I Bought a 6900 XT Today!

I Bought a 6900 XT Today!

• I bought a Radeon 6900 XT.

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • I tried to buy a 6900 XT and failed.

Votes: 65 22.5%
  • I was going to buy a 6900 XT but the price was too far over MSRP.

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • I did not try to buy a 6900 XT at all.

Votes: 190 65.7%

• Total voters
Thinking about getting a 6900 XT, are there any major issues? The last time I had an AMD card was a 5700 XT and it was a nightmare, half of the time the card did not work properly and it would either crash or freeze my entire PC with a solid green screen, any issues like that with the 6000 series?
I ran a 5700XT since around release, but my experience was largely trouble free. If I recall I had a minor issue with one driver, but otherwise was great. Same with my 6900XT, it has been awesome and only issues were caused by a over zealous OC. Plopped my Nitro+ 6900XT in my son's rig and am running a 3090 FE at the moment, but I honestly really love the 6900XT.

Thinking about getting a 6900 XT, are there any major issues? The last time I had an AMD card was a 5700 XT and it was a nightmare, half of the time the card did not work properly and it would either crash or freeze my entire PC with a solid green screen, any issues like that with the 6000 series?

I haven't had any issues other than the AMD control center sometimes crashing when overclocking and having to restart to get it back open. Much smoother experience than my 5700XT was.

Running great on a TR3960x system. Performance is just plain out of this world. It is faster than the 3090 I had in this same system earlier in a number of games except for RT games. 3090 is connected now to a 65" QLED display where it definitely shines better with a 5800x pushing it. Both cards have been flawless for stability as a note.

I had the opposite. I wanted a red devil 6800xt and settled for a msi 6900xt because they just happened to have it in stock when I checked in December. The 6900xt has been awesome.
Would still jump on a red devil 6800xt if one came available at a reasonable price!

Thanks for the input guys,. I might consider getting the MSI 6900 XT, as it is in stock where I live. The 6800 XT's are practically impossible to find here, I would have gotten one if it was in stock, but the 6900 XT will do since I have no issues with money.

Scored an AMD reference 6900 XT last Friday thanks to Distill - it arrives tomorrow. I am pairing it with a 5950X - is there a huge boost with the pairing or is it mostly marketing?

Scored an AMD reference 6900 XT last Friday thanks to Distill - it arrives tomorrow. I am pairing it with a 5950X - is there a huge boost with the pairing or is it mostly marketing?
It's fast. I get 144fps in Path of Exile @4k. Maybe not the most intense game graphically, but it pushes the 6900xt to 100% usage. Maintains about 2300MHz.

I have noticed zero difference between a 3900x and 5900x at 3440x1440

The card is ridiculously fast.

Would still jump on a red devil 6800xt if one came available at a reasonable price!
I've kinda always wanted one of those but the issue there is cost and availability. If you want one it's out there. For $1500 lol

Back