I Bought a 6900 XT Today!

I Bought a 6900 XT Today!

• I bought a Radeon 6900 XT.

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • I tried to buy a 6900 XT and failed.

Votes: 65 22.5%
  • I was going to buy a 6900 XT but the price was too far over MSRP.

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • I did not try to buy a 6900 XT at all.

Votes: 190 65.7%

• Total voters
I've been eyeing the 3 pci-e connector equipped models in the hope that they will overclock better. If the power limits aren't able to be raised beyond what we see on the 2 connector models then I'm not sure how it benefits you.

For what 7 more fps? There is a thing called diminishing returns and were talking massive diminishing returns.
I think that limit, if true, is more in place for people that are seeking overclock records using alternate cooling.

Well I got one too now
And nope not worried about power limitations either. I purposefully sought out a reference card because I want to waterblock it without any issues due to AIB funky design shit.

20201218_122523.jpg

Now say bye bye you bloated over priced beauty (EVGA is the beauty not nvidia)

pictured: 3090 in foreground and 6900xt in background - oh and forgive all the messy VR cables strung everywhere. I am rerouting all my roomscale crap and its a work in progress.

20201218_122535.jpg

20201218_123246.jpg

Well I got one too now
And nope not worried about power limitations either. I purposefully sought out a reference card because I want to waterblock it without any issues due to AIB funky design shit.

View attachment 310331

pictured: 3090 in foreground and 6900xt in background - oh and forgive all the messy VR cables strung everywhere. I am rerouting all my roomscale crap and its a work in progress.

View attachment 310332
View attachment 310333
Hoes the performance on that sucker?

Well I got one too now

View attachment 310331

View attachment 310332
View attachment 310333

Dude! I am so jelly Tango! Which of the two are you gonna keep and have you done a comparo between the two, etc?

I got one! I posted about this in the watercooling section here https://hardforum.com/threads/wooooohooo-help-me-find-a-water-block.2005338/
So I am no expert but I will share how I was successful. Newegg is doing nightly stock drops of 3000's and 6000's. They announce it on twitter at 7pm cst. I found this out on saturday and started trying on Monday. Use chrome, not mozilla. Have your payment method recorded, and here is the biggest thing, go for a combo not an individual card, this is what got me my card. Newegg sets aside cards for combos and there is less competition for the combos. I know it sucks but you can return the shitty psu or whatever(for a stocking fee) and get some of that back. Have that combo pinned and start f5ing 5 minutes ahead of the announcement. I know for most of you this is common sense but I wanted to share my success story because I thought I was going to have to wait until feb or march and want my brothers and sisters to get one too.

Well I got one too now

View attachment 310331

View attachment 310332
View attachment 310333
Are you daisy chaining your 6900 XT...? :confused:

1kw PSU, it ain't breaking a sweat over 250 watts.
ax1200i here

All I know is that these 6900xt cards are beasts as my gaming sessions will admit so far

Also h265 hardware video encoding is very very fast indeed.

Reference design is a little warm but nothing a waterblock wont cure in the coming weeks.

$1200? Yeah, wouldn't even care if it was in-stock. Price is outrageous.
The referance is at a reasonable price if one can get one. These AIB partners are riding the Nvidia wave and while faster, are a horrible $/perf ratio.
AMD reference is the best bang for the buck.

For what 7 more fps? There is a thing called diminishing returns and were talking massive diminishing returns.

Value can only be judged by individual involved in process.
Food for thought
Reference 6900 xt + WB & backplate $1200 300 watts
Red devil 6900 xt $1200 480 watts.
Price does not factor in my decisions 👍

Value can only be judged by individual involved in process.
Food for thought
Reference 6900 xt + WB & backplate $1200 300 watts
Red devil 6900 xt $1200 480 watts.
Price does not factor in my decisions 👍

Theres only 1000 red devil limiteds being made so wait in line
And atleast 4 or 5 went to reviewers of that 1k batch.

Can the normal red devil hit 480 watts?

Last edited:
Installed my 6900XT last night - impressive performance and real quiet/silent but seems like Star Citizen isn't happy with AMD. Lot's of issues with textures :( and knowing CIG the developer they likely won't fix this for awhile. So I'm a bit torn as I'm into SC at the moment, and my older 2080TI is handling it better. Decision time I guess... Keep or return...

Same card different bundle.
Yeah I think the only difference is the limited editions come with custom key caps for your keyboard or some other random crap. The cards are apparently the same in both the limited and non-limited editions.

I’m eyeing the 6900 XT Red Devil again now since my 3090 went back. If they release the liquid devil version of the card before I get my hands on a new GPU then that may be the route I end up going.

Installed my 6900XT last night - impressive performance and real quiet/silent but seems like Star Citizen isn't happy with AMD. Lot's of issues with textures :( and knowing CIG the developer they likely won't fix this for awhile. So I'm a bit torn as I'm into SC at the moment, and my older 2080TI is handling it better. Decision time I guess... Keep or return...
Youre gonna burn out on SC very fast. Wait till you get constant 30ks.

Sc runs like shit period. Ive got a 3090 (not for long, cant sell it and gonna return it) and 6900xt and it runs equally as concentrated shit. Game is still shit because they want to keep adding content but fix nothing broken. Amazon Lumberyard is a kinda shitty performing platform. They keep saying thier gonna move to vulkan but theyve said that 200 million dollars ago.

Last edited:
How did you get the 6900xt tango? Old-fashioned way or automation?

I'm kinda after an asrock or powercolor 6900xt too, but supply there is right up against non-existent and the only listings I can find are where I can't point automation.

Youre gonna burn out on SC very fast. Wait till you get constant 30ks.

Sc runs like shit period. Ive got a 3090 (not for long, cant sell it and gonna return it) and 6900xt and it runs equally as concentrated shit. Game is still shit because they want to keep adding content but fix nothing broken. Amazon Lumberyard is a kinda shitty performing platform. They keep saying thier gonna move to vulkan but theyve said that 200 million dollars ago.
Yeah I've been quite patient with the bugs and crashes in SC and maybe too patient! Been involved with it for 5-6 years I guess. Only thing disappointing right now is seeing just how much more broken it is visually with the AMD vs the Nvidia card - didn't expect that. And CIG will likely do nothing to fix this for months or years. So I'll see what can be learned over the weekend with the settings, etc. (Of course my timing is bad to compare as 3.12 Live build also happens to be one of the worst patches with terrible fps in general.)

Will say that the look of the AMD experience in game is certainly better. Detail looks clearer and sharper (sharpening in cp is off btw), colors more vibrant with more contrast. AMD always seemed to produce a better image back when I was into flight sims.

Anyone else see texture/graphic issues in other games when swapping from Nvidia to AMD?

What were you running there? I have not seen mine when OC'd with power limit set to +15% pull more than 298W according to GPU-Z and my temps on demanding games, like Cyberpunk get up to 60-61C at near max fan.
Example running Cyberpunk (Average GPU clocks are more like 2550-2575):
1608401731346.png

What were you running there? I have not seen mine when OC'd with power limit set to +15% pull more than 298W according to GPU-Z and my temps on demanding games, like Cyberpunk get up to 60-61C at near max fan.
Example running Cyberpunk (Average GPU clocks are more like 2550-2575):
View attachment 310648

Running Time spy.But that is in coincidental.Question is........HaHa.Looking forward to block now.

Not familiar with term mesh.I will guess your looking for ram specks?If so 3800/1900 and 4000/2000.
Yeah, I couldn't remember the name. I was trying to ask if your memory and infinity fabric were synched and at what speeds they were running.

Made By AMD. $999 from AMD.com.
I got my card at msrp, Asrock reference, from a local guy who got it from microcenter. He sold it to me for msrp 999 plus tax 6% and 40 dollar markup for an even 1100. So basically I got it at msrp. NOT gonna complain about that deal 🤝👍

And to those that dont know the 6900xt is a wicked powerful card. I am more than impressed. Great Job AMD! Literally mean it.

Attachments

• 4E9EE7C2-ECFD-4250-9E83-FAD47B89A1FA.jpeg
    4E9EE7C2-ECFD-4250-9E83-FAD47B89A1FA.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 0
Back