I Bought a 6900 XT Today!

I Bought a 6900 XT Today!

• I bought a Radeon 6900 XT.

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • I tried to buy a 6900 XT and failed.

Votes: 65 22.5%
  • I was going to buy a 6900 XT but the price was too far over MSRP.

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • I did not try to buy a 6900 XT at all.

Votes: 190 65.7%

• Total voters
What’s the best way to find out the power limit of my 6900 XT?

I have the AsRock Phantom Gaming D with 3x8 Pin power.

https://wccftech.com/asrock-unveils-radeon-rx-6900-xt-phantom-gaming-d-custom-graphics-card/

“From what I can tell, the card seems to feature a 16+3 phase design which is accompanied by high-end power components such as Dr.MOS MOSFETs, 90A Power Chokes, Nichicon 12K capacitors, a 2oz copper PCB and more.”
Welcome aboard
Run tech power up gpuz in back ground.Or save and check bios.

What’s the best way to find out the power limit of my 6900 XT?

I have the AsRock Phantom Gaming D with 3x8 Pin power.

https://wccftech.com/asrock-unveils-radeon-rx-6900-xt-phantom-gaming-d-custom-graphics-card/

“From what I can tell, the card seems to feature a 16+3 phase design which is accompanied by high-end power components such as Dr.MOS MOSFETs, 90A Power Chokes, Nichicon 12K capacitors, a 2oz copper PCB and more.”
Gpu z under full load. Or try and call Asrock and ask them?

Thought this was kind of interesting, at Series X clock speeds (1815Mhz). The 6900 XT draws just 120w and hits 4K 120FPS @ Ultra Preset in Forza Horizon 4

Attachments

• B9AF8B23-94EF-40D3-953F-EDE4FE082FA2.png
    B9AF8B23-94EF-40D3-953F-EDE4FE082FA2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • FE87BB92-0BF3-498D-9628-0811A2E3C34A.png
    FE87BB92-0BF3-498D-9628-0811A2E3C34A.png
    544.6 KB · Views: 0
Anyone having issues getting to BIOS settings? Never seen this before but assume it's a fast boot or ultra fast boot issue. But I just cannot get to BIOS using DisplayPort and this card. No probs w/ the 2080 TI installed before. Man, this 6900XT is just being really temperamental...

Anyone having issues getting to BIOS settings? Never seen this before but assume it's a fast boot or ultra fast boot issue. But I just cannot get to BIOS using DisplayPort and this card. No probs w/ the 2080 TI installed before. Man, this 6900XT is just being really temperamental...
None here at all, using HDMI connect.

It seems I may have snagged an MSI 6900 xt tonight. I will see if I actually get my order now.

Just for the heck of it I tried to add to cart on newegg for the MSI bundle tonight. Won't work. Every time I tried, there would be nothing in the cart.

Just for the heck of it I tried to add to cart on newegg for the MSI bundle tonight. Won't work. Every time I tried, there would be nothing in the cart.
I just kept clicking the add to cart button and it finally added and I had to do the same to the place order button.

Well the XFX 6900 XT popped up on Best Buy, hit add to cart, two step process, waited for the add to cart yellow button to come back up, it did, pressed -> not added to cart -> pressed, pressed, pressed -> not added to cart -> Sold out. Since I was messing with the reference model, the real model I wanted, MERC, also sold out at the same time. Why even put someone through that BS process to end up empty handed?
Edit: 3090 FE came available - same end result at BB, add to cart -> nope, add to cart - nope . . . .

Last edited:
Well the XFX 6900 XT popped up on Best Buy, hit add to cart, two step process, waited for the add to cart yellow button to come back up, it did, pressed -> not added to cart -> pressed, pressed, pressed -> not added to cart -> Sold out. Since I was messing with the reference model, the real model I wanted, MERC, also sold out at the same time. Why even put someone through that BS process to end up empty handed?
I hate the best buy process. I've had the two step process never pop up the second add to cart button. I've also tested where I attempt on two computers, one adding to cart over a minute later and that later attempt has the second add to cart button pop up way before the browser with the first attempt.

I hate the best buy process. I've had the two step process never pop up the second add to cart button. I've also tested where I attempt on two computers, one adding to cart over a minute later and that later attempt has the second add to cart button pop up way before the browser with the first attempt.
lol, definitely a waste of time.

I love the Best Buy process. Got a RTX 3080 XC3 and Ryzen 5900x for my buddy, a RTX 3090 TUF OC for myself that was returned due to coil whine, and just now a RTX 3090 XC3 Ultra through their process. It's the only website with a system that beats most, if not all, bots. Newegg and Amazon are a dumpster fire in comparison.

EDIT: Only card I couldn't get through Best Buy was a 6900 XT on launch day. That one went from Add to Cart -> Please Wait -> Sold Out. Could be that Big Navi cards are just shorter supply at Best Buy and more difficult to get.

I love the Best Buy process. Got a RTX 3080 XC3 and Ryzen 5900x for my buddy, a RTX 3090 TUF OC for myself that was returned due to coil whine, and just now a RTX 3090 XC3 Ultra through their process. It's the only website with a system that beats most, if not all, bots. Newegg and Amazon are a dumpster fire in comparison.

EDIT: Only card I couldn't get through Best Buy was a 6900 XT on launch day. That one went from Add to Cart -> Please Wait -> Sold Out. Could be that Big Navi cards are just shorter supply at Best Buy and more difficult to get.
Goody for you, the XFX is now available again but now I cannot select since it is unavailable in my area??? Didn't know shipping via UPS was limited. Four times I went through the Add To Cart BS routine empty handed. Oops, now it is sold out

Goody for you, the XFX is now available again but now I cannot select since it is unavailable in my area??? Didn't know shipping via UPS was limited. Four times I went through the Add To Cart BS routine empty handed.
Its long unavailable and likely a system glitch at this point. If you didn't get into their buying queue within the first couple minutes after the drop you'll be SOL. Same glitch happens on Newegg and Amazon for some cards.

Its long unavailable and likely a system glitch at this point. If you didn't get into their buying queue within the first couple minutes after the drop you'll be SOL. Same glitch happens on Newegg and Amazon for some cards.
Well ended up finally with an EVGA 3090 XC3 Ultra at BB. Should have it on the 29 December. Struck out with the AMD 6800 XT and 6900 XT today.

None here at all, using HDMI connect.
This helped - thx. Changed over to HDMI and it's working now as I can once again get into BIOS during boot. Note HDMI had to be used when the card was first installed in order to get to the desktop to load AMD drivers. Was a black screen only. DP was fine once the drivers were installed. So passing this along to others: if you have black screen when booting/installing/accessing BIOS, and are using DisplayPort, try using HDMI.

Relevant specs: Gigabyte Aorus Master v1, BIOS F31o, Samsung CF791 DisplayPort 1.2

I had this issue initially as well using my GTX 970 and a new ASUS monitor connected though DisplayPort. See the attached image, I changed all these settings to UEFI while connected to HDMI, saved the settings, shutdown the PC, connected DP and voila, boots fine from DP and I can get to the BIOS.

Attachments

• ASUS_BIOS_BootMenu.jpg
    ASUS_BIOS_BootMenu.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 0
MPT wakes this this card.AMD set the bar low 6900 XT.Piss on rage mode.
Clock it high out of the box AMD.You will do better in initial reviews.That is the majority of reviews.

MPT wakes this this card.AMD set the bar low 6900 XT.Piss on rage mode.
Clock it high out of the box AMD.You will do better in initial reviews.That is the majority of reviews.
Yeah for the 6900XT in particular, they should have upped the power and clocked it higher out of the box since it is their top end card where people are less concerned about power usage. I think for 24/7 gaming use I am going to use +5% power limit (267W according to GPU-Z), lowered the voltage to 1.085v, max memory. Playing Assassins Creed Valhalla, clocks sit in the 2500-2550 Mhz range. Stays plenty cool at under 70C with only 50% fan, so plenty quiet.

Yeah for the 6900XT in particular, they should have upped the power and clocked it higher out of the box since it is their top end card where people are less concerned about power usage. I think for 24/7 gaming use I am going to use +5% power limit (267W according to GPU-Z), lowered the voltage to 1.085v, max memory. Playing Assassins Creed Valhalla, clocks sit in the 2500-2550 Mhz range. Stays plenty cool at under 70C with only 50% fan, so plenty quiet.

With you bro.According to MPT.Rage mode is +%6 on PL.About 95 mhz more on core.Fuk it.Clock it out out of box like that.Win a few more benchies.
Should not post anymore.To many Margherita.:)

Kyle is fair dude.Never banned me for breaking forum rules.Thank you.
Nice to have a place to speak most of your mind.FTW H.

Last edited:
Gripe when it is clocked to the limit, gripe when it is not.

And you are not the one that has to deal with RMAs.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Not sure what 'releases tomorrow' means. Guess we'll find out eh?

This card is very tall, has me wondering if it will fit in my PC-011 XL case.

Which card is very tall? The 6900 is 'normal' and not noticeably taller than other common high end cards.

It means the scalpers will soon have cards to ship for $4000 :ROFLMAO:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08R81J62G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hmmm I ordered two earlier but decided to cancel since I only needed one.... I should've just kept both the orders and sold to someone here instead of those scalpers.

Well I got one too now
And nope not worried about power limitations either. I purposefully sought out a reference card because I want to waterblock it without any issues due to AIB funky design shit.

View attachment 310331

Now say bye bye you bloated over priced beauty (EVGA is the beauty not nvidia)

pictured: 3090 in foreground and 6900xt in background - oh and forgive all the messy VR cables strung everywhere. I am rerouting all my roomscale crap and its a work in progress.

View attachment 310332
View attachment 310333
So in VR. Whats your thoughts? $ per frame, where is my $$ going?

So in VR. Whats your thoughts? $ per frame, where is my $$ going?
Havent even tried it since I installed the card. Ill give it a whirl later.

Been to busy whooping hells ass in Doom Eternal HDR 1440p @ Ultra settings at 240 fps solid.

Back