I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

• Yes

Votes: 74 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 619 89.3%

• Total voters
MSI Gaming X Trio was in stock at Newegg, added it to my cart, put in my payment info, confirmed purchase and the goddamned site errored out!

EDIT: Now I can't even view my carts or purchase history.

Same thing just happened to me man. I tried it on the website and the app

Newegg crashed entirely on that MSI card. It just came back up, my cart had a card in it... again. Until I tried to check out. Then it didn't. Again.

I couldn’t even sign into newegg, not going to bother with that hot mess lol.

Yep it is insanity and why do I even need it lol? In most scenarios it's a 20% delta between an OC'd 2080 ti and these cards. Yes there are some outliers where it is much higher but I am ok with Doom at 110 fps on my 38" ultrawide vs 150 fps on the 3080. And yet I have C4C windows running in the background lol.

Just saw the 'Gaming X Trio' 3080 instock on newegg, made it as far as adding it to my cart, then being told the item was no longer instock.

Crazy to see something other then 'View details' or 'Auto-Notify'.

Yep it is insanity and why do I even need it lol? In most scenarios it's a 20% delta between an OC'd 2080 ti and these cards. Yes there are some outliers where it is much higher but I am ok with Doom at 110 fps on my 38" ultrawide vs 150 fps on the 3080. And yet I have C4C windows running in the background lol.

If you're using 1440p or 1080p then the delta shrinks to 10-20% max which is nothing. I sold my 2080 Ti but then right afterwards I was like, "shit I should've just kept it and waited for Hopper" because Ampere is such a shit show. First there's inventory issues and then people are reporting the cards beeping constantly on boot and others are having issues in Warzone with stuttering and frametimes. Just all around shit.

If you're using 1440p or 1080p then the delta shrinks to 10-20% max which is nothing. I sold my 2080 Ti but then right afterwards I was like, "shit I should've just kept it and waited for Hopper" because Ampere is such a shit show. First there's inventory issues and then people are reporting the cards beeping constantly on boot and others are having issues in Warzone with stuttering and frametimes. Just all around shit.

AMD will sell ya something or you can buy a console?

I got an order in for EVGA Black via Newegg just now - we'll see if it ships. Happy to just have even been able to order anything at all.

Just kidding, they cancelled my order after the fact. Thanks Newegg. :rolleyes:

Pics like this make me sad. FE/refs are always the worst coolers... why torture yourself over and over...
One day this guy is going to pop an AIB card into his rig and be like "why didnt i do this sooner?"

https://i.redd.it/1ri38plhsro51.jpg

if you ask WHY the response is always the same, "because the ref card is so pretty".
i can only forgive this for custom loops.

Pics like this make me sad. FE/refs are always the worst coolers... why torture yourself over and over...
One day this guy is going to pop an AIB card into his rig and be like "why didnt i do this sooner?

if you say anything the response is always the same, "because the ref card is so pretty".

He could be using it to save slot spaces since FE's are compact relative to AIB.

One day this guy is going to pop an AIB card into his rig and be like "why didnt i do this sooner?"

if you ask WHY the response is always the same, "because the ref card is so pretty".
i can only forgive this for custom loops.

Blowers were solid if you ran stock. Any OC at all and it would go to hell in a handbasket though...

If I didn't know any better, eVGA just restocked their 3080 supply at their store...right this minute. How do I know? The entire site is completely down right now! Even their support forums are down. The scalpers must've received eVGA's message about more bot protection and better stability on their site and are now leaving eVGA with...the bird! Out!

If I didn't know any better, eVGA just restocked their 3080 supply at their store...right this minute. How do I know? The entire site is completely down right now! Even their support forums are down. The scalpers must've received eVGA's message about more bot protection and better stability on their site and are now leaving eVGA with...the bird! Out!

It just loaded for me.... everything OoS

Yeah Distill hasn't notified me of any changes to the site... no problem connecting either

Jacob from EVGA confirmed on Twitter that they're just upgrading the site tonight.

https://twitter.com/EVGA_JacobF/status/1308550227620585477?s=20

Jacob from EVGA confirmed on Twitter that they're just upgrading the site tonight.

https://twitter.com/EVGA_JacobF/status/1308550227620585477?s=20

Keanu says, "Whoa!" Thanks for the tip exlink! I think they are preparing for Thursday and the 3090. Also to comment on Bman123's take: if they "disappeared" then it was either botusers/scalpers, David Copperfield or Burt Wonderstone & Anton Marvelton from The Incredible Burt Wonderstone! Hey now...I've got to keep my sense of humor and there's one of the ways I do it. Out!

What sucks is even if there is stock, the websites just crash out instantly and the item is never available. I don't get that. You can't even buy it when it comes in. They really dropped the ball with the amount of cards they had for release.

I don't think it's going to change anytime soon either. When these cards come in, they'll be gone in a second, and that is even if the webpage just doesn't shit the bed. December I think will be best for a chance. Right now people are hawking these things.

I agree but some of us are desperate for HDMI 2.1 to be able to fully utilize our LG screens.

Pny was in stock at best buy. Did anyone get one? Was thinking it was a bad brand since it was in stock went to look up reviews and 5 mins later sold out lol

I agree but some of us are desperate for HDMI 2.1 to be able to fully utilize our LG screens.

Or just to replace the card we sold before launch.

No one even remembers all of us who HAD a 2080 and 2080 Ti and sold them two weeks early like the dutiful tech heads we are so we'd have money in hand to upgrade immediately. You have to move hardware when the industry says move. And the signal was pretty clear to sell. The problem was no one told us the signal to buy would become a synonym for "Zerg rush."

Pny was in stock at best buy. Did anyone get one? Was thinking it was a bad brand since it was in stock went to look up reviews and 5 mins later sold out lol
I didn't see the PNY card but I'm sure I would of bought it if I saw it in stock. I'd like to get a evga card if possible

The amount of browser tabs I have up is crazy. 6 for the PS5 pre order that I wont be able to get and 6 for the 3080 unicorn that I cannot buy because every site friggin crashes when you go to checkout. I've had it in my cart like 4 times today and I have nothing to show for it

I saw it, looked at the card, looked at Add To Cart looked back at the card, it is just plain too ugly.

I've lost too much interest on the 3080 10G, rather get something with more ram, needs to be two slot. Will probably wait for RNDA2 cards to decide one way or another. The 3090 is more interesting but for that amount of money I will want to know everything about it and then some. Definitely will not be a 2 slot card either. Meaning I will probably end up with an AMD card since those too maybe out of stock for awhile.

Hey guys if you find cards ugly. Please still order. I will gladly take it off your hands.
$749 plus 7% sales tax in my County, $801 plus shipping with insurance -> Would not be worth it, just wait a few days or weeks and get it cheaper is my recommendations.

Well I just had a MSI Gaming x trio in my cart for the 4th time today. Went to check out on paypal and it's OOS. How TF is it gone in under 2 minutes
I'm over this shit for today, I'm going to bed. Good luck on your search everyone, hopefully you get a card

Back