I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

• Yes

Votes: 74 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 619 89.3%

• Total voters
I'm becoming very leery of Amazon these days. Starting to look less 'professional' and many 'etailers' seem to be fronts for EBay like resellers or Chinese 'stores' rather than what I've traditionally thought of Amazon being (i.e reliable).

Please report back on the condition of your card when you get it - i.e., did it come 'new in the box' and professionally packaged, or does it look 'slightly used' or mishandled.

Thanks

The card I ordered was listed as Sold and Delivered by Amazon. I'll let you know the condition when it comes in tomorrow.

They just listed the cards and initially had a 12-16 October delivery date.

I got in on the same 9/22 order. Mine still says 10/16 delivery though. Also shipped and sold by Amazon. Looking like they got more in so maybe mine will move up a bit.

I don't rebuild that often, but I'm not gonna lie, I was motivated about upgrading by these new cards. However, I increasingly find myself day by day to not give a crap. Nvidia, AMD or otherwise.

If I can't buy the products, why would I continue to care?

/end rant.

I think I'm going to take my dog on a roadtrip to some empty desert/beaches/parks instead I think. Maybe I'll find a 3080FE under a rock lol

Both amazon and newegg voided my Zotac orders on 9/17 and 10/2 (newegg was especially shitty because they let my paypal go through, sit in processing for a while and then void due to stock wth)..should have tried the GBT instead which went online a few seconds later, maybe the universe telling me to steer clear of Zotac like I promised lol..I have given up for now and joined the ftw3 step up waitlist. Hoping it comes by late Nov or Dec or the retail inventory improves. If BB has stock of 3080 or even the 3070 sometime this month, would like to use that 10% off Bday coupon sitting in my account. To my surprise, I am actually finding the 2060 to be a very workable little card. You could argue that if these are available for around 250 or less, most folks would be perfectly fine with it for the next year or so.

Yo, so I thought I'd share this with all of you as I just stumbled upon it in the last 7-10 minutes or so: TigerDirect has RTX 3080's and 3090's available for preorder. A few makes and models with free shipping. Be warned though: None of the cards there are selling are selling for MSRP. They are selling with at least a $60-$70 markup. Out!

Yo, so I thought I'd share this with all of you as I just stumbled upon it in the last 7-10 minutes or so: TigerDirect has RTX 3080's and 3090's available for preorder. A few makes and models with free shipping. Be warned though: None of the cards there are selling are selling for MSRP. They are selling with at least a $60-$70 markup. Out!
That's been available for a while now, as do some speciality smaller stores like Colamco but they are not shipping till January. My chances with EVGA step up or retail are better than tying up money at these places.

Like how Jensen describes customers' frustration as a 'phenomenon to observe'...what a douche. AMD gimme a reason to switch and decent supplies lasting an hour on launch day lol, not 20 seconds with bot inspired timeouts.

From the leaks I seen, most AMD cards wont even launch this year so I would not hold my breath that you will get those any time soon, scalpers are most likely already updating their bots for those too.

I don't think NVIDIA has sold more than 10K cards in North America total across all retail sources.

That wouldn't surprise me since they admitted to starting production sometime in August.

They anticipated the greatest demand ever.... and delivered the same low supply at launch as usual. But no one could have foreseen the ACTUAL huge demand!
I don't think that this small of an inventory has been delivered in the last decade at any launch. I am really starting to question how many we will see show up in the next three weeks. Interestingly, NV has bought the VRAM to deliver a huge amount more than has made it to market. So they are either sitting on inventories now (for reasons), or there was a huge problem somewhere in the supply chain.

So my Cyberpower shitbox 10900k/3080/1TB/16GB for $1899 ($1720 after 10% off bday coupon) came in. Even the $1899 seemed suspiciously low. It was the last day to use my coupon and said screw it.

Basically what I expected...

Good: it actually has a 10900k and 3080 Ventus; 1TB WD blue nvme.

Everything else is pretty much trash. I am going to replace the PSU with an EVGA 1600 I have sitting around.

Good wire management though.

Attachments

• 56DE9E83-DBEB-4B30-BAF6-2A257A44C3BD.jpeg
    56DE9E83-DBEB-4B30-BAF6-2A257A44C3BD.jpeg
    397.9 KB · Views: 0
So my Cyberpower shitbox 10900k/3080/1TB/16GB for $1899 ($1720 after 10% off bday coupon) came in. Even the $1899 seemed suspiciously low. It was the last day to use my coupon and said screw it.

Everything else is pretty much trash. I am going to replace the PSU with an EVGA 1600 I have sitting around.

They installed the AIO rad upside down.

Nope, its in there right. sucks using it also as the exhaust though.

It’s going in my basement so I planned on having the side panel off anyways. But yeah... that would have been toasty and I imagine not great for an AIOs life otherwise.

Reactions: Mylex
like this

Other than the ketchup & mustard cables, it looks fine to me.

Just came here to laugh at all the fanbois and corporate apologist/loyalist. They don't give an eff about us little guys, the 1 percenters. They pretty much lied to our face and smiled about it. I can only laugh to mask the pain

EVGA has added a queue system to their store.

https://forums.evga.com/New-EVGAcom-Notification-Checkout-Process-m3108092.aspx

We have made some changes to the checkout process for EVGA.com 30 Series orders. Now we are using a queue based notification system.

To sign up, use the notification button on the product you would like to be notified for. For everyone who already used the notify button previously, you are already entered. Once product is available (and it is your turn to purchase), you will receive a secure email that will allow you to purchase the product that you received a notification for. Please note that you have 5 hours to place your order, if your order is not complete within 5 hours, the product will be released back into queue system.

Also note that your email address that was used for the notify system MUST MATCH an email that has a registered EVGA account, if an account is not available with that email, you will need to create one before you can purchase.

Also note that this system will be available for US store first and evaluating for other regions.

Thanks
EVGA

Well, hope they send out those emails at a reasonable time of day... imagine getting your purchase email at 2am and the link expiring before you wake up lmao

Well, hope they send out those emails at a reasonable time of day... imagine getting your purchase email at 2am and the link expiring before you wake up lmao

That's pretty much been the way it has been for nearly every notification system I've ever used... lol

EVGA has been dropping cards on their site between 3 PM and 7 PM EDT (aside from launch day) the past couple of weeks. So it should be ok since the queue system is only implemented in the US store for now.

I'm hoping for better, but I wouldn't expect EVGA to be emailing us within the next few weeks to be honest. I bet a LOT of people signed up for those emails. Plus, if they wait 5 hours... could be a slow process.

Don't get me wrong, it's way better than fighting bots, but I think we need to have realistic expectations.

I'm hoping for better, but I wouldn't expect EVGA to be emailing us within the next few weeks to be honest. I bet a LOT of people signed up for those emails. Plus, if they wait 5 hours... could be a slow process.

Don't get me wrong, it's way better than fighting bots, but I think we need to have realistic expectations.

I signed up at 6:01 so while there probably are still quite a few ahead of me I'm willing to bet I'll be in the first few waves. I'm guessing there will be an average of one wave a week.

Back