I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

• Yes

Votes: 74 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 619 89.3%

• Total voters
Placed a pre-order for the Zotac on amazon..will cancel unless it's the only option I get for a while. Really wanted the Gigabyte Eagle with the 2x HDMI 2.1 ports. The Zotac seems blah and a bit overpriced at 729.99....plus after 2080 ti fan issue with Zotac not excited about giving them more business.

Im not gonna lie. Its kind of hilarious and pathetic at the same time watching people act like feining heroin addicts over not getting one of these cards.

It's because they feel incomplete without it... :ROFLMAO: Apple's iPhone price hikes curved the iPhone addict's appetite to upgrade every year... Wait, they started giving them an Apple credit card :ROFLMAO: Never mind then...

Im not gonna lie. Its kind of hilarious and pathetic at the same time watching people act like feining heroin addicts over not getting one of these cards.

I'm here tryin' to get any card I can with a 1080 where I see people on here with 2080 Tis complaining about not being able to get the exact card they wanted, but they still got one. :rolleyes:

Reactions: STEM
like this
Y'all can jump on the first batches and forget about the thermal issues (and some fires) the first batches of the 2080ti cards had back in 2018....

I'll wait a few weeks :)

He talks about supply at 15:40. Says AIBs told him (off record) supply is the same or more as past launches.

sorry at this point I do not believe these content creators. They are being spoon fed this information. So many places had no to little stock. Some retail stores had as many as 2. Nvidia is exploiting there monopoly by running a paper launch manufacturing fake "shortages" so they can jack up the price and pretend they are selling a $699 card when in reality the AIB will be more along the lines of $800. Since the reviews are out and people will always go back to the reviews of an amazing card for 699. So now AIB can jack up the prices and nvidia can blame "demand" and a shortage. They are literally trying to recreate the mining craze by faking a shortage.

Bounce Alerts apparently had an API tie directly to Nvidia’s site through Microsoft Digital River that allowed them to order everything before the nvidia web site ever showed anything available for sale to human consumers. Since it was done at that level any website quantity limits weren’t in effect. This holistic scoop up all happened in seconds. Bounce Alerts has confirmed as much. Unfortunately for the rest of us - those twitter pics are very likely quite legitimate. What’s more only the idiots would post that on Twitter. Rest assured the majority of people who made out like bandits with the huge quantities weren’t posting their mechanisms on twitter for anyone to see. That’s be like a thief posting their haul on twitter for the cops to see. You know the majority of users with these means were face palming when the newbs were broadcasting their success.

Now If nvidia actually cancels those orders is the real question at hand.

Interesting you bring this up about nVIDIA's online store Archaea and how BounceAlerts seem to post some kind of shortcut to buy the cards from there. Based on what happened at Amazon and the account I mentioned here yesterday...I wonder if another bot company whose product played a role in the botting did the same or similar for Amazon involving their overall stock of all their cards? The 3 things I can point out there from my experience that make it probable:

1. Refreshed the page for my card at 6:00:00am exactly and at 6:00:01am still read "Currently Unavailable". Read that all day yesterday on all cards with no change to status
2. Stock notification email I signed up never arrived.
3. NowInStock's status for all Amazon 3080 product stayed Out of Stock all day with no change.

Also, I pose this question: has anyone here been able to get a 3080 (any of them) from Amazon.com since 6:00:01am Pacific time yesterday? Out!

I wouldn't put any faith in the NowInStock reports anymore. The PS5 one never did update anything at all yesterday. That's in spite of basically every single retailer adding more and them selling out. The real info on that site is the discussion below. People are shockingly helpful and truthful there. Almost to a fault. I'd scan that chat for the nitty gritty.

The GPU gods smiled upon me and I managed to order a Founders 3080 at 11:01am EST yesterday, anyone else? Just waiting on it to ship, (free shipping)
Not quite that late, but I rolled in at ~8am PST and got one. I noted the cards would sporadically show as in stock after I checked out. I hope this was them cancelling bot orders and adding inventory back to the available stock.

Not quite that late, but I rolled in at ~8am PST and got one. I noted the cards would sporadically show as in stock after I checked out. I hope this was them cancelling bot orders and adding inventory back to the available stock.
Has yours shipped? The last couple Nvidia GPU launches shipped same day for me, guess I'm a bit worried about it being cancelled. But then again I bought it legitimately so I'm probably worrying for nothing

Has yours shipped? The last couple Nvidia GPU launches shipped same day for me, guess I'm a bit worried about it being cancelled. But then again I bought it legitimately so I'm probably worrying for nothing
Not yet, but my card got charged and I got the final order confirmation just before midnight last night. The long amount of time it took them to both charge and confirm my order does lend some credibility to their statement that they are manually review orders IMO.

Had another fun round of Charlie Brown and the football with Best Buy a few minutes ago...it is in my cart, this time they will let me check out...nope..oh wait I added it to my cart...they will let me checkout this time...nope...it is kind of fun, but they move the damn football every time. I am not upset about any of it at this point. It is kind of like Bigfoot hunting. Maybe they do exist...and I will get one.

sorry at this point I do not believe these content creators. They are being spoon fed this information. So many places had no to little stock. Some retail stores had as many as 2. Nvidia is exploiting there monopoly by running a paper launch manufacturing fake "shortages" so they can jack up the price and pretend they are selling a $699 card when in reality the AIB will be more along the lines of $800. Since the reviews are out and people will always go back to the reviews of an amazing card for 699. So now AIB can jack up the prices and nvidia can blame "demand" and a shortage. They are literally trying to recreate the mining craze by faking a shortage.

Wait, you don't believe the content creators, but you do because you are buying what MLID is selling. SMDH.

For what it's worth, any issues with Best Buy were likely compounded by the simultaneous PS5 pre-buy. There were a gazillion people hammering F5 on their site that morning that couldn't have cared less about the 3080.

Just delivered! Probably install it tonight.
1600459889027.png

Interesting you bring this up about nVIDIA's online store Archaea and how BounceAlerts seem to post some kind of shortcut to buy the cards from there. Based on what happened at Amazon and the account I mentioned here yesterday...I wonder if another bot company whose product played a role in the botting did the same or similar for Amazon involving their overall stock of all their cards? The 3 things I can point out there from my experience that make it probable:

1. Refreshed the page for my card at 6:00:00am exactly and at 6:00:01am still read "Currently Unavailable". Read that all day yesterday on all cards with no change to status
2. Stock notification email I signed up never arrived.
3. NowInStock's status for all Amazon 3080 product stayed Out of Stock all day with no change.

Also, I pose this question: has anyone here been able to get a 3080 (any of them) from Amazon.com since 6:00:01am Pacific time yesterday? Out!
That explains it and also someone just using python/selenium automation scripts would be SOL as well: it will speed up the checkout process to less than a sec but won't bypass the website. You'd need to have the API hook as well to replicate this...not sure how complicated that would be.

Wait, you don't believe the content creators, but you do because you are buying what MLID is selling. SMDH.
Actually this was my own determination before I even knew about MLID took me a minute to figure out who you are talking about. It became obvious to me things were not right when retail stores have 0 to little stock. Then all of a sudden Asus Tuf are now retailing for $799 and other manufactures are offering "rebates" to bring the base card prices to 699? Also the way the 2080 series was priced compared to the 10 series. It doesn't take a genius to see what they are trying to do. But hey if they start restocking cards at MSRP and there are plenty in stock for people to buy this was just a launch day flub then I will stand corrected.

Not yet, but my card got charged and I got the final order confirmation just before midnight last night. The long amount of time it took them to both charge and confirm my order does lend some credibility to their statement that they are manually review orders IMO.
Annnnd Shipped.
Scheduled delivery:
Monday 9/21/2020 by 4:30 pm

nVidia finally has bot preventing measure. I just got myself denied access to nvidia.com after I pressed F5 consecutively (out of frustration) 5~6 times.:cool:
Screenshot 2020-09-18 145351.jpg

Lucky stiff. I have auto notifys on a few sites. Looking to get my hands on a 3090 whenever they show up.
Not a single auto notify fired for me, I'm not sure how useful they will be for the 3090s.
I will eventually get a hybrid 3090, but I have no idea how far after launch EVGA will release them.

Lads, let's nt forget how auto notify werks and how email werks. It isn't something instant. Even if it were, there is certain delay until that email shows up in your inbox. Even worse for mobile, because it checks every so often.

Now if you upgraded to chiral network, well lads, things would be a whole lot differe t.
Lol someone really likes Death Stranding..

Lads, let's nt forget how auto notify werks and how email werks. It isn't something instant. Even if it were, there is certain delay until that email shows up in your inbox. Even worse for mobile, because it checks every so often.

Now if you upgraded to chiral network, well lads, things would be a whole lot differe t.

It'd be the world's first strand type notification.

:( for all of us who were lifted up in hope only to be dashed on the cruel rocks of the fake launch.

It's okay. I'm sure the AIBs and NV are producing them as fast as Samsung and Micron deliver crucial components. Samsung might be flooding the pipeline with the ASIC, but Micron might be stinking it up with VRAM, or vice versa. Just hold tight.

Got one from Micro center yesterday. Haven't even opened it yet because I'm contemplating on selling and trying to get my hands on a 3090!
IMG_20200918_210311.jpg

Back