I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

• Yes

Votes: 74 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 619 89.3%

• Total voters
Online retailers here in Scandinavia (Proshop, komplett, Elgiganten) are doing things a bit differently as you can still order any RTX 3080 after which you will be added to the queue. Well, Komplett stopped taking orders the other day which was probably wise. Elgigaten is kinda shady as they state that they have 100+ in stock online, which is a lie. You will get added to the queue and they note that delivery can take up to two months. Proshop states that they have no clue as to when they will be able to fulfill the orders, andthey have many customers that saw a card as being in stock on launch day, put it in the cart, and their order looked as it was going through, but the website went bonkers with the crazy demand so a ton of us was basically doing a pre-order. I guess it is better than the F5 drill.

Congrats! Where did you order from?
Newegg. They accidentally put the card up on sale at 9 PM EST on September 16th (the night before) and I ordered it. They cancelled most orders from what I read on Reddit but for some reason mine never was.

Going to keep it unopened over the next 30 days while I figure out if I want to keep it or not, and wait for any further information regarding 20GB variants or Big Navi news. I also have an EVGA 3080 FTW3 on backorder from Adorama that I'd much prefer as it seems like there will be more waterblock options for the FTW3 compared to the Gaming Trio X.

I just wanted to have a 3080 by mid-November for CyberPunk 2077. So securing one early is nice and gives me a couple months to find a better option if I come across it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just a heads up, this is the second 3080 that Amazon has listed this morning in the past couple hours. Might be more coming throughout the day.

Also, don't forget...later this week eVGA themselves will likely have stock of their 5 card models (XC3 Gaming, XC3 Ultra, XC3 Black, FTW3 Gaming and FTW3 Ultra) sometime this week. Out!

Managed to see it listed on Amazon but would not add to cart.
I highly recommend setting up your 1 click buy now in Amazon if you haven't already. Completely skips the checkout process and gives you a much better chance at getting one.

I highly recommend setting up your 1 click buy now in Amazon if you haven't already. Completely skips the checkout process and gives you a much better chance at getting one.

Im not that committed with bigger VRAM and Big Navi cards coming.

I mean...its also just a convenient feature to have when doing any shopping on Amazon. But okay, you do you.

Nah that would cause too many "accidents" buying stuff on Amazon. It's already dangerous as is.

Now, the question is...when does EVGA start the 90 day step-up timeframe? Technically they say its from the date of purchase. But if you have to wait 3 weeks to receive the card does that mean it starts once its actually shipped or from today?

Now, the question is...when does EVGA start the 90 day step-up timeframe? Technically they say its from the date of purchase. But if you have to wait 3 weeks to receive the card does that mean it starts once its actually shipped or from today?
From the date of purchase that is listed on the invoice that you have to upload, per https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

And you might have to purchase an extended warranty if you didn't get to register your card within that initial 14 day window.

From the date of purchase that is listed on the invoice that you have to upload, per https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

And you might have to purchase an extended warranty if you didn't get to register your card within that initial 14 day window.
Hmm that's an interesting predicament as the current timeframe of the purchase date to ship date (anticipated) for this Amazon order is 24 days. There has to be some sort of exception if the delivery date is far after the purchase date. Might need to talk to customer service.

EDIT: Just spoke with EVGA Customer Support and the timer starts from the purchase date no exceptions. He said the only way to get around it is if you purchase the +2 year (5 total years) extended warranty for $30 in the first 90 days. Then that re-opens up the Step-Up option for those first 90 days.

You can see that exception on this page: https://www.evga.com/warranty/extended/

"The Extended Warranty will allow the option to Step-Up the product1 that it was purchased on, for the first 90 days from the products purchase date. If a Step-up is processed then your Extended Warranty will automatically transfer to the new product at the completion of the Step-up request."

Last edited:
Newegg. They accidentally put the card up on sale at 9 PM EST on September 16th (the night before) and I ordered it. They cancelled most orders from what I read on Reddit but for some reason mine never was.

Going to keep it unopened over the next 30 days while I figure out if I want to keep it or not, and wait for any further information regarding 20GB variants or Big Navi news. I also have an EVGA 3080 FTW3 on backorder from Adorama that I'd much prefer as it seems like there will be more waterblock options for the FTW3 compared to the Gaming Trio X.

I just wanted to have a 3080 by mid-November for CyberPunk 2077. So securing one early is nice and gives me a couple months to find a better option if I come across it.
You can resell it but the item is non returnable on newegg, just fyi.

You can resell it but the item is non returnable on newegg, just fyi.
Definitely returnable. Most unopened items are returnable for a refund at Newegg. I even double checked and am able to process a return through Newegg if I did end up deciding to go that route.

If it was opened then I wouldn’t be able to return it for a refund or replacement.

Definitely returnable. Most unopened items are returnable for a refund at Newegg. I even double checked and am able to process a return through Newegg if I did end up deciding to go that route.

If it was opened then I wouldn’t be able to return it for a refund or replacement.
Interesting I don't buy much from them anymore and always though non-returnable meant just that. All 3080s listed are non-returnable fwiw per site.

newegg just had evga in stock for precisely 2 minutes.
i was feeding my dog and got back just in time to see them disappear.

6:15 PM again, btw

They must have added them one by one because I just got one after your message.

Damn it I couldn’t check out quick enough the site froze and by the time I got to payment it was gone

My first attempt failed because my credit card info was old and by the time I hit submit it was removed from the cart. Then after 30 seconds of adding and removing invalid cards to my cart one finally had a price and I was able to order.

I got an order in for EVGA Black via Newegg just now - we'll see if it ships. Happy to just have even been able to order anything at all.

I saw the Add to Cart button but when I tried adding it I got the error we all know and love then the Add to Cart button went away when going back to the store page.

I guess it's just newegg.ca, still has Gigabyte in stock. I assumed it was shared inventory because it ships from US.

Just managed to snag an EVGA 3080 XC3 Black from Newegg about 30 min ago... wanted a better model but having a low end 3080 at 699 is better than not having one.

I was able to order the black as well, kinda cheap that it doesn't include the backplate but it will do. Still might try and get a TUF though if I see one in the next few days.

I would like to take this moment to really righteously rant about Newegg's cart. I had THREE different chances at a card over the last hour, checked out in SECONDS, and after I put my card security code in at lightning speed THEN it tells me there's no card. I mean, for @$#@ sake Newegg, if the item is in the cart leave it there for 30 seconds. This is just some kind of evil hazing or something. I even had to cancel an order that had a combo item with it, because the card was showing there but after I checked out it only had the power supply on it and not the card even though it looked fine at checkout. Really BS.

This is annoying as hell. Maybe the scalpers will leave the 3080 alone long enough for us to get one when the 3090 releases

Back