I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

• Yes

Votes: 74 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 619 89.3%

• Total voters
The evga site, best buy and newegg all crashed at 9:01 for me. I was hoping newegg would update the 3080 at the same time as in stock and I could sneak a order in but nope, that didn't happen

I saw stock for about a minute before the site crashed here in Canada, but couldn't bring myself to pay that much. I'll just wait for a 3080.

It was possible to get one, they lasted longer than the 3080 did that's for sure. I was watching like imagine that, the $1700 cards are in stock then they all showed OOS

Managed to get an FE 3080 last night directly from NVIDIA thanks to amazing timing on my part and using a bot to auto add the card to my cart and start the checkout process.

Last edited:
Evga for fighting bots at the moment, hahahahaha
Screenshot (22).png

Managed to get an FE 3080 last night directly from NVIDIA thanks to amazing timing on my part and using a bot to auto add the card to my cart and start the checkout process.

Keeping or selling?

Well my local Microcenter says they have 16 3090s (they only had 12 3080s!) in stock and I just got back from checking out the line. There were a solid 25-30 people in line, I didn't even park just slowed down thru the parking lot and came right back home.

Before I left I had tried Amazon - nothing came up in searches?, Newegg - went out of stock instantly from "coming soon", EVGA - site shit the bed, Best Buy - had 3 different cards in my cart and when I went to check out they had sold out or an error occurred.

Oh well.

Almost got a 3080FE from Nvidia around midnight as well, all manually too, no bots and not even a Distill alert, just pure luck of checking the page at the right time. Everything went smoothly until the antifraud on my credit card kicked in when paying... by the time I handled it, the stock was gone and it wouldn't let me finish the transaction. Ohh well, might be for the best if all those crashing reports points to more generalize problems.

Best Buy had the Gigabyte model in stock this morning. I don't know how many they had, but they were all gone within 2 minutes.
Seems like bots are still working hard.

Yeah I’ve pretty much given up for now. The cards at Best Buy sold out so fast

I wouldn't even consider a 3080 until we see the AMD offering. I might still wind up with a 3080 but there is a chance that the AMD card is better. But congrats to those who beat the bots!!

Can't seem to find anything in Europe, some cards have an estimated arrival date of november 30th, at best early october for some of the less exotic cards like the TUF or the MSI gaming X cards, this all reminds me of the 2080 launch, they were also nowhere to be found.

So i ordered a 3080 direct from amazon on launch day. 1 week later it still has not updated and I have not been charged for it... I chatted with them and they gave me a BS story about it being available right up till my order completed and then they had no stock to fulfill my order.... I told them they effectively sold me a pre order and that it was bait and switch.. I would have expected something like this from third party seller but this is amazon direct seller. So now i am stuck with no ETA and i could have placed a pre order locally last week at memory express . Thanks Amazon!

So i ordered a 3080 direct from amazon on launch day. 1 week later it still has not updated and I have not been charged for it... I chatted with them and they gave me a BS story about it being available right up till my order completed and then they had no stock to fulfill my order.... I told them they effectively sold me a pre order and that it was bait and switch.. I would have expected something like this from third party seller but this is amazon direct seller. So now i am stuck with no ETA and i could have placed a pre order locally last week at memory express . Thanks Amazon!

Cancel the Amazon order and try getting the FE off nvidias website. They have stock daily at around midnight pst.

Cancel the Amazon order and try getting the FE off nvidias website. They have stock daily at around midnight pst.

At this point i am thinking of canceling it and either getting a FTW3 pre order locally or just saying F it and waiting to see what AMD brings to the table. The card model is ventus and while there has not been any actual reviews the ones by average joes on youtube do not point to very good thermals despite it having an impressively large heatsink. I run my cards hard 24/7 so i don't want something that is barely able to keep under 80c.

Must be nice to be able to pre order. I haven’t seen a single card with a pre order option. I wish nvidia would let people do phone pre orders so we could actually get a fucking card.

Midnight PST - at least it coincides with fantasy football waivers on the East Coast lol.

Must be nice to be able to pre order. I haven’t seen a single card with a pre order option. I wish nvidia would let people do phone pre orders so we could actually get a fucking card.

The pre order is fully pay up front and there is no option to return or change your mind. Guess i better pick what i want if I go that route.

The pre order is fully pay up front and there is no option to return or change your mind. Guess i better pick what i want if I go that route.

I’d gladly pay cash up front if I was guaranteed a card in a decent time frame

I find it strange the Mindfactory.de has no RTX3xxx cards listed at all seeing they are one of the bigger retailers in Germany, they must not be expacting stock anytime soon, seems Europe is an afterthought atm when it comes to graphics cards.

Agreed about people saying this has been a botched launch so far. Also this is in...hehe...from Amazon...HA...the 3rd partty...HAHA...sellers...heheHAHA...are at it again! They are offering an MSI RTX 3080 Ventus III OC for...heheHAHA...$3000! While I'm laughing now I am also crying inside because...somebody will likely buy it before lunch time on the Pacific coast! That's what's happened with the last 3 3rd party sellers and the RTX 3080 I've witnessed and while none of us here would buy it we need to get the word out to the world (in other words tell everybody you know): don't buy from ebay or Amazon 3rd party vendors. Leave those listings alone. Out!

I guess I'm just waiting for the 3070 or even the 3060...I don't care about 4k gaming at all. 1440p for 1st person shooters and my 55 inch for 1080p 3rd person and side scrollers.. jus finished jedi fallen order and played great on my 4690k & 970gtx @1080p settings high. Gtav & Re3remake as well played great. Jus finished ori blind forest which played perfectly on my system. Onto death gambit which also plays perfectly. Then the new ori, hype light drifter, blasphemous, and streets of rage 4.. by the time I'm done with those games we should have a steady amount of 3060s and hear what amd is doing lol. not many good new 1st person games to play besides cyberpunk in nov anyways even if that turns out delivering on hype.... also I don't need to play the latest and greatest single player game the moment it launches.. if it's a good game it'll be good 5 yrs from now & way cheaper ...not sure why everyone goes crazy over these cards..

Last edited:
People with good 2080 Tis def. don't 'need' these cards for another year...probably true in most cases for 2080/2070 owners as well. 2080 Tis should max out most things for a while. And next gen consoles are at 2070S levels in terms of graphics, with significant improvements to disk and memory subsystems.

Last edited:
Welp I got a rtx 3080 evga xc3 card in the mail. Had to send my buddy money in Massachusetts to get me the card from microcenter and mail it to me.
Sucks to have to pay the shipping costs but it is what it is.
Let us know how you like it. I have one on order with Amazon.

How the hell did you pull that off? I’ve been trying there since launch day and haven’t been able to get one
After I finished posting in the Ampere thread in the HotDeals section I tabbed over to Amazon page, refreshed, and saw it was available. Placed an order with 1 click buy and 5 seconds later was OOS already. So essentially, dumb luck.

Back