I Bought a 6900 XT Today!

I Bought a 6900 XT Today!

• I bought a Radeon 6900 XT.

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • I tried to buy a 6900 XT and failed.

Votes: 65 22.5%
  • I was going to buy a 6900 XT but the price was too far over MSRP.

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • I did not try to buy a 6900 XT at all.

Votes: 190 65.7%

• Total voters
Ups just left.

20201228_125040.jpg

And there goes the cancellation email from amazon for the 6900xt TUF pre-order. Back to the drawing board.

Managed to grab a Gigabyte 6900xt just before New Years. Somehow everyone at the local store bought out all the 3080's immediately at store opening but there were 6900xt's sitting on the shelf. I haven't seen anything really sit on the shelves lately except maybe a 3090, so I rushed over and bought one since I figured a 6800xt would be impossible to find for awhile. So far performance is good.

Using the snail monitor discord to alert for newegg drops I was able to get a sapphire 6900xt nitro on the way from newegg. I put that order in last night (Monday) and I have a tracking number today. The red devil was my first choice. I consider myself quite lucky to have been able to get the nitro. On air anyway, depending on silicon quality, most of these aib cards clock fairly closely to each other with some like the devil taking the lead.

The 6800xt reference I am currently using, which was obtained via the fairgame bot on amazon, is going to be sold to a friend at cost. I'm now finally done with all this nonsense and have shut off all my automation.

Brief history here:
1. 3090 FE - obtained manually on launch day, sold to a friend at cost
2. 6800 XT - obtained with automation, selling to a friend at cost
3. 6900 XT TUF - obtained manually, pre-order cancelled by amazon
4. 6900 XT Nitro - obtained manually, shipping out today
5. 5600X - obtained with automation, cancelled the order
6. 5800X - obtained with automation, cancelled the order
7. 5950X - obtained with automation, currently installed in this pc

Last edited:

ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 6900 XT $1499.99​

Screenshot 2021-01-07 134014.png

Just happened to randomly be on discord and stock alert pop in.. guess I am pairing my 5600X with this lol.

Now I have to figure out how to incorporate this into my case...

Last edited:
View attachment 316857

Just happened to randomly be on discord and stock alert pop in.. guess I am pairing my 5600X with this lol.

Now I have to figure out how to incorporate this into my case...
Whoah that is spendy....but if it clocks like the 6800XT versions of that card, according to reviews, it should be fast as hell and quiet.

I recently took order on a 6900 xt merc 319 edition, i am loving it so far in all games. Still trying to pair it with a 5900x though. I paid under a 3090 for it.

Attachments

• IMG_4413.JPG
    IMG_4413.JPG
    670.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4414.JPG
    IMG_4414.JPG
    677.5 KB · Views: 0
Post in the overclock thread if you have any timespy graphics test scores you want to share.

I have an asrock phantom 6900xt just ordered from newegg tonight. Selling the nitro+ 6900xt I got last week. The nitro+ works fine, but is not a good overclocker and I want something to play with. Hoping I have better luck with the asrock.

Man I tried my best to get a 6900 XT but only managed to score a 6800 XT instead. The microcenter drops are very hit and miss but that was my best option. I was first in line got in the store and all they had was 6800's that day. 😑

Scooped a reference on Amazon last night at $999. Saw the notification and thought "lol why am I even trying" and was able to check out. Really wanted a 6800xt (currently have a 6800) but I guess with all the crazy price hikes I should be happy with the reference at $999.

Scooped a reference on Amazon last night at $999. Saw the notification and thought "lol why am I even trying" and was able to check out. Really wanted a 6800xt (currently have a 6800) but I guess with all the crazy price hikes I should be happy with the reference at $999.
Well if you decide you still want a 6800 XT shoot me a pm. Maybe we can work something out, I have Sapphire nitro + SE.

Oh, and no joke, this card is humongous and I have barely any clearance in my A540 for its length. Could fit maybe a small cable in between it and the front case fan.

Oh, and no joke, this card is humongous and I have barely any clearance in my A540 for its length. Could fit maybe a small cable in between it and the front case fan.
What PSU are you going to pair it with? I am positive my 750w Seasonic isn't going to cut it.

What PSU are you going to pair it with? I am positive my 750w Seasonic isn't going to cut it.

I don't know about the power color one, but I have an older evga g2 859watt that's running my msi 6900xt fine.

So...dilemma: keep my Nitro+ 6900, or get a Red Devil? They keep popping up, but not sure if it's worth swapping if the OC differences are minimal.

So...dilemma: keep my Nitro+ 6900, or get a Red Devil? They keep popping up, but not sure if it's worth swapping if the OC differences are minimal.
I wanted the Red Devil and will keep trying when/if I see it again and sell off the Nitro +.

I love my 6900xt. Ive owned every pinnacle/halo GPU for ever it feels like now, even owned the 3090 but this 6900xt is just RAW fucking power! Lovin' it

Just wondering if we can all agree on something and that is AMD's back in the saddle on graphics raster performance?! I wanna see this rumored dual 80 CU monster with AFR hoppin.

I just bought an Asus 6900xt from newegg. Then cancelled it because i cant stomach spending 1300 on a video card....1080ti lives on

I just bought an Asus 6900xt from newegg. Then cancelled it because i cant stomach spending 1300 on a video card....1080ti lives on
I get it. Was just over $1,400 myself, and it was tough to pull the trigger. Would have been happy with a 6800xt FE, but none to be had, plus the 3070 I scored in Dec wasn't going to cut it.

How are you guys liking your cards? I have a RTX 3090 in my main rig, but the secondary rig has a 5700 XT. Current card is fine in there, but I kind of want to max performance in a few games at 1600P (it's an older monitor). I was thinking about grabbing another card as soon as I can get one (either RTX or 6800/6900 series) and reselling the 5700 XT on ebay since they've been going for $700. How's the performance? Any major driver issues? (I had the random black screens on my 5700 XT for the longest time).

Back