I Bought a 6800 / 6800 XT Today!

I Bought a 6800 / 6800 XT Today!

• I bought a Radeon 6800.

Votes: 18 3.6%
  • I bought a Radeon 6800 XT.

Votes: 18 3.6%
  • I bought one of each or two or more!

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • I tried to buy a 6800 / 6800 XT and Failed.

Votes: 197 39.2%
  • Did not try to buy one at all.

Votes: 267 53.1%

• Total voters
Its funny u say this but there a LOT of countries that normall have to pay almost double retail in general for amy gpu so the high prices might not actually ever stop being sellable on a global level.
Yea but at some point the inventory and demand settles down. Demand wont be high enough for scalpers to profit - this is particularly true for consoles. Sony is actually making 10 million consoles by end of December and should be in market Q1 so scalpers need to be very worried.

Video cards eventually after 3 months or so all the people who want to buy at high price buy out. Same thing happens. Eventually you will have demand slow down and supply ramp up. Its worst right now due to pandemic and people being home and buying shit to keep themselves entertained lol.

Consoles =/= vudeocards. I dont see any correllation between production numbers sony forecasted and ordered a year ago having anything to do with the fact that gpus are historically unattainable right now, with no hope in sight till q3 '21. It takes months to negotiate, allocate, and order additional gpu manufacture above what was planned a year in advance, so theres no magic ramping or scalpers cant keep making money argument that holds any merit until we knownotherwise. Demand is beyond comprehension. At most we could be at 10% being met and that may be generous. The other 90% will find a way to get their card eventually, even if it takes a year.

Consoles =/= vudeocards. I dont see any correllation between production numbers sony forecasted and ordered a year ago having anything to do with the fact that gpus are historically unattainable right now, with no hope in sight till q3 '21. It takes months to negotiate, allocate, and order additional gpu manufacture above what was planned a year in advance, so theres no magic ramping or scalpers cant keep making money argument that holds any merit until we knownotherwise. Demand is beyond comprehension. At most we could be at 10% being met and that may be generous. The other 90% will find a way to get their card eventually, even if it takes a year.

what Q3 2021? No way in hell they don't have cards before that. I would say by end of Q1 2021 you will have plenty of card available, that is the worst case scenario. GPUs are totally different then consoles. Sony planned in June for mass production. Consoles have so many moving parts and a much bigger package. So I get your point but it only applies to consoles taking longer. Sony was targeting 5 from june through september and then another 5 miillion in october through december. Now this doens't mean they are on shelves. Just means they will be dealing with logistics at that point.

For vidoe cards is just PCB and cooler. Much simpler, not to say they can't have shortages. I have never seen anytime in my lifetime GPUs took almost a year to ramp up. Demand dies down early in the year and gets higher during holidays. But older cards have less buyers as time goes on too. So its all relevant.

I don't believe for a second you will be waiting till q3 2021 to grab ampere or RDNA2. heck not even consoles. Everyone is projecting by January you will have plenty of consoles available.

CDW is a waste of time.
Yeah, I cancelled my orders I had with them (RX 6800 XT and a RTX 3070). There was a RTX 3070 instock (not the one I ordered) for about three days on their site and judging by how other sites sell out within minutes - I lost trust in CDW. Plus other reviews online were mostly negative.

Anyway, put my RX 6800 XT preorder through Mike's (in Canada). Probably won't see it anytime soon, but at least their support staff is pretty active on Discord with stock updates and I have more faith they'll get me the card (eventually)..

HOLY CRAP, I actually got an in stock notification from newegg. I didn't see it till later in the day but this is the most excited I've been since I discovered my own peepee

Here
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for choosing Newegg.

The below items has come in stock as of 12/05/2020 and we are sending you this notification per your request. Auto-Notify is one of many conveniences we provide at Newegg (Please Note: because others may be waiting for this item as well, we cannot guarantee price or availability).

Auto-Notify Summary:

17-233-029-V01.jpg
14-932-373-V01.jpg
LiveChat icon

Wow - it must have been in stock for the few seconds it took for the email system to send it out to you. Unlike NVidias system that sent emails out an hour after they were sold out.

I didn't even know those notifications emails existed. I've signed up for them, but have never received one before!

The longer this drags on, the more I'm considering waiting for a '6700 XT'. Especially now that I feel like the 3060 Ti is putting a lot of pressure on AMD to hit it outta the park in the $350-450 range.

The longer stock is limited on 7nm pushed near its limits,the better rdna3 looks on 5nm.Less then a year away.

The longer this drags on, the more I'm considering waiting for a '6700 XT'. Especially now that I feel like the 3060 Ti is putting a lot of pressure on AMD to hit it outta the park in the $350-450 range.
If this goes on for 3-4 months like some are saying, might as well hold out for RDNA 3 due out soon after you can find a 6800XT in stock, and at MSRP.

So my XFX Merc 319 RX 6800 XT (that's a mouthful) I was lucky enough to grab on release day finally arrived yesterday. My rig is built (with a 3800 while I wait for my 5000 chips to arrive) and ready for CP'77. The card is huge. While it's stable I went ahead and ordered a brace to prop up the end as it is sagging a little. Just loading up some basic benchmarks show the system about twice as fast as my i7 5820/2080 rig. Playing Avengers (still loading software), which is pretty but an unoptimized mess, and I'm getting twice the framerates and it's significantly smoother, especially in large fights.

I couldn't get very good lighting for the photo, but here it is. I took the glass off because you couldn't see past it. The monitor screen is JTC fault.

20201206_122421.jpg

So my XFX Merc 319 RX 6800 XT (that's a mouthful) I was lucky enough to grab on release day finally arrived yesterday. My rig is built (with a 3800 while I wait for my 5000 chips to arrive) and ready for CP'77. The card is huge. While it's stable I went ahead and ordered a brace to prop up the end as it is sagging a little. Just loading up some basic benchmarks show the system about twice as fast as my i7 5820/2080 rig. Playing Avengers (still loading software), which is pretty but an unoptimized mess, and I'm getting twice the framerates and it's significantly smoother, especially in large fights.

I couldn't get very good lighting for the photo, but here it is. I took the glass off because you couldn't see past it. The monitor screen is JTC fault.

View attachment 306346

That's a good looking GPU. I've got a Nitro+ on pre-order, but I definitely prefer what XFX has done with their cards.

That's a good looking GPU. I've got a Nitro+ on pre-order, but I definitely prefer what XFX has done with their cards.
Yeah since we didn't have benchmarks, just looking at the cards I wanted the XFX or Powercolor, I accidentally got it right.

I have noticed it seems to be getting easier to get CPUs. Anyone else see better GPU accessibility?

I was drooling over the XFX, but it is actually too long for my old Corair AIR 540 case. I'd have to remove case fans. I realistically only have about 12.5" to play with, so I need something shorter than the XFX. I have been using my AIR 540 case for 7 years now.....maybe I just need something new to fit some of these huge ass cards?

I have noticed it seems to be getting easier to get CPUs. Anyone else see better GPU accessibility?

I was able to get a 3090 FE on launch day using a URL that added it to the cart automatically. No bot. Sold the card to a friend.
I was able to get 5600x, 5800x, and 5950x preorders into amazon with a bot. I cancelled the first two, the last one I kept and have it installed.
I was able to get one 6800xt reference card (overpriced gigabyte $799) preorder on amazon with a bot. I kept that order, has not shipped yet.

IME, the CPUs are easier to get though I still had to use automation.

I've had one opportunity with the bot to get a xfx 6800xt MERC. The bot however, was not able to get through checkout before it went out of stock. I'm still trying with the bot to get orders in on amazon for something other than the overpriced gigabyte card, but had no luck so far. If I do score a aib for the same price, I'll cancel the gigabyte most likely.

The longer stock is limited on 7nm pushed near its limits,the better rdna3 looks on 5nm.Less then a year away.
RDNA 3 is 2022 from the looks of it. It was mentioned after RDNA 2 announcement.

I was able to get a 3090 FE on launch day using a URL that added it to the cart automatically. No bot. Sold the card to a friend.
I was able to get 5600x, 5800x, and 5950x preorders into amazon with a bot. I cancelled the first two, the last one I kept and have it installed.
I was able to get one 6800xt reference card (overpriced gigabyte $799) preorder on amazon with a bot. I kept that order, has not shipped yet.

IME, the CPUs are easier to get though I still had to use automation.

I've had one opportunity with the bot to get a xfx 6800xt MERC. The bot however, was not able to get through checkout before it went out of stock. I'm still trying with the bot to get orders in on amazon for something other than the overpriced gigabyte card, but had no luck so far. If I do score a aib for the same price, I'll cancel the gigabyte most likely.

You wanna use the bot somewhere to get me a PS5? I'll drop in 100 for your services lol. I already got one but that was pure luck and haven't been that lucky for the gift I need to give. Thinking about wrapping mine up and grabbing mine later but I'll take the bot help haha. I don't have time for shit with work.

Wow - it must have been in stock for the few seconds it took for the email system to send it out to you. Unlike NVidias system that sent emails out an hour after they were sold out.

Yeah, so I shared this with the chats watching the script bot stock trackers on youtube and twitch, because it was never picked up by those bots as coming into stock. They tried to tell me I was wrong, but I have the email so what more can I do to prove it lol. I think they send out emails with direct links to the items in question, and possibly don't open up availability on the website from the general scan all 6xxx models scripts. Who knows, I got it, but all the script bots didn't.

Yeah, so I shared this with the chats watching the script bot stock trackers on youtube and twitch, because it was never picked up by those bots as coming into stock. They tried to tell me I was wrong, but I have the email so what more can I do to prove it lol. I think they send out emails with direct links to the items in question, and possibly don't open up availability on the website from the general scan all 6xxx models scripts. Who knows, I got it, but all the script bots didn't.
Nice to see

Almost 3 weeks since the launch of the 6800 XT and I do not see any difference in availability compared to the 3080 in its first 3 weeks.

Hell, I was able to score two 3080s in the first 3 weeks but the farthest I got with a 6800 XT was actually seeing one in stock and briefly adding it to my cart before it went OOS.

Cannot blame you for that at all. Smart position. Bottom line, there will not be enough cards to go round.

I have put off any thoughts of a new build till Q2 very likely. 2080 Ti is still doing just fine anyway. :)

I have to admit, I am getting a little frustrated.

My philosophy usually is that if you want a big GPU, get it early in the cycle, otherwise you are paying just as much money, but for something that will last you less time. The only reason I never upgraded to a 2080ti was that I didn't want to buy during the "space invaders" issue, and once I was assured that was over, I felt too much time had passed since launch, to warrant paying full price.

I'm not quite sure how to alter my strategy with this extreme supply shortage. If new, faster SKU's at the top end were due in Q2, I could definitely see that, but if it's just a matter of waiting until Q2 for availability of existing SKU's, then that is a major bummer.

My Pascal Titan is really starting to feel old.

I had an XFX card in my NE card today and then as soon as I went to check out BLAM Fcuk off ho were out of stock! ughh All good ... part of the game

Buying stuff isn't supposed to be a game...

We should all be able to walk in off the street, buy parts at MSRP without making special plans, like you buy milk or eggs. :p

Well this came in my inbox today so... it looks like cards were never available to begin with, and AMD never said they would be on launch. They did say that AIBs would ramp up so....

Screenshot_20201207-142201_Email.jpg

But Zara if there are any in volume at Microcenter ill pick you up one alongside mine if you want. But we know how nV 3k series went and still is and assuming AMD is steady scalped as well.

I got the Gigabyte 6800 from Newegg drop today. I'm settling but considering how hard it is to get a new graphics card I'll be satisfied as long as it gets into my hands and works!

Uh. The reference 6800 is $579 MSRP so is Newegg just gouging or Gigabyte? Both?

With tax for me it’s like $615 before shipping.

Speaking of bend over season. Ek Water block AMD EDITION or whatever. Is 254 bucks.... WTH was trying to grab a 6900xt but might just get a 3080gtx from evga with block installed already. This is just getting stupid.

Speaking of bend over season. Ek Water block AMD EDITION or whatever. Is 254 bucks.... WTH was trying to grab a 6900xt but might just get a 3080gtx from evga with block installed already. This is just getting stupid.
Yeah it is spendy but does include backplate.. where as the typical EK nvidia block is 185 and another 45 for backplate.. so comparable in price. I do like the looks of the EK 6x00 block.

Got like 20 pings tonight on 6800s. No xt's. Too rich for my blood at $729 for a 6800 non xt.

I got my byski block for $100 shipped one week after I got my 5700xt (got it at launch). Still looks pristine and temps are great (around 40gpu 60 junct )

This is the first time in a looong time that I haven't had the need to put a water block on it the day it arrives. I already know what my 6800XT can do 2.7Ghz locked on air. It's insane, I'm very impressed. But, I play at 1440p/144hz, and I already meet that demand at stock settings easily. Everything I play is >180fps already at stock, lol. What's another 20fps, ya know? ;)

Now, I'm a bench junkie so, that's the only reason I want a water block still. I'd rather my next upgrade be a 5600X :). But, I gotta get through this pandemic shit before I start burning money again.

This is the first time in a looong time that I haven't had the need to put a water block on it the day it arrives. I already know what my 6800XT can do 2.7Ghz locked on air. It's insane, I'm very impressed. But, I play at 1440p/144hz, and I already meet that demand at stock settings easily. Everything I play is >180fps already at stock, lol. What's another 20fps, ya know? ;)

Now, I'm a bench junkie so, that's the only reason I want a water block still. I'd rather my next upgrade be a 5600X :). But, I gotta get through this pandemic shit before I start burning money again.
Yup a 5600x. Will probably give a better boost than a block. You can upgrade over time though.

I’m pairing the 6800 with a 5900x so once I got that going I should be getting to my 120hz 1440p monitor refresh cap.

Got confused in the 6900XT thread.

Got one in my cart. But apparently no PayPal option. Can't exactly whip out my wallet at my desk either.

Filled out my info, but I get a little window that pops up "An error occurred while attempting to process...."

Back