I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

I Bought a RTX 3080 Today!

• Yes

Votes: 74 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 619 89.3%

• Total voters
Seems like they should grandfather in the original price for those already in pre-order queues.

Hoping by the time im ready to get a 3000 series card stocks will be better in 4 months or so

Hoping by the time im ready to get a 3000 series card stocks will be better in 4 months or so

I would think so especially as more variety of cards are available throughout the product segmentation stack.

Best Buy -- you beautiful baby, you! 3070 FE inbound. Fingers crossed. Retail price.

(Can't tell you the tension I'm feeling after madly refreshing, failing multiple times and then just getting incredibly lucky!)

Objectively - this is the STUPIDEST thing I've ever experienced since starting building computers in the 90s.

Best Buy -- you beautiful baby, you! 3070 FE inbound. Fingers crossed. Retail price.

(Can't tell you the tension I'm feeling after madly refreshing, failing multiple times and then just getting incredibly lucky!)

Objectively - this is the STUPIDEST thing I've ever experienced since starting building computers in the 90s.
I managed to score a 3080 FE for MSRP + tax. After getting in the order I ran around my room in excitement.

I've checked, maybe every likely day they have refreshed stocks. Always including in the search bar the 3 cards I'd be interested in: 3070 (settle) and 3080 / 6800xt (prefer). I've seen, and missed out on, multiple drops of NV cards until now. In all that time, with the exception of launch, I have NEVER seen any AMD in stock. I've heard of this unicorn showing its face at BB... but as a dedicated shopper, I have never, not once, seen AMD as 'See Details'

What is maddening - every time I refresh, the MSI / EVGA 3080s I'd like show up as 'See Details'... but then quickly switch to 'Sold Out' like the rest of the cards.

Just snagged a 3090 FE from BestBuy at MSRP. Wanted a 3080, but fuck this shit.

Well done, especially in the current situ.

I also had enough a month ago, after spending 2.5 months in a queue to get a 3080 with no idea what was happening at any point in time.
As soon as someone mentioned 3090 in stock I nabbed the fastest one I could find asap.
ps I'm in the UK, its just as crap here!
I'm sooooooooo happy, wicked card :D

BB still has 3090 for sale -- but there is no way I'm spending $1500 on a video card that isn't light years ahead of the $800 ones. Still - if you are that guy; check out BB

BB still has 3090 for sale -- but there is no way I'm spending $1500 on a video card that isn't light years ahead of the $800 ones. Still - if you are that guy; check out BB
I have it in my cart.

But man, that along with a new PSU and monitor...I'm looking at almost $2500.

edit: I had to type it out for it to click. yea, I'm not dropping that coin. I guess I'll just have to wait. All I want is to bump to 1440.

edit2: 3090 is sold out

Yeah a 3090 is out of my price range. It's nuts how expensive these cards are.
At $10-$12 a day you could figure on paying some it back off pretty quickly. I'm confident this is one of the main reasons there are no cards.
1609869874629.png

At $10-$12 a day you could figure on paying some it back off pretty quickly. I'm confident this is one of the main reasons there are no cards.
View attachment 316134

Interesting, I realize this is why the first gpu shortage happened, i kind of figured this was contributing considering the value of bitcoin right now.

it's not something I've really looked into. Not sure I want to deal with it, but i suppose if the bitcoin client can run in windows I could put or of two of these cards in my plex server.

I had been mulling over buying when this generation sees supply stabilize in either Red or Green camp. I am tapping out with the price hikes and I'll be using the 1080ti for a while longer. This works out since I rarely buy games on release anyway, though I am a sucker for everything on max visuals.

I have it in my cart.

But man, that along with a new PSU and monitor...I'm looking at almost $2500.

edit: I had to type it out for it to click. yea, I'm not dropping that coin. I guess I'll just have to wait. All I want is to bump to 1440.

edit2: 3090 is sold out
I'm with you - looking to score a new monitor this year and those will be expensive asF

The restock was at 7:30 pm, about half an hour ago.

EVGA's 3080 prices went up $60.
3070 +$50.
3060 Ti +$40.

Seems to fluctuate plus or minus $5-10 on some models.
Holy shit I just checked the 3090 XC3 Ultra (GPU I have). It's now $1750 on Newegg. It used to be $1620. The 3090 FTW3 Ultra also went up $130.

Makes me feel good for snagging it for $1460. Thank you Best Buy for the 10% coupon!

Reactions: noko
like this
Prices on EVGA's website have not increased, they have still been sending out queue emails for at least the past 2 days so far. Very odd.

Finally got an Asus Rog STRIX 3080 yesterday. Scalper buddy of mine(Argg), gave him so much crap over last few mths, finally sold me one at cost he grabbed at BB. Let me go pick it up. I gave him an extra 100$ just for hooking a brother up.

Prices on EVGA's website have not increased, they have still been sending out queue emails for at least the past 2 days so far. Very odd.
Apparently EVGA manufacturers their cards in both China and Taiwan. Wondering if they’ve shifted production to Taiwan once the tariff exclusion expired. Could explain why their prices haven’t increased on their store [yet].

Apparently EVGA manufacturers their cards in both China and Taiwan. Wondering if they’ve shifted production to Taiwan once the tariff exclusion expired. Could explain why their prices haven’t increased on their store [yet].
I'm thinking it's more like they don't pull the gas station pricing plan.
As in ; a gas station holds 12,000 to 24,000 gallons, when the price of oil goes up daily, they instantly change the per gallon price, Even though the gasoline was $1 a gallon cheaper yesterday when they filled the tanks.

I really hope that evga will still send me a queue notification for the other products I'm signed up for even after purchasing the 3080 FTW3 Ultra. . . cuz I sent that one to my nephew who spent all day on Christmas (via video call) building his first gaming rig without a decent video card. (sending it away, unopened, pained me, but had to be done!)

I still have entries for XC3 Gaming and Ultras that I'd happily buy and this time keep for myself!

Anyone gotten additional notifications from EVGA after buying the first one that became available?

P.S. My brother reimbursed me for the one I sent to my nephew! I'm not Santa Claus!

I really hope that evga will still send me a queue notification for the other products I'm signed up for even after purchasing the 3080 FTW3 Ultra. . . cuz I sent that one to my nephew who spent all day on Christmas (via video call) building his first gaming rig without a decent video card. (sending it away, unopened, pained me, but had to be done!)

I still have entries for XC3 Gaming and Ultras that I'd happily buy and this time keep for myself!

Anyone gotten additional notifications from EVGA after buying the first one that became available?

P.S. My brother reimbursed me for the one I sent to my nephew! I'm not Santa Claus!
Yes you still get notifications for other ones you signed up for. The limit is 1 per part number.

Yes you still get notifications for other ones you signed up for. The limit is 1 per part number.
Yes. Thank you. Also found the info on the evga forums/site. As well as posts by "enewt" that's tracking the progress of the queues. Thanks!

Of course, I should have checked there first. I'm old and dumb.

I'm pretty sure they just simply aren't making ANY of certain SKUs. For example, I signed up for the 3080 XC3 Gaming (non-ultra) on 9/17 thinking I could save myself $20 and just OC myself. Never got a notify. Joke was on me I guess since it seems like I would have gotten one from the 9/17 "Ultra" queue.

I put in a notify for a 3070 XC3 Ultra on launch day and got a notify around Christmas. Got into the Step Up Queue for a 3080. Maybe 6 months from now I'll get one.

I was never able to even put in a notify for a 3060Ti.

I'm pretty sure they just simply aren't making ANY of certain SKUs. For example, I signed up for the 3080 XC3 Gaming (non-ultra) on 9/17 thinking I could save myself $20 and just OC myself. Never got a notify. Joke was on me I guess since it seems like I would have gotten one from the 9/17 "Ultra" queue.

I put in a notify for a 3070 XC3 Ultra on launch day and got a notify around Christmas. Got into the Step Up Queue for a 3080. Maybe 6 months from now I'll get one.

I was never able to even put in a notify for a 3060Ti.
I signed up for all 3060Ti models over 24h before launch (had to be the first hour if not half hour the product pages went up.) Nothing so far. Took 2 months minus one day for the 3080 XC3U I signed up for a few hours before launch (IIRC).

Back