I Bought a 6800 / 6800 XT Today!

I Bought a 6800 / 6800 XT Today!

• I bought a Radeon 6800.

Votes: 18 3.6%
  • I bought a Radeon 6800 XT.

Votes: 18 3.6%
  • I bought one of each or two or more!

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • I tried to buy a 6800 / 6800 XT and Failed.

Votes: 197 39.2%
  • Did not try to buy one at all.

Votes: 267 53.1%

• Total voters
Managed to add to cart on AMD website, but by the time submitted order, it went bye bye.
I started the add-to-cart process on the AMD website...things paused and got hung up...then the site crashed for me (still can't load amd.com for that matter).
Obviously I did not complete my purchase either.

I think my problem was that I hit F5 when I should have just kept clicking the next step button a couple thousand times on the shipping screen. After I hit F5, I was never allowed back to that screen. "Access Denied"

I hit that NEXT STEP button it felt like a thousand times.

I had a Strix 3090 in my hands at Microcenter but Im like 1799.00 F that. Ill hold out for 6800xt in a month or whatever

Microcenter Marietta GA only got 2 6800xt

So much for AMDs promise they would have volume. Yeah another corporate dog faced lie.

I tried but not until after checking a review so I didn't really expect to get anything, I think I want the Saphire Nitro anyway.

Yah I really wanted a 6800xt, but never saw a way to add it to my cart. Only was able to add the 6800 so I went for that.

As I posted in another thread, this is basically what happened for me.

Kept refreshing the page for the cards from 7:58am to 8:01am.

Once around 8:01am hit I saw the ability to add the 6800 card but not the 6800xt at all during that time. I pressed add to cart over and over until i got the modal window saying it was added to my cart. I clicked the button to view my cart and was given 503 unavailable screen. I just pressed F5 until the cart appeared.

From there I just kept on clicked the NEXT STEP button on the bottom. I literally clicked it hundreds of times in about 7 minutes after I got to that screen. It then went over to the next screen but gave me a 503 unavailable screen. So I hit F5 over and over until that screen loaded which was the shipping info screen. I then proceeded to hit the NEXT STEP button on that screen for 7 minutes until it went over to the next screen. Which again was a 503 unavailable. I then hit F5 over and over until that loaded. I then went through the captchas there on that screen and pressed the orange PLACE ORDER button over and over until it went through. Which of course was another 503 and I hit F5 until it showed my order confirmation. Which I posted the screen shot for above. Then I checked my email to verify the order was sent and I checked that my card was charged and it was.
I literally did the same exact thing. I have the same story. I have a confirmation page and order number from AMD but have not received an email from AMD directly. Only a Paypal confirmation and a charge on my credit card that is processing.

6800 Bought on AMD.com

I had to hit add to cart a bunch, wait for the clock to start cycling then it added to cart, lots of 503 errors, had to change my payment like 3 times (worked with paypal credit)

Confirmed order though!
Did you get an email confirmation from AMD yet?

I literally did the same exact thing. I have the same story. I have a confirmation page and order number from AMD but have not received an email from AMD directly. Only a Paypal confirmation and a charge on my credit card that is processing.

I should have said i got the update from paypal and from my American express i use through paypal to confirm the charges. I hadn't got it from AMD directly yet.

I should have said i got the update from paypal and from my American express i use through paypal to confirm the charges. I hadn't got it from AMD directly yet.
Same. Fingers crossed that it actually went through and we got the card.

Just got the AMD order confirm email.

Attachments

• 6800 order confirm.JPG
    6800 order confirm.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 0
My original plan was to get a RTX 3080/3090. Then once I saw that performance of the AMD cards I switched gears to wanting a 6800xt/6900xt card to replace my 2080ti and move the 2080ti to my wife's computer. Now that I got this 6800 instead I going to give that to my wife and sell the 2080ti once I get one of the ones I want to replace it with. Hoping on the 8th I can get the 6900xt. I am still waiting on the pre-order from BH Photo for the 5950x I did. That one is already paid for as well too. Going to upgrade my 3950x with that 5950x and give the wife the 3950x. Then I'll sell the 1700x I got in there now. That was the game plans for upgrades for me :) Maybe if a 2TB NVME PCIe 4.0 drive comes down in price low enough that I want I'll snag one of those.

Last edited:
Im offering this as a way for fellow H members to get a 3090 Strix. 1799.99 at Microcenter. I have a voucher good until 3pm est.

If anyone wants this card just PM me. Im just asking 1799.99 plus 6% tax and time and gas money. Im not scalping. Just a service to [H] brethren since I waited in line 4 hours for a 6800xt to only get a 3090 voucher.

This is not a FSFT post. Just looking out for fellow H members.

I hate this scalper bullshit. Woke up at 5:55am, hit refresh on AMD, Newegg and Amazon. Managed to get a 6800 into my cart and then the site crashed and wouldn't let me back in.

I assumed that they would be scooped up immediately and didn't attempt it. There will be plenty to go around in the next few weeks or months and if that is what it takes to get one at a normal retail price ... I'll wait.

Performance looks great based on reviews today and its good to see some real competition again at the high end!

add me to the list of losers who tried and failed to buy an XT this morning :(

Ya. The irritating reality for me is that using Linux as my daily driver and for 90+% of my computing tasks, puts Nvidia on the back burner. I would happily take a last gen AMD card if it was even remotely competitive with my RTX 2080, in the meantime, guess I'm stuck with the 3400G APU until/if ever these end up in stock.

I had a Strix 3090 in my hands at Microcenter but Im like 1799.00 F that. Ill hold out for 6800xt in a month or whatever

Microcenter Marietta GA only got 2 6800xt

So much for AMDs promise they would have volume. Yeah another corporate dog faced lie.

Yah, once I saw the reviews of the 6800xt overclocked outperforming the 3090... I couldn't even think of justifying the cost of one. I feel at this point I dodged a bullet in not being able to buy a 3090 previously. I certainly tried, but at this point glad I didn't.

Microcenter and AMD all said though that the stock of the 6800xt would be really low on release day though.

Did not attempt to buy a 6800 or 6800 XT as I already have a 3080. However, I'm extremely happy to see AMD back in the game and (FINALLY) competitive with Nvidia.

Yah, once I saw the reviews of the 6800xt overclocked outperforming the 3090... I couldn't even think of justifying the cost of one. I feel at this point I dodged a bullet in not being able to buy a 3090 previously. I certainly tried, but at this point glad I didn't.

Microcenter and AMD all said though that the stock of the 6800xt would be really low on release day though.
Yeah after 6800xt reviews ughh

On vacation in Mexico and Amazon charge is denied as my bank thinks its fraud... Guess ill have to wait until I get home.

Why does everyone assume it's scalpers instead of tens(hundreds?) of thousands of users around the world all trying to get a slice of the red pie?

It was obvious most were scalpers with nvidia due to the bit/store manipulation. I would hope that everyone learned from that shit show for this launch.

Why does everyone assume it's scalpers instead of tens(hundreds?) of thousands of users around the world all trying to get a slice of the red pie?

It was obvious most were scalpers with nvidia due to the bit/store manipulation. I would hope that everyone learned from that shit show for this launch.

Seeing as Ebay is now full of 6800 XT's for sale, I'm blaming scalpers.

Probably because of the scalper listings already on eBay.

I hate this scalper bullshit. Woke up at 5:55am, hit refresh on AMD, Newegg and Amazon. Managed to get a 6800 into my cart and then the site crashed and wouldn't let me back in.
I thought the selling was supposed to start at 9am EST. I obviously missed everything by that time

It was. I'm on the west coast now (Seattle), so PT.
Well, you could have fooled me, I didn't even get to try to add anything to a basket and get bamboozled at checkout this time around. AMD has really dropped the ball with the 5000 series and 6800 series launches. They have held back months to announce launch, and then have so little stock of anything. Guess we will all be on Apple M1 chips sooner than later

Managed to pre-order the EK waterblock for the 6800/XT. Something tells me it's gonna be a while before I have a reference card in hand to actually install the waterblock on.

So any thoughts on when should be checking sites for availability? 9am est each day you think?

I started looking right before 8 AM Central time and only saw one 6800 in stock for a short time. I'll continue to look for a 6800 XT throughout the day just for fun but I do not have high hopes.

Back