I Bought a 6800 / 6800 XT Today!

I Bought a 6800 / 6800 XT Today!

• I bought a Radeon 6800.

Votes: 18 3.6%
  • I bought a Radeon 6800 XT.

Votes: 18 3.6%
  • I bought one of each or two or more!

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • I tried to buy a 6800 / 6800 XT and Failed.

Votes: 197 39.2%
  • Did not try to buy one at all.

Votes: 267 53.1%

• Total voters
I can't find the 6800 on newegg right now. Seems its temporarily delisted.
No 6000 series listed on Amazon!
All of which may bode well - BB just started a two part confirmation process for purchases; you get an email forcing you to input a verification code. The others might be forced by AMD / Good Customer Service to do something similar to cut down on people being pissed off at botters

fully aware of the reviews! but what are the user experience like? does it reflect the reviewer? sorry for my skepticism :unsure:
I've been on reddit and here like a hawk. No one really has yet to report anything to be honest.. probably because no one can really get their hands on it and the lucky 0.00001% that managed to not time out during the 2 second window the cards were available probably aren't the types the share their expeiences online.

Even if someone managed to order it, unless they got it locally from a Micro Center or something, they probably haven't even received their cards in the mail yet.

Professional reviews put it along the exact same experience as a 3080 though minus ray tracing and DLSS.

Mine shipped - looks like it'll be here this weekend. Again not too surprised since it's Thanksgiving week... just hoping it'll arrive earlier than expected :)

I was in the two Chicagoland Micro Centers today: both received a huge shipment of nVidia cards and only a few 6800s.

One had tons of 3070s, the other had tons of 3070s and 3080s - more than 60 of us lined up and everyone that wanted one got one. I was one of the last in line and there were still a few 3080 slips left.

I asked about 6800XT stocks since launch, they said they got 2 XTs on launch day, and 1-2 more in a second shipment. Along with 10 6800s on release and a handful of 6800s since then. Very very very limited launch from Radeon. There are far more daily drops and shipments of nVidia 3070 and 3080s than Radeons.

I left with a 3080 today, just in case I won't be able to get a 6800XT for a while. But I plan on going back to Micro Center tomorrow and hope the partner boards come out and they have some in stock.... one last early morning camping Micro Center and I'm done with this crap. I'll just be F5ing online for 2 weeks after tomorrow and if I don't manage to snag a 6800XT within the 2 week return period of my 3080, I guess I'm going nVidia this geneneration.

I was in the two Chicagoland Micro Centers today: both received a huge shipment of nVidia cards and only a few 6800s.

One had tons of 3070s, the other had tons of 3070s and 3080s - more than 60 of us lined up and everyone that wanted one got one. I was one of the last in line and there were still a few 3080 slips left.

I asked about 6800XT stocks since launch, they said they got 2 XTs on launch day, and 1-2 more in a second shipment. Along with 10 6800s on release and a handful of 6800s since then. Very very very limited launch from Radeon. There are far more daily drops and shipments of nVidia 3070 and 3080s than Radeons.

I left with a 3080 today, just in case I won't be able to get a 6800XT for a while. But I plan on going back to Micro Center tomorrow and hope the partner boards come out and they have some in stock.... one last early morning camping Micro Center and I'm done with this crap. I'll just be F5ing online for 2 weeks after tomorrow and if I don't manage to snag a 6800XT within the 2 week return period of my 3080, I guess I'm going nVidia this geneneration.
Yeah ill be ther tomorrow at 7ish am hopong to snag a Sapphire or powercolor

Holy, I'm so glad you posted this, because I was going to show up at 5AM or so :dead:

That doesn't bode well. Hopefully they'll still be 'available' for purchase in other venues tomorrow

and in general: this secrecy about embargos, infos, and stores not even knowing if/what/when they'll receive shipments or be able to ship to customers.. .everyone is blindfolded from customers to retailers. What the hell. How is this acceptable and professional to anyone at any level? I hope this trend doesn't continue

to anyone:
Has the AMD.com store ever carried AIB, or should people not bother refreshing and waiting on that site tomorrow?

Last edited by a moderator:
to anyone:
Has the AMD.com store ever carried AIB, or should people not bother refreshing and waiting on that site tomorrow?
I wouldn’t stop checking AMDs site, unless a non-reference card is what you really want. I would definitely bother checking AMD site. I prefer reference cards so I kept checking their site and eventually got one one morning.

I’m debating a Ryzen 5600X right now, or later.

And to verify these claims are valid we see that this was infact posted by a Forum Admin so this is legit!

1606268796814.png

I like how so many of the comments are: "wait so should we camp out or not?", and "i don't understand, are cards coming tomorrow or no?"

I like how so many of the comments are: "wait so should we camp out or not?", and "i don't understand, are cards coming tomorrow or no?"

Reading comprehension 101. You would assume people that are smart enough to put a god damn computer together should be able to understand what's written there.

How disappointing.

I'd giggle about the availability and people's responses, but I went through it already with the 3080/3090 and that'd just be mean.

What a time to be mostly stuck at home, eh?

I'd giggle about the availability and people's responses, but I went through it already with the 3080/3090 and that'd just be mean.

Yeah. Took me over a month and change to get a 3080. I’ll wait- want a red devil or nitro 6800XT, and possibly (depending on how my 5700XT does at VR) a second one. Patience.
Still waiting on the 3XXX Hydro Copper cards too

Yeah. Took me over a month and change to get a 3080. I’ll wait- want a red devil or nitro 6800XT, and possibly (depending on how my 5700XT does at VR) a second one. Patience.
Still waiting on the 3XXX Hydro Copper cards too
Yeah but Yeah by the time these cards finally come out to the market next generation will already be waiting to come out on the market too

Yeah but Yeah by the time these cards finally come out to the market next generation will already be waiting to come out on the market too
Then we’ll be finally buying 6800s and 3080s while the scalpers have all the new ones

Was it the FE? That is the only 3080 I am interested in.

Then we’ll be finally buying 6800s and 3080s while the scalpers have all the new ones
Well in the meantime I was able to actually find some .22LR for 0.10/rd

So if I cant shoot in video games right now, ill shoot my old diesel brake rotor in the back acres

I am ready to buy an AIB 6800XT today! I skipped trying to buy a 3080 until the 6000 series was reviewed so I didn't get to take part in the futile madness just yet. Any advice on my best chances of getting one today? Actual release times? I have had zero luck trying to sniff out anything helpful in regards to the AIB release outside of today is the day.

Sapphire or Red Devil would be my tops. Asus LC would be nice too, but Asus hinting good luck makes me think no shot at that.

I am ready to buy an AIB 6800XT today! I skipped trying to buy a 3080 until the 6000 series was reviewed so I didn't get to take part in the futile madness just yet. Any advice on my best chances of getting one today? Actual release times? I have had zero luck trying to sniff out anything helpful in regards to the AIB release outside of today is the day.

I've been reading 6AM PST - however, can't say if I saw that from an official source or it's just rumor based on previous launches. Good luck!

So far I have seen no new links posted and no new ASIN on amazon either. Stores in Europe don't seem to be getting any stock at all and neither are the micro center stores in the US.

About 45 minutes or so until it supposedly becomes available. Mentally preparing myself for disappointment.

Yea, took me 3+ weeks of constantly checking to get a 3080, and even then, I got lucky. Not about to do the same for the PS5 or XSX (or RX 6000 cards).

30 minutes to go.Most will be wiping there tears.
Good day any how.X Box X ready for pick up.
I hope you all get one.Less competing for 6900 xt.

So far I have seen no new links posted and no new ASIN on amazon either. Stores in Europe don't seem to be getting any stock at all and neither are the micro center stores in the US.

About 45 minutes or so until it supposedly becomes available. Mentally preparing myself for disappointment.

I hear you. I don't even know where to look at this point. No official listings anywhere. For something that is supposedly releasing in 24 minutes...crickets

Wed. the 25th.

Come on retailers - show me your goodies!

(...meaning I haven't seen any yet)

Last edited:
Micro Center, Overclockers uk, SCAN, Swedish, Danish and New Zealand retailers have confirmed they're not getting any AIB cards this week so far.

no one said they are actually released today. The AIB embargo lifts today so they can share info and sell if they are ready, doesn't mean any will go up for sale, and the 9am time is just rumors and conjecture because that's when it officially launched and listed for the launch day, doesn't mean AIB will do the same, and definitely not at all once =/ but let's hope.

no one said they are actually released today. The AIB embargo lifts today so they can share info and sell if they are ready, doesn't mean any will go up for sale, and the 9am time is just rumors and conjecture because that's when it officially launched and listed for the launch day, doesn't mean AIB will do the same, and definitely not at all once =/ but let's hope.

I'm sure you'll see a couple SKUs, but not their whole lineup. If anything like the Nvidia launch, you won't see the "cheap" near OEM priced versions either as there is more markup on the fancy ones.

Back