I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

• Yes

Votes: 74 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 619 89.3%

• Total voters
What does NVidia do though to correct this problem? We're about a week away from the 3090 launch, and I'd rather not have what happened today occur then too.
They'll just put out a similarly worded tweet after the 3090 launch. They don't care who gets their cards as long as the money from the cards ends up in their pockets.

The common theme in all of those tweets are people "thanking" BounceAlerts, which seems sus because many of those tweets are using that same boilerplate message.
I'm curious how many of these were actually scooped up by bots or if BounceAlerts is having people advertise their company and use this a marketing ploy.

I was hoping that the RTX 3090 would happen since most people are going for the 3080, but I'll bet the same scalping bots will buy all those too.

I just pre-ordered a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Eagle OC.. Apparently it will ship on the 23rd *fingers crossed!*

Was $1375 NZ

So close.

3080almost.png

Got the same on the Black and Ultra. Ultra went as far as clicking the confirm order at the very end.
I actually added and removed to cart multiple times, re-logged in, etc. The Black was up for at least 5 minutes.
Unfortunately I have to paste in THREE gift cards... So yeah I'm out of the running lol.

At least we know Newegg is continuously adding stock. I heard they are rolling out cards in waves instead of all at once.

I also had one of their targeted 10% off coupons but it expired before the cards went up. I'm gonna click around their site and try for another one.

Got the same on the Black and Ultra. Ultra went as far as clicking the confirm order at the very end.

The thing is it should let you hold 1 item in cart for 2-3 minutes before it's auto released. Dell Outlet does this and it works really well on their website so I'm surprised these mega e-tailers haven't figured that out yet.

Also as a PSA the Black does include Watch Dogs 3 even though it's not on the page, it was on my cart. That's with the $30 coupon.

Nvidia.com said they are manually reviewing each order.

That would be huge if they actually did that. That would be a big olive branch to the enthusiast community as they've kinda got the reputation of being cold blooded and not really giving a shit about their customers.

I got one and got a confirmation email and charged. Not founders tho. That shit was a joke. Some guys who are good at breaking down code saw nvidias website never even had the backend done to bring the product ID to digital river.

All the praise they garnered the last 2 weeks. Totally out the window.

I got my PS5 pre-order to go thru a little bit ago, I'm not too worried about a 3080 anymore, if I can grab one ok I guess, but fuck nVidia man lol.

That would be huge if they actually did that. That would be a big olive branch to the enthusiast community as they've kinda got the reputation of being cold blooded and not really giving a shit about their customers.

‘“To stop bots and scalpers on the Nvidia store, we’re doing everything humanly possible, including manually reviewing orders, to get these cards in the hands of legitimate customers,” the company said while adding: “We apologize to our customers for this morning's experience.”‘

https://www.pcmag.com/news/nvidia-is-manually-reviewing-rtx-3080-orders-to-stop-scalpers

Really wanted an FE, failed and was so angry I went about my day normally.

Will sit on my 2070 Super I guess. FE was the only version I was ready to F5 for.

Any legitimacy to that Bounce account that apparently had a bot buying up 40+ at a time for flippers?

I’ll try my luck with the 3090 FE, but expect the same disappointment. Training the wife on the methods of F5 for a dual attack lol.

I'm starting to think my estimate of between 25,000 and 100,000 may have been too forgiving on the upper end of the scale...

Will sit on my 2070 Super I guess. FE was the only version I was ready to F5 for.

Any legitimacy to that Bounce account that apparently had a bot buying up 40+ at a time for flippers?

I’ll try my luck with the 3090 FE, but expect the same disappointment. Training the wife on the methods of F5 for a dual attack lol.

I'm also looking for a FE. Keep an eye out. Nvidia claims to be manually going through orders to weed out bots, so it's possible they'll have more stock over the next few days.

Yeah, Bounce Alerts is "legitimate" I think, though I'm no expert on cook groups. It's a $75 monthly fee and provides scripts and other tools to help scalpers via a Discord channel. Think it was originally designed for the sneakerhead community.

I will wait till after I have my 3090 FE before I sell or donate my TITAN V. It might have been the last video card reviewed by HardOCP.
I need FE to expel heat outside the back of a SIlverstone SG-14 case.
I am glad the 20 series was my skip series.

I did not buy a 3080 today, by choice...a 3080 with 20GB VRAM is most assuredly coming sooner rather then later and me thinks the people who bought the 10GB variants are going to have a bit of buyer's remorse

The common theme in all of those tweets are people "thanking" BounceAlerts, which seems sus because many of those tweets are using that same boilerplate message.
I'm curious how many of these were actually scooped up by bots or if BounceAlerts is having people advertise their company and use this a marketing ploy.

Not sure why people are worrying about the fools that bragged about their botting through tweets, there are legitimate players, think china/russia/crypto that are botting these by the hundreds to thousands and not stupid enough to go on sneaker sites to brag about it. I don't know if any legitimate cards were sold through nvidia.com today. They even said that when they tried to launch the card for sale, they screwed up the process, IE not even available to regular consumers, only bots with scripts could have even placed orders through an automated process that circumvented the websites gating that wasn't available to the f5 crowd today.

I did not buy a 3080 today, by choice...a 3080 with 20GB VRAM is most assuredly coming sooner rather then later and me thinks the people who bought the 10GB variants are going to have a bit of buyer's remorse

Not really remorse but a lot of rationalization will happen. "Well show me how many games REALLY need more than 10 GB? Huh yeah I thought so!".

I have a 2080, so it's not like I'm hurting for a 3080. I feel bad more for those with the 1080's and 980's that would see a crazy performance boost.

I'm also looking for a FE. Keep an eye out. Nvidia claims to be manually going through orders to weed out bots, so it's possible they'll have more stock over the next few days.

Yeah, Bounce Alerts is "legitimate" I think, though I'm no expert on cook groups. It's a $75 monthly fee and provides scripts and other tools to help scalpers via a Discord channel. Think it was originally designed for the sneakerhead community.

I have zero confidence nVidia will do anything to rectify the “situation”, if you can call it that.
They sold out, all good on their end.

Needs to be an option for "maybe". Have two pre-orders in the hopper (Amazon.de and Adorama), so I don't know if I have one or not.

I have zero confidence nVidia will do anything to rectify the “situation”, if you can call it that.
They sold out, all good on their end.

It would be great if they detailed how they discovered who the botters were (not hard I'm sure) and then promptly canceled all of their orders. Easy positive PR win for them.

Back