have placed with us. Many thanks at this point for your loyalty and above all your patience.

Our primary focus is to minimize waiting times where we can. In order to meet the mass of previous orders, we have decided not to accept any new orders for certain NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3000 graphics card models until further notice. Below you will find a list of the affected articles, which we will update immediately in the event of changes. All orders placed up to this point will of course remain valid. As soon as the backlog can be processed through reliable replenishment from the manufacturer and regular stocks can be guaranteed, we will start accepting orders again.

At this point we would like to ask you one more thing: Please refrain from inquiring about delivery data for your order via our service channels. We are working under high pressure to distribute the incoming goods to you. If you'd rather cancel and try your luck elsewhere, drop us a line and we'll deal with a full refund straight away. For order changes or cancellations, please use our numerous support forums, for example on Computerbase.de, PCGH.de or HardwareLuxx.de or our contact form.

Your Caseking team
List of models affected by the temporary sales stop:

ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix 10G, 10240 MB GDDR6X
ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix O10G, 10240 MB GDDR6X
ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10G, 10240 MB GDDR6X
ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming O10G, 10240 MB GDDR6X
ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 ROG Strix 24G, 24576 MB GDDR6X
ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 ROG Strix O24G, 24576 MB GDDR6X
ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 TUF Gaming 24G, 24576 MB GDDR6X
ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 TUF Gaming O24G, 24576 MB GDDR6X
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Black Gaming, 10240 MB GDDR6X
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Eagle OC 10G, 10240 MB GDDR6X
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio 10G, 10240 MB GDDR6X
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X 10G OC, 10240 MB GDDR6X
MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio 24G, 24576 MB GDDR6X
PNY GeForce RTX 3080 XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB, 10240 MB GDDR6X
PNY GeForce RTX 3080 XLR8 Gaming Revel EPIC-X RGB, 10240 MB GDDR6X
PNY GeForce RTX 3090 XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB, 24576 MB GDDR6X
PNY GeForce RTX 3090 XLR8 Gaming Revel EPIC-X RGB, 24576 MB GDDR6X

https://www.caseking.de/blog/detail/sCategory/376/blogArticle/3734

Dear Caseking Community,

We are happy about the many NVIDIA GeForce RTX30 orders that you have placed with us. Many thanks at this point for your loyalty and above all your patience.

Our primary focus is to minimize waiting times where we can. In order to meet the mass of previous orders, we have decided not to accept any new orders for certain NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3000 graphics card models until further notice. Below you will find a list of the affected articles, which we will update immediately in the event of changes. All orders placed up to this point will of course remain valid. As soon as the backlog can be processed through reliable replenishment from the manufacturer and regular stocks can be guaranteed, we will start accepting orders again.

At this point we would like to ask you one more thing: Please refrain from inquiring about delivery data for your order via our service channels. We are working under high pressure to distribute the incoming goods to you. If you'd rather cancel and try your luck elsewhere, drop us a line and we'll deal with a full refund straight away. For order changes or cancellations, please use our numerous support forums, for example on Computerbase.de, PCGH.de or HardwareLuxx.de or our contact form.

Your Caseking team
List of models affected by the temporary sales stop:

ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix 10G, 10240 MB GDDR6X
ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix O10G, 10240 MB GDDR6X
ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10G, 10240 MB GDDR6X
ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming O10G, 10240 MB GDDR6X
ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 ROG Strix 24G, 24576 MB GDDR6X
ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 ROG Strix O24G, 24576 MB GDDR6X
ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 TUF Gaming 24G, 24576 MB GDDR6X
ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 TUF Gaming O24G, 24576 MB GDDR6X
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Black Gaming, 10240 MB GDDR6X
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Eagle OC 10G, 10240 MB GDDR6X
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio 10G, 10240 MB GDDR6X
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X 10G OC, 10240 MB GDDR6X
MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio 24G, 24576 MB GDDR6X
PNY GeForce RTX 3080 XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB, 10240 MB GDDR6X
PNY GeForce RTX 3080 XLR8 Gaming Revel EPIC-X RGB, 10240 MB GDDR6X
PNY GeForce RTX 3090 XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB, 24576 MB GDDR6X
PNY GeForce RTX 3090 XLR8 Gaming Revel EPIC-X RGB, 24576 MB GDDR6X
Is that like every model? :)

I liked the overview and breakdown of the card, for me that is top notch. Still would prefer the 3080 FE due to being a 2 slot solution that gets the job done. While 3 slot solutions are doable if one wants access to all pcie 16x slots if using extension cables and a case that can support such configurations, it becomes rather clunky and large in the end. If Nvidia does not have the 20gb 3080 FE, then that makes it even harder for me to consider now the 3080 overall. May still pick one up anyways due to the very unique features Nvidia does have. If AMD falls through as in not having a good performing, feature enriched card, needed support, available => 3090 would be my best option with a new case when needed to get to the pcie 16x slots using extension cables. Right now I am using 3 of the 4 pcie 16x slots on the Threadripper system and could use the 4 fourth slot if I need to (2x 1080Ti's, NVME expander card). Have to see how the 3080 20gb versions perform and cost, size etc. if they are around a $1000 for a decent one then a 3090 makes more sense.

He's had some interesting insider types on his podcasts over the last year. I get not buying into every rumor out there but the hate some of these guys get just amazes me. They are not your ordinary click bait, daily rumor pundits. I suppose it shouldn't since I've been around this industry long enough just as a customer.

Anyway, we'll see in 2-3 weeks if boatloads of 3080s and 3070s show up in the nick of time for Navi's reveal. I think the info on the 3080 20gb prices is spot on going by past history. $1k 3080 20gb custom cards, hopefully those being the top end models with AIO water cooling.

Well on the upside, I get a nice email from the retailer that lays out in pretty extensive detail all the reasons I’ll be waiting till November at least.

So I’ve got that going for me

Do not attempt. This is a 3090 XC3 Ultra, by the way.

whgsp3ubyss51.jpg

Reactions: Otto
like this
huge drop at best buy at 10/15 2:00PM CST, 3080 and 3090 cards. I hit add to cart the second it became available. never worked.

I had a script running to add to cart, two cards added to cart but never went to checkout despite me spamming the buttons mad. At this point, it's coming down to your physical distance to BB's servers just like with HFT traders in NY locating close to the exchange. WTF.

I've been following chats on many different forums and websites/stock trackers. People are beginning to get really restless. Feels bad.

Waiting for the evga queues to move a bit..have a 9/21 for xc3 black and 9/22 for ftw3 gaming. Come on EVGA, atleast clear your first week soon!

Waiting for the evga queues to move a bit..have a 9/21 for xc3 black and 9/22 for ftw3 gaming. Come on EVGA, atleast clear your first week soon!

I signed up at 5:11 AM the morning it launched and I haven't got my notification yet so they aren't even close to getting through their first day much yet their first week.

I signed up at 5:11 AM the morning it launched and I haven't got my notification yet so they aren't even close to getting through their first day much yet their first week.
And yet it's supposedly not a paper launch. Fuck Nv .. even if they had supply issues they could have said situation will improve in 2 months instead of shortage till 2021, giving scalpers reason to continue trying the F5/botting game all day and folks with lives and work to go empty handed.

Got an email about my 9/22 Evga Xc3 Ultra order on Amazon. Had said 10/16 delivery since I ordered it.

I had to confirm that I still want it the order. Did that, now it just says order received with no ship date. Guess we'll see what next week brings.

Got an email about my 9/22 Evga Xc3 Ultra order on Amazon. Had said 10/16 delivery since I ordered it.

I had to confirm that I still want it the order. Did that, now it just says order received with no ship date. Guess we'll see what next week brings.
I had the same email come in and I cancelled. Got a 3080 XC3 Ultra through the EVGA store. Seems like XC3 variants are being produced in far lesser quantities than the FTW3.

Back