I bought a HIS 4850. Did I choose the right card?

I wanted a new video card for a while now. With the release of the 4870x2 the price of other cards have dropped significantly. I was looking at Newegg and I couldn't decide on Evga's and BFG's offering of the 8800GT superclocked, 9800GT superclocked. They're like $129 and $140 respectively. At the end I chose to go with a HIS 4850 (512MB) card instead for like $10 more. My question is... Did I make the right decision in choosing this HIS 4850 card? I'm currently running a PNY GeForce 6600 (non GT) so either way this is a huge increase in performance. Let me know what you think.

I bought the same card and just installed it last night. Don't worry, you made the right call. I'm loving my HIS 4850 (& Grid). This is my first time leaving the green camp to go to the red, and so far I'm loving it. Coming from a 7900gt I more than doubled my FPS in COD4 with everything maxed out @ 1680x1050. My only gripe is the temps (especially idle temps... over 70c, yikes!) But I might try the fan fix for now.. or maybe look at some aftermarket coolers.

I still have a hard time believing that I only paid $155 bucks for this card :D

Thanks guys! I really need that reassurance because there is just too many choices to choose from :) I hope it arrive by Friday so that I can try it the new card with the Grid game. I can't wait. I also read that the 4850 does exceptionally well when pair in crossfire mode with another 4850. I guess they upgrade the crossfire link for better performance.

Back