I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

• Yes

Votes: 74 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 619 89.3%

• Total voters
I am only so mad because stupid walmart sent my 2060 by Fedex and it's stranded at their useless Tracy, CA location so instead of coming today will come on Sat (if that, Fedex sucks big time these days)...putting me further back in the step up queue. They (walmart) offered a 20% discount as compensation so I guess that is something a 2060 for 254+tax isn't a bad deal (half a 3070/2080 ti for half the price seems right) if Fedex can get it here anytime soon.

Its false notifications, they arent actually in stock at newegg. Website glitching.

I can verify this - if you make a notification for the actual product site itself, it will never show Add to Cart even though the search page does.

I'm guessing this is gonna be one of those $850 cards...hmm. May still try to get one, I dunno.

Yes it's $850. It's got an 1845mhz base clock but still only 2x 8 pin power so not much OC headroom I imagine. It's got a huge cooler on it, dual BIOS, fancy LEDs and an LCD screen on the side.

Edit:. Crazy I think it's almost a 4 slot card at 70mm thick.

cFa096qRD8tDtXka2WgMeEK_0bpUT3EG8DpSHA4G4Us.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the new Gigabyte cards are being added to inventory, might be a good back order option for sites that allow it. The Aorus Master has 3x HDMI 2.1 and 3x DP 1.4a so good for those needing multiple HDMI.

yes but does it have the same cheap 6x sp-cap array as the rest of the gigabyte lineup? I mean even the gigabyte 3090 had all cheap caps!

yes but does it have the same cheap 6x sp-cap array as the rest of the gigabyte lineup? I mean even the gigabyte 3090 had all cheap caps!

Dunno, have to wait for reviews on that one unfortunately.

it's the other way round, the sp-caps are more expensive, the other ones are more expensive to add on the board due to them beeing so small and needing a lot more of them.

LOL a 4% rate out of all the people here. I figured this was going to happen.

Bot? How did you get two?! :(
I posted in the other thread in the [H]otDeals forum, I used ApplePay to purchase the cards from Newegg. 1 step, takes 2 seconds to order a card. Its the only way to beat the bots.

I used Distill for notifications. Newegg is set to random intervals 60-90 seconds to avoid the 30 minutes timeouts.

What's your next move exlink ?
Going to decide over the next couple days while its coming in which one I'm keeping. If I keep the 3090 I have a friend that will take the 3080 off my hands. If I go with the 3080 then I will likely sell/return the 3090. Unfortunately, the 3090 is a huge chunk of change so if I sell it it would only be to a very long-time and trust-worthy member of [H] or sell it locally for cash. A $1650 GPU isn't something that I'd take a chance on with just anyone (and yes, I'd sell at cost + shipping).

The ASUS 3090 is pretty much the best card to have at the moment since it has 2x HDMI 2.1 ports, 60x MLCC capacitors (is that still a concern even?), and the TUF already has a waterblock from EKWB available (which is huge for me since I wouldn't have to wait long to WC my card). Not to mention I got it for $70 off of MSRP with Newegg's Promo so I only paid $1530 for it before tax and shipping.

So while I would normally lean towards the 3080 all day, this is the creme of the crop 3090 that might change my mind.

Shut up mister "I just bought two cards", let us peasants dream. :p
Haha - just want to level expectations since there is a very high chance the cards will sell out in seconds just like they did tonight. Demand still far outweighs suppy at this time.

I'm actively trying to give out as many tips as I can to get a card. Want to help you all out as much as possible without botting a card lol.

I'm really surprised to see a high-end Ampere AIB card with only 2x 8-pin connectors. Maybe they're keeping that for the Xtreme whenever that comes out.

On reddit the Gigabyte rep said the Extreme will have 3 power connectors. He said the master is meant for people that don't tweak a ton and want good out of the box performance with all the bells and whistles and the Xtreme is meant for the hardcore overclockers.

I ordered a gigabyte eagle the 27th and a evga rtx 3080 xc3 ultra tonight. I get the evga weds, the gigabyte is scheduled for the 11th. My local friend is happy as hell. I’m keeping the evga and he’s getting the eagle

I got stuck on "checking out" after clicking on add to card at Nvidia's site. By the time I got the page to load cart said empty. Good grief this is like the 50th time I've clicked on a card at various stores to add to cart and got nothing.

Back