I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

• Yes

Votes: 74 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 619 89.3%

• Total voters
I got one from Newegg I think, a MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio. Ordered at 9:08 PM EST last night. Credit card was charged at 9:12 PM EST. Status changed from Processing to Packaging at 9:20 PM EST.

A couple hours ago Newegg removed the ability to cancel the order (usually happens when its too far along in the packaging process).

They had pre-orders up? I was not aware they were doing that.

Started 10 minutes early and I could never get the Nvidia site to add a card to my cart and Best Buy just went from "Coming Soon" to "Sold Out" immediately.

Total BS!!!

They had pre-orders up? I was not aware they were doing that.
Nope, it was clearly a mistake. They also had the MSI Ventus up for a brief moment. Most of the orders placed at the time were cancelled, but for some reason mine wasn't. A few others on Reddit also were lucky and one spoke with Newegg who said their order was going to go through. So I'm assuming mine will as well.

Only thing that blows is that I'm probably going to have to wait 1-2+ months for a water block to come out for this card. If I'm able to snag a different card that will have a block out sooner I'll probably just end up selling the MSI 3080 for cost + shipping to someone.

I tried calling the Sharonville/Cinci store. Waited on hold for 45 minutes to see if I have them my CC, if they'd hold it for in-person. I'm just a tad over 2 hours south.

Being a normal MC cc user make friends with management. Exchanging business cards you can have a direct line to someone.

Is anyone suprised? 2080Ti were the same way. When has a high end release from Nvidia not been a paper launch?
From what I recall the 2080 Ti's were available for at least an hour after the announcement/release. The 3080s literally sold out at most website in under 5 minutes.

From what I recall the 2080 Ti's were available for at least an hour after the announcement/release. The 3080s literally sold out at most website in under 5 minutes.

Lol seconds i claim bs on much stock at all. Has anyone claimed they scored a FE card. On nvidia subreddit not one person has claimed to score a FE card

What kind of a launch was this? I feel bad for you guys truly. Did Nvidia purposefully limit stock, or did scalpers just grab all of them up using bots?

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc.../5/398186/rtx-3080-nvidia-store-availability/

Suroosh @ NVIDIA wrote
This morning we saw unprecedented demand for the GeForce RTX 3080 at global retailers, including the NVIDIA online store. At 6 a.m. pacific we attempted to push the NVIDIA store live. Despite preparation, the NVIDIA store was inundated with traffic and encountered an error. We were able to resolve the issues and sales began registering normally.

To stop bots and scalpers on the NVIDIA store, we’re doing everything humanly possible, including manually reviewing orders, to get these cards in the hands of legitimate customers.

Over 50 major global retailers had inventory at 6 a.m. pacific. Our NVIDIA team and partners are shipping more RTX 3080 cards every day to retailers.

We apologize to our customers for this morning's experience.

Does anyone know if Amazon (US) actually posted their cards yet? Every single 3080 is "Currently unavailable" but it wouldn't surprise me if they all went out of stock in seconds as well.

Best I could do was get on the auto notify list at EVGA. Probably gonna be a long wait.

evga.png

I was going to try, but didn't realize the time had already come. I am normally an EVGA guy, but I actually really like the FE cards this time around. The eternal wait has commenced.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc.../5/398186/rtx-3080-nvidia-store-availability/

Suroosh @ NVIDIA wrote
This morning we saw unprecedented demand for the GeForce RTX 3080 at global retailers, including the NVIDIA online store. At 6 a.m. pacific we attempted to push the NVIDIA store live. Despite preparation, the NVIDIA store was inundated with traffic and encountered an error. We were able to resolve the issues and sales began registering normally.

To stop bots and scalpers on the NVIDIA store, we’re doing everything humanly possible, including manually reviewing orders, to get these cards in the hands of legitimate customers.

Over 50 major global retailers had inventory at 6 a.m. pacific. Our NVIDIA team and partners are shipping more RTX 3080 cards every day to retailers.

We apologize to our customers for this morning's experience.
Total BS
I was there, the site never flinched and I never saw them in stock.

I had every single card on auto-notify at EVGA, Newegg, Best Buy, NVIDIA, and B&H. I didn't get a single email from ANY of them.
Same. Not a single one.
Compare that to last night and I did get my Best Buy PS5 notification.

I got the Nvidia notice an hour and a bit after the stock went from coming soon to instantly out of stock.

Reactions: Sherk
like this
I tried, because I'm doing a sff build I kind of need an FE to fit.
Best buy went from telling me you can't buy it yet to gone within like a minute.
Nvidia let me try to add one to cart and bombed out halfway through following that up with something functional, to come back to sold out.

So sucks for me. On the up side, I didn't order a lot of parts yet other than the case and some ram on sale. I ahve a feeling I will be seeing what zen3 brings prior to being able to get my hands on an FE card.

I have mine in hand but think I have it sold for $2,000, see if this guy is real. I can wait til the 24th for the 3090.

PXL_20200917_073335153.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20200917_073335153.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20200917_155139832.jpgPXL_20200917_163117766.jpgPXL_20200917_163537805.jpg

I had every single card on auto-notify at EVGA, Newegg, Best Buy, NVIDIA, and B&H. I didn't get a single email from ANY of them.
I should edit my post to: "Probably gonna be a llllllllloooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggggg wait."

I tried, because I'm doing a sff build I kind of need an FE to fit.
Best buy went from telling me you can't buy it yet to gone within like a minute.
Nvidia let me try to add one to cart and bombed out halfway through following that up with something functional, to come back to sold out.

So sucks for me. On the up side, I didn't order a lot of parts yet other than the case and some ram on sale. I ahve a feeling I will be seeing what zen3 brings prior to being able to get my hands on an FE card.
Same here. I can fit a 3080 FE with the case intake fan left intact, all the other 3080s are too long. If I want to remove the intake fan I can then fit up to 320mm in length, but I'd prefer not to. Plus, I eventually want to put a water block on it.

I guess I can hold onto my GTX 1080 for a little while longer. I might try and snag a 3090 FE if those become available before the 3080 FE. It would require removing the intake fan, but I might be able to add a fan underneath to help with airflow until I get a water block on it.

But I, too, am thinking at this point I might see the Zen 3 before an FE card becomes available.

Back